Fireball should be nerfed

Play Mode Discussion
01/30/2019 12:52 PMPosted by Slickriptide
01/30/2019 12:49 PMPosted by HailFall

I think people who defend this are just thinking "I've never been annoyed by fireball so it's fine!" But sit down and look at the power level of the card objectively. It is just too strong.

to be fair, fireball will down the road be nerfed as it limits design space in new sets. Tip top tier basic cards, will never make blizzard much money, and are subject to this scrutiny in due time.
01/30/2019 01:09 PMPosted by FizzyElf
Allright, nerf all basic cards ... -.-''

and they seem to have taking this seriously, basic and classic nerfs againn outside spellstone.
Archmage Antonidas plus 2 Sorcere's apprentice and it's game over!
01/30/2019 06:31 PMPosted by splintertwin
01/30/2019 12:52 PMPosted by Slickriptide

to be fair, fireball will down the road be nerfed as it limits design space in new sets. Tip top tier basic cards, will never make blizzard much money, and are subject to this scrutiny in due time.

Maybe if I say "limits design space" people will take me seriously.
Yes. Let's nerf all the classic cards.
This is probably the dumbest thread I have ever read.

Is there a way to block this Haifail idiot's threads.
Obviously he's trolling, but if Ayala read this he'd probably agree and have it nerfed by morning.
01/31/2019 09:45 PMPosted by NiXDart
Obviously he's trolling, but if Ayala read this he'd probably agree and have it nerfed by morning.

Not yet. They'll wait for people to craft a new mage deck first and then nerf all the classic cards in said deck.
They will nerf fireball eventually,wont even take that long I think. They trying to get rid of classic asap,big nerf every other 2 weeks lol.
6 mana most likely,just to be sure. (not even trolling,this will happen)
By this poster’s logic eviscerate needs not only nerfed but deleted from the game entirely . That rank 22 logic boys.
Quite frankly this has always been blatantly broken. An above curve removal spell that also goes face? 6 damage face for 4 Mana in a class with sufficient burn and card draw to run a full burn deck.... Not a good idea. This is the biggest thing that's an issue with burn mage decks. 60% of a pyroblast for 4 Mana.... 12 damage face for 8 Mana?
Really?

I think people who defend this are just thinking "I've never been annoyed by fireball so it's fine!" But sit down and look at the power level of the card objectively. It is just too strong.

Either make it 5 Mana (balanced, imo. Still playable just less absurd) or make it unable to go face (not every classic card has to be playable either).

So yeah. I'm sure people are gonna say "omg it's not even strong right now!" But the fact of the matter is overpowered cards should be toned down.
fireball should cost 5 so that it cant combo with Exodia mage.
Being otked for infinite damage is terrible design.
02/01/2019 02:23 AMPosted by splintertwin
Quite frankly this has always been blatantly broken. An above curve removal spell that also goes face? 6 damage face for 4 Mana in a class with sufficient burn and card draw to run a full burn deck.... Not a good idea. This is the biggest thing that's an issue with burn mage decks. 60% of a pyroblast for 4 Mana.... 12 damage face for 8 Mana?
Really?

Either make it 5 Mana (balanced, imo. Still playable just less absurd) or make it unable to go face (not every classic card has to be playable either).

So yeah. I'm sure people are gonna say "omg it's not even strong right now!" But the fact of the matter is overpowered cards should be toned down.
fireball should cost 5 so that it cant combo with Exodia mage.
Being otked for infinite damage is terrible design.

Says the guy who’s namesake is one of the most oppressively powerful OTK decks in Modern MtG history? Okay.