I want the old hearthstone back

Community Discussion
I've been playing since Beta and recently took a break for a few months right before the latest expansion. I've been playing for about a week now and it really blows my mind what has happened to the game. I just lost to a 26 damage OTK on turn 6 from a Rogue. I'm not opposed to turn 6 rogue but please Blizzard this is ridiculous.

Over the last few weeks I have frequently been OTK'd on turn 8 or sooner by a variety of classes and decks because they are lucky enough to get that perfect combo. I remember a time when these types of shenanigans were swiftly dealt with via nerf and now it appears this this type of bs is the new meta.

I'm really hoping that we can get back to the good old days when things like board control, tempo, and card advantage actually mattered.
Sounds like you might enjoy arena.

I'd be all for a meta that doesn't have so many "nearly" unstoppable combos. Maybe when the next set comes out and the old stuff rotates out, and then if they nerf the remaining overpowered stuff you might get your wish.
02/12/2019 07:49 PMPosted by Lugnut
Sounds like you might enjoy arena.

I'd be all for a meta that doesn't have so many "nearly" unstoppable combos. Maybe when the next set comes out and the old stuff rotates out, and then if they nerf the remaining overpowered stuff you might get your wish.

I played arena exclusively for the first year and got all my cards that way but I really prefer standard now. It is just odd that they went from a company who wanted the best user experience for the players and working really hard to prevent these types of combos to a company that now promotes the heck out of them with a whole combo focused expansion. Maybe they have someone new in charge?