OTK cards need to be removed

Play Mode Discussion
Nothing sours a game more then oh you are dead this turn and you can do nothing about it.

OTK cards need to be removed, period.
Yeah, I hate it when I hit "end turn" and suddenly realize that I no longer can stop the minions on the other side of the board. I should have done something about the fact I'm about to lose before my opponents turn on the turn they have lethal.
Yeah, I hate that too but I tend to remove minions, its that 15-20 damage x2 to the face out of nowhere via combo decks that tend to ruin the game. I can deal with T4-T5 argo decks, but I cannot deal with a deck that gives you 0 response.
Nothing sours a chess game more than when they do that stupid "checkmate" thing. I have NO CHANCE to respond to their braindead easy move!

And don't give me any of that "anticipate their play" or "try to win" crap. Everyone knows that the true epitome of skillful play is to wait until your opponent gets all their pieces arranged exactly how they want them, and THEN do something about it!
It's the priest combo that suddenly takes a 2/8 card to a 2/32 card, and then with a zero cost Topsy Turvy makes it a 32 attack card and you lose. Stupid.
02/12/2019 08:00 PMPosted by Praetorian
Yeah, I hate that too but I tend to remove minions, its that 15-20 damage x2 to the face out of nowhere via combo decks that tend to ruin the game. I can deal with T4-T5 argo decks, but I cannot deal with a deck that gives you 0 response.

Having a Control deck clear your board and heal up every turn feels pretty bad too if you're Aggro. Welcome to allowing varied strategies in card games.
OTK cards arent bad IF these are well implemented.

Strategy - uber aggro with luck or you are dead - is opposite to well implemented.

Hope the team would hire some competent people in a future.
Id say they just need a counter type of deck. Most Aggro right now isnt strong enough to kill lets say a priest before they otk you since the priest can clear the board over and over and out heal your damage. This shouldnt be the case. there needs to be a super aggro deck that can rush down an otk combo deck before they get the combo and that said aggro deck should get countered by a solid control deck and that control deck should be countered by that otk Deck, Problem is everything else has been nerfed and these decks got a chance to rise to the top..
Cloning gallery irks me when it hits perfect and u take 40 dmg on t9. Esp after t5 mass hys and turn 7 and 8 psy scream. If priest draws nuts u lose
02/13/2019 02:38 PMPosted by Urza
If priest draws nuts u lose

Also true of most other OTK decks. And most other regular decks too.
Otk as a deck type? Sure.

The problem is that there are so many control tools that otk decks make few sacrifices in control to run their otk package.

There needs to be adequate tech choices to have the potential to disrupt an otk plan. More mojo master cards, dirty rat types.
02/12/2019 08:00 PMPosted by Praetorian

So you put a ton of removals but no combo disruption? No offense but that sounds very polarized.

Multiple OTK decks can be teched against with just a few cards. There’s a variety of minions that gives your opponent minions and have control synergy. One Example is Marsh Drake (synergy with Supercollider and Mage DK). Works against Priest res pool and Druid Mecha’Thun (if you kill the Dragon).

I can’t tell you how many times my opponent has 8-9 cards on hand when I play Hakkar and instead of holding 9 cards they play some enabling Toggwaggle into Naturalize.

Plenty of control types complained about brain dead aggro and when Blizz agrees and nerfs it you are supposed to switch your tools to compensate for the shift.
Yes, OTK decks worked like that, you are dead this turn. But what have you been doing for the previous 10-20 turns that led to the OTK situation? Learn to counter, not to complain.
The mecha toon is going off at around ~10 mana, is that purpose of that deck?
02/13/2019 02:44 PMPosted by Madmax
02/13/2019 02:38 PMPosted by Urza
If priest draws nuts u lose

Also true of most other OTK decks. And most other regular decks too.

If u compare nuts Im thinking anduin wins
02/12/2019 11:09 PMPosted by SolutionS
Id say they just need a counter type of deck. Most Aggro right now isnt strong enough to kill lets say a priest before they otk you since the priest can clear the board over and over and out heal your damage. This shouldnt be the case. there needs to be a super aggro deck that can rush down an otk combo deck before they get the combo and that said aggro deck should get countered by a solid control deck and that control deck should be countered by that otk Deck, Problem is everything else has been nerfed and these decks got a chance to rise to the top..

100% correct. I don’t think Blizz intended this number of viable OTK decks, but they obviously failed to consider what nerfing every aggressive deck would lead to.
Yes, OTK decks worked like that, you are dead this turn. But what have you been doing for the previous 10-20 turns that led to the OTK situation? Learn to counter, not to complain.

What reliable counter are you talking about?