Who else feels trolled by classic packs?

Play Mode Discussion
I have a very serious problem with classic packs (and thankfully classic packs only): I ONLY get garbage. I'm not even close to all epics after 3 years because this set always drops 4 common and 1 rare with the occasional epic/legendary thrown in after the pity timer expires (and I seriously mean it: 8 packs per epic and then it's Pyroblast for some strange reason 1 out of 2 times/35-40 per legendary, I started counting). The least golden cards I got from classic eventhough I opened more packs from that set than from any other. On top of that I never opened any "useful" legendaries neither. All cards like Antonidas, Tyrion, Sylv (back in the day) a.s.o I crafted myself over time.

Can I seriously be the only one?! I'm not biased here, I actually made notes because I almost quit playing the game after I started because I didn't draw ANYTHING good from classic and I only started getting some good moments when I opened different sets. A friend of mine (who started 2 months after me and never payed and money whatsoever) had 5 more legendaries than me after 1 year (2 already golden) and even the bad ones he got weren't duplicates at least while I had collected 3 Nat Pagles until that point ... I wish I was kidding here. I hate this card with a passion to this day (there was no no-duplicate legendary rule back then).
My friends like to refer to Classic packs as "40 dust". Although, I shockingly pulled a Gruul a few weeks back from one of the Tavern Brawl packs.
02/20/2019 11:58 AMPosted by IAMGROOT127
My friends like to refer to Classic packs as "40 dust". Although, I shockingly pulled a Gruul a few weeks back from one of the Tavern Brawl packs.

I also got Gruul, Mukkla and a huge other number of ... questionable legendaries. Still deciding to this day if I sit and wait for Krush, Alex, Edwin and the other good legendaries I haven't yet crafted myself.

Back to when I played the game for ~ 1 year and wanted to quit bc. of sheer "bad rng luck" a friend of mine, who seemed for some reason to get the luck I was missing out on, drew 6 more legendaries than I had (2 of them golden) eventhough he started what? 2 months after me? And never spent money on the game to this day.
My distribution of classic card pack results are fairly spread. I have opened some good classic cards like Alex, Antonidas, Jaraxxus, Velen, etc but I've also opened a bunch of bad cards like Mukla (free dust), The Beast, and a bunch of others.

I've also supplemented my classic packs with the welcome bundles too, which has allowed me to collect a few more legendaries at an accelerated pace. However, even before that I was able to get a few cards like Jaraxxus and Baron Geddon early on.

Classic packs you kind of fill as you go. Don't expect to open good cards until you open everything. I'm still waiting on Ysera and a few other good pulls, but inevitably I'll get them at some point.
I'm still missing 1x Doomsayer and Cabal Shadow Priest (among other cards but thos 2 are my bane)

I refuse to craft them.
The goal is for blizzard to make us hate the classic set and nerf the hell out of them. We will cheer, but the new players will stop trying the game when the base set gets hall of famed or nerfed to oblivion.

GG blizzard, gg. I respectfully coin prep concede to your genius tactics.
02/20/2019 12:08 PMPosted by ThinIce
My distribution of classic card pack results are fairly spread. I have opened some good classic cards like Alex, Antonidas, Jaraxxus, Velen, etc but I've also opened a bunch of bad cards like Mukla (free dust), The Beast, and a bunch of others.

I've also supplemented my classic packs with the welcome bundles too, which has allowed me to collect a few more legendaries at an accelerated pace. However, even before that I was able to get a few cards like Jaraxxus and Baron Geddon early on.

Classic packs you kind of fill as you go. Don't expect to open good cards until you open everything. I'm still waiting on Ysera and a few other good pulls, but inevitably I'll get them at some point.

I'd actually call your results VERY lucky.

As I said: EVERY single good legendary I got from classic I crafted myself (except for Malygos if I recall correctly and I never really used that card). I got my first epic for warrior (shield bash) 2 weeks ago AFTER 3(!) years of playing and opening packs.
I also purchased both Welcome Bundles (the old and new one) and both got me 2 legendaries: The ones that come with it.
To this day I've only gotten a single golden legendary from Classic, Harrison Jones, so it was actually a pretty solid pull. But likewise, most of my legendary pulls from Classic are unplayable (including Millhouse Manastorm twice lol). So I basically just rely on dust to craft the strong legendaries.
02/20/2019 12:14 PMPosted by IAMGROOT127
But likewise, most of my legendary pulls from Classic are unplayable (including Millhouse Manastorm twice lol). So I basically just rely on dust to craft the strong legendaries.

