Queue times are now a thing in standard

Play Mode Discussion
So a year ago queue time in wild top 5 were 16-30 seconds.
Since less and less players are playing each month- queue time have gone up even higher.

But now I am experiencing queue times on standard top 5- a phenomena that was non existent 2 months ago (no matter the hour).

1. Does this mean the state of the game actually made that many players leave?
2. Is anyone else experiencing a 14-30 second queue time at different hours across the day occasionaly?
2. Is anyone else experiencing a 14-30 second queue time at different hours across the day?

I've seen this, but it only happened after the latest patch. And it happened right after the patch, so I've been wondering if it's less a server population issue, and more that the latest patch broke (or intentionally changed) something with the matchmaker.
I'll admit I have noticed queue times more than usual. Granted I am getting games in under 30 seconds but I do see the little queue time advisory pop up occasionally. Still finding games in wild late at night quickly though. Not sure what is the deal really, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the population had taken a hit recently however.
They only just started always listing time, I bet that's the only reason you are noticing. Before they used to only occasionally show it.
I haven't seen any yet. I play at rank 5+ on NA servers.
I've noticed it too. I've also encountered some matchmaking screen freezes where I have to restart the client without incurring a loss. This makes me think it's an issue with the latest patch, but who knows? Just as a side note, I started playing wild today at rank 25, and on my way to 15 was matched up almost immediately and saw no repeat opponents. I was really pleasantly surprised by this, though I'm guessing it gets a bit different in the higher ranks. I did face 3 definite bots in a row, all playing the same basic deck and having random numbers and letters in their name lol.
Yea I've noticed that too.
Game is too much about hsreplay and borrow a list.
Devs should realize 4 month metas are too-stale.
Well first they have to realize nobody likes playing borrowed decklists into borrowed decklists, expected against expected. Deckbuilding should be part of the game, not skipping it with borrow. Borrowed lists should be more-involved than stuff like...play this death knight box-out card...or assemble these OTK pieces and don't discount them bc they don't need it which is our design-bad. etc

Just sell HS to HSreplay so it's all on one site if you aren't going to get sealed into HS. Arena isn't rando so it's controlled blizz what you see arena used to be rando too. Swapped 'im sorry' emote out for 'wow, look at your play, or my play" emotes...encouraging bm...taking away sarcasm for bm emotes.

Devs want us to borrow from HS-Re and "Wow" emote?
For 4 long months? While dodging classic-set class-card attacks?

Gross and super vom.
02/14/2019 08:56 PMPosted by Eyan
They only just started always listing time, I bet that's the only reason you are noticing. Before they used to only occasionally show it.

Don't think this is the case since I can hit the "turn back" button during loading times (before you would be locked on to an opponent immediately after entering the queue)
If it's a population drop, then it's likely because we're on the cusp of a rotation and the number of active players is at its lowest. It'll spike after rotation
02/14/2019 07:08 PMPosted by TheGreatGoku
So a year ago queue time in wild top 5 were 16-30 seconds.
Since less and less players are playing each month- queue time have gone up even higher.

But now I am experiencing queue times on standard top 5- a phenomena that was non existent 2 months ago (no matter the hour).

1. Does this mean the state of the game actually made that many players leave?
2. Is anyone else experiencing a 14-30 second queue time at different hours across the day occasionaly?

I only see Hearthstone viewership numbers up in the early US hours. I figure its the Europeans and Eastern Countries watching. By evening there is only 7000ish people watching Hearthstone.

Magic the Gathering has more viewers at night now.

The new 1st person shooter is going gonzo. Maybe people like to be entertained vs bored?
maybe they could merge regions, not like hearthstone needs a super fast connection to play or anything
I've noticed them more in casual than on ladder