"Dirty Rat" card ideas

Play Mode Discussion
Since it's been hinted that more of these types of cards are coming in the future, what do you think it could or should look like?

How about this:
4 mana
4/4 minion
legendary(?)
At the end of your turn, if this is in your hand, swap it with a random minion in your opponent's hand.

With this, you give the opponent the ability to do the same thing to you, and if either of you want to cancel the effect, you have to play the minion.
How bout a lock spell " Rat Destruction "

Each player discards their entire hand, then draws the same number of cards they discarded.
I have a few ideas.

A 3 mana Neutral 3/3 with Battlecry: Each player shuffles their hand into their deck and draws cards equal to the amount shuffled.
(This is more of a stalling type of thing vs OTK and if timed correctly, could cause the opponent to have to redraw a majority of their combo, which honestly I believe is better than the current disruption that is just like, Win this RNG roll and you win the game, and has no use other than against this specific archetype)

Or 2 mana Neutral 2/3 with Deathrattle: Shuffle 2 copies of this minion into the opponent's deck

Or a 9 mana 7/8 Legendary with
Battlecry: Shuffle a copy of both player's deck into their opponent's deck

If more disruption cards are introduced to the game that are the same as Dirty Rat and Demonic Project, then Combo decks just have to run more minions rather than spells, which does inadvertently weaken them, but there's also those like 1 out of 6 chance times where you were prepared for a Dirty Rat/Demonic Project but just got unlucky. In my opinion at least, disruption cards should be like healing cards against Aggro, they help you live longer, but they don't make you untouchable.
02/12/2019 02:55 PMPosted by LEETHELIVER
A 3 mana Neutral 3/3 with Battlecry: Each player shuffles their hand into their deck and draws cards equal to the amount shuffled.
(This is more of a stalling type of thing vs OTK and if timed correctly, could cause the opponent to have to redraw a majority of their combo, which honestly I believe is better than the current disruption that is just like, Win this RNG roll and you win the game, and has no use other than against this specific archetype)

This I like. You are exactly right about the problem with the Dirty Rat tyle of hand disruption. While Rat was pretty limited in that it only pulled one card, getting lucky mean an autowin against a combo deck. But the stall is a great idea. If it comes late, it's not as effective so timing it would be key. Hmm... could be interesting with an Elekk on the board.
Dirty Rat is one of those kinds of cards that should be moved to the standard card list. I suspect that they will introduce some sort of OTK breaking card in the next expansion. Similar to how Chief Inspector was introduced with the Witchwood expansion after Eater of Secrets was cycled out. Not the greatest of cards but it does keep secret decks in check.
Personally, I think a couple of disruption effects don’t take it far enough. Rat was almost perfect - it was risky, had some use against aggro when you couldn’t use it in a control match, and it was cheap enough that it could pair with other things; just a shame it was random. Demonic Project, I like much less, as I have to pay 2 mana and a card for a mirrored effect - it’d be one thing if Project turned itself into a Demon, but no, it turns one of my other cards into one, all that on top of being random.

So here’s two cards I’d like:

Chaotic Furbolg:
7 mana, 6/6, Epic
Battlecry: Choose a mana cost from 1-10. All cards in both player’s decks and hands of that mana cost increase by 1.

Misery loves company. Chaos brings friends.

Note: Goes by a card’s original cost, not modified. Deliberately made very expensive as not to be used to cripple aggro decks, which is not their target. Cards gained later, such as through Primordial Glyph, are affected. Basically, if you can identify the deck, you can stop it by making its target pieces too expensive to play on 10 mana. Debating whether the ability to shove a 10 mana card to 11 is okay since it shuts out a lot of stuff easily.

Infectious Sapling:
4 mana, 2/2, Rare, Rogue
Battlecry: Discover a minion in the opponent’s deck costing 4 or more. Whenever they play that card, Infectious Sapling is played instead.

Every party has a pooper, and that’s why we invited you.

Note: Whenever an attempt is made to summon a specific minion, whether it be by discovering extra copies from your deck (Master’s Call, Tracking) or by a summoning mechanic (Shadow Essence, Yshaarj, Woecleaver), Sapling will be summoned instead. When in hand, will look like the original card, but be turned into Infectious Sapling on being played, and will allow the victim to in turn shuffle a Sapling into the opponent’s deck.
5mana 2/3 : deathrattle - destroy a random card in your opponents deck
6mana 4/4 : battle cry - destroy a random card in each players deck
02/12/2019 09:43 PMPosted by Redserpent
5mana 2/3 : deathrattle - destroy a random card in your opponents deck
6mana 4/4 : battle cry - destroy a random card in each players deck

Those are way overcosted. Just look at Gnomeferatu, it is essentially the same card as your first suggestion (arguably even better as it can't be silenced) for 3 mana less.