My worst results were 3 Nat Pagles in a row before that no-legendary duplicate rule was implemented ... I almost wanted to choke someone and I rarely get angry at video games.
So yeah, I feel you.
Also: Still missing Jones as well, almost forgot that card :-/

Edit: The "bad ones" I'm missing are Lorewalker and (strangely) Millhouse (that damn Tier 10 card).
they should change the reward from weekly brawls, 40 dust every week doesn't sound cool anymore :(
02/20/2019 12:14 PMPosted by GetSchwifty
02/20/2019 12:08 PMPosted by ThinIce

I'd actually call your results VERY lucky.

As I said: EVERY single good legendary I got from classic I crafted myself (except for Malygos if I recall correctly and I never really used that card). I got my first epic for warrior (shield bash) 2 weeks ago AFTER 3(!) years of playing and opening packs.
I also purchased both Welcome Bundles (the old and new one) and both got me 2 legendaries: The ones that come with it.

I mean if you pulled three Nat Pagles, that's pretty bad RNG not gonna argue with that. My luck with classic has been more so the fact that I never pulled duplicates from what I already had. The only duplicate legendary I have pulled twice since before they changed the system was Baron Geddon, which I dusted for the much more useful at the time Cabal Shadow Priest. I later then pulled it again and use the same copy to this day.

Another thing is that I don't craft any classic legendary cards. My luck comes from the fact that again, I kind of wait till they come to me before I come to it. There were tons of cards I wish I had that I managed to later pull out simply cause they were never a priority craft. Only two I have been tempted to craft was Ysera and Tirion. I still don't have either, but my hope is that one day I'll just pull them or maybe they'll have golden packs come out and I'll try my luck in getting a gold Ysera through elimination.
not me i just pulled leeroy and black knight less than a month ago
I’d say my luck with classic packs isn’t fantastic, but at this point I don’t even have much left to pull. I finally got Millhouse the other day after avoiding him for years, but it’s at a point where he was bound to show sometime, either him or Nozzie.

Also, I’ve gotten about 12 Doomsayers over the years. I don’t know why they keep showing up. They’ve been quiet as of recent, but I know it’s only a matter of time...
First golden leggo two weeks ago. Antonidas though I barely play mage at all. Still not gonna dust it though cuz it is the first and likely only golden legendary I'll ever see lol
I'd say my rate is pretty decent with legendaries. There are only so many of them and if you already have half and crafted the more useful ones, then naturally the bad ones show up.

Ill never have a complete collection though with the rate that Blizzard is nerfing classic. Unless they don't give out dust refunds anymore.
I feel the exact same way, but the answer is that no, you're not less likely to pull a legendary or epic in a classic pack:
https://pitytracker.com/insights

You're actually slightly more likely to get an epic. I do feel like the same epics keep showing up. I'm nowhere near a complete set, but I too have dusted at least two extra pyroblasts.

For legendaries, I think I've done okay.

From packs (some bought with gold), I've gotten
King Crush
Velen
Alakir
Mukla
Nat pagle
Leeroy
Ysera
The black knight
The problem with Classic is that they've started butchering or rotating out the good cards. From the classic and basic set, they've already nerfed or rotated out 32 cards.

Because every set usually only has a small number of "strong" cards and the rest are either mediocre and weak, Classic is starting to have much, much fewer good cards compared to all the bad---even the otherwise "good" legendaries are still so niche they barely see play (such as Onyxia or Cenarius) while the set still has tons of bad legendaries (Hogger, Illidan, Nozdormu).

We've reached the point now where it's probably not worth it anymore to buy Classic packs for new players---rather, they should buy from the 3 latest sets and then craft the classic cards they need instead. They'll get all the bad fillers eventually from their free packs.
I have been running crazy hot with the tavern brawl pack lately. Gotten 2 golden and 3-4 normal legendaries in at most the last 6 months.
I gave up after opening a golden millhouse manastorm.
Last Legendary: Ilidian
Previous: Manastorm

Never got anything playable.