This is interesting, but I don't think it would be very useful against the current OTKs.
When you play it, you're essentially gambling that your opponent wants to play their combo next turn so you delay it as much as possible, but most combos require you to draw your entire deck anyway.
Would be good against Gallery priest but that's pretty much it.
I'm not a fan of hand- or deckdisruption. I also don't like demonic project because often I have a minion in my hand I do not want to see changed to a cheap demon which is usually what happens.. But I do think it's a fair card, because it affects both hands.
I'm really more of a fan of the roguelike-like games, like slay the spire and currently auto chess, where you start over from the beginning and build your deck/team from scratch every time. You get lucky with picks or not, but so does your competition. Every game is almost an equal playing ground, only knowledge of the game matters. No endless grind to collect all the cards/items, you have access to everything, it will just randomly show up. One game you get a godly combo and the other you lose hard because of bad luck. But that's ok, because you didn't go in with a plan that ends up failing because at the start of game you just don't know what you're gonna get.
The one thing I'm missing from hs's dungeon runs is the ability to remove cards from your deck. It would improve the mode by so much, being able to remove some of the starter cards that don't have any synergy with your later picks and really only exist to slow you down at that point.
02/13/2019 01:24 AMPosted by Underman

This is interesting, but I don't think it would be very useful against the current OTKs.
When you play it, you're essentially gambling that your opponent wants to play their combo next turn so you delay it as much as possible, but most combos require you to draw your entire deck anyway.
Would be good against Gallery priest but that's pretty much it.

If there's a lot of decks that OTK you once their deck is empty, that's when you would use Hakkar or Mojo Master Ziji. (Mojo Master Ziji is good because, at least for Mecha'Thun, the opponent not only is stalled for 4 turns causing them to take 15 fatigue damage (if you play it right when their deck empties) but they also most likely only have their combo in their hand therefore they can't do anything about Mojo Master Ziji except for hero powering it, so that's a casual 20 damage from Ziji alone)
The card I created however, is more for decks like Malygos Druid, Togwaggle Druid (the cost reduction I believe is removed when a 1 mana Togwaggle or a 0 mana Azalina is shuffled, requiring another Dreampetal Flourist), etc.
Basically helps to stall decks that need draw in order to get a combination of cards rather than to empty your deck.
Dirtiest Rat, 10 mana legendary neutral beast, 6/18 Taunt. Battlecry - Summon all minions from your opponents hand.
Battlecry:
Destroy all minions and fill your opponent's board with Piles of Dirt.

Pile of Dirt
0-Mana 0/2, Elusive, cannot attack, dies on your next turn.
Dirtiesterester Rat, 10-Mana, 4/20 Taunt
Battlecry: Fill your opponent's board with minion's from their deck.
02/14/2019 01:31 AMPosted by Ropemaster
Dirtiesterester Rat, 10-Mana, 4/20 Taunt
Battlecry: Fill your opponent's board with minion's from their deck.

That should actually be “Deathiestlord” and it’s a 9 mana, 6/24 deathrattle with the same effect XD
Many of the suggestions above are a 'I completely destroy your otk combo, hah' which is not much better then the otk combo's myself.

personally, I like the ideas of 'the darkness', problem is that the 20/20 minion is easily destroyed on the opponents turn. So I'd like to see a more 'temporary' sabotage card, which, if played very late in the game, can ruin your opponents combo.

'Agent X'. 8 cost, 4/9
battlecry: Shuffle 3 sabotage cards into your opponents deck, when drawn, cards that were already in the opponents hand cost (2) more, or the sabotage card is played (cost 5).

of course, the numbers are just quickly conjured up now, but you get the idea hopefully....
02/14/2019 12:56 AMPosted by Urza
Dirtiest Rat, 10 mana legendary neutral beast, 6/18 Taunt. Battlecry - Summon all minions from your opponents hand.

Terrible.

I dont care if its a 400/12000 minon, there are too many 1 shot 1 kill and silence effets for that taunt effect to even be considered good
Hakkar's Prey - Neutral
3 mana 3/3
Battlecry :
Add a Hakkar's Mark to your hand.

Hakkar's mark
3 mana Neutral Spell
Add a random minion that cost 3 or less. Give your opponent a Hakkar's mark. At the start of your turn, take 2 damage.