Who else feels trolled by classic packs?

Play Mode Discussion
I think I'll wait until I draw the next legendary from classic (if my notes are to believed that should happen within the next 10 packs) and then finally add stuff like Edwin to my collection. With Alex I'll wait and see if she's gonna be HoFd (who knows?!) and if so I'll craft and play her in golden for wild.

I'm seriously uncertain about classic packs. After 3 years of BS experiences, I'm not looking forward to opening packs from that set anymore. I'd like to make a list comparing with my friends how much more value they got out of that set over the years but maybe I really shouldn't or I might feel cheated. Whenever I hear people telling me that they get 2 leg. out of one pack and then the next one inside their next ten packs, I seriously question the rng system in this game.
There is one statement that I can 110% not sign from my experience: 1 pack is about 100 dust. If I'd sum up my packs, I'd guess that everything put together, my packs are worth around 55 dust each at most
Wish me luck so that I might finally also experience something insane dropping from my packs in the future ;-)

I'm just glad that crafting cards is a thing in this game or I'd have quit the game approx. 2 1/2 years ago.
I've noticed this too. I've bought a few packs and done tavern brawls nearly every week since they started but I'm still missing a few cards.
02/22/2019 10:26 AMPosted by Kingslayer
I've noticed this too. I've bought a few packs and done tavern brawls nearly every week since they started but I'm still missing a few cards.

Right!?

Does the rng also favor certain epics for you?

For me it's Pyroblast for some crazy reason. Got 4 normal and 2 golden copies of that one (always with pity timer) and I'm sick and tired of seeing what passes for a random-number generator in this game by now.
The rng also seems to favor certain cards in other sets for me but never to the extent that classic does.
Nothing but garbage, like someone else said I barely even look at the cards just instant fodder
The way legendary drops work now, eventually you will get all the legends of classic then get nothing but golden legends instead of normal ones.
Same here, got so many garbage lately that the tavern brawls aren't even worth the time spent (usually 2 games)
02/22/2019 11:23 AMPosted by Alotosius
The way legendary drops work now, eventually you will get all the legends of classic

Yes, eventually - but that's a lot of packs in ... especially if you almost always need a pity timer like I do.

...then get nothing but golden legends instead of normal ones.

That's not how that works :-P After you have all leg., you simply get copies of the ones you already have.
Classic packs don't matter to a established player like me anymore, but I can totally feel you.

Classic packs only really matters to new player, and hence, classic set needs to be reworked to better suit new players.

It should not contain any pack fillers like other expansions do. Fringe cards might be OK, but ideally, they want to be in expansions instead if possible.

Edit:
Another solution might be introducing "new player packs" in the shop, containing the top 100 most used classic cards in the past month, and is only available for players who played for less than 1 year.
It'd also help if there was no-epic-duplicate rule so you wouldn't get the same epics 3 times in a row.

02/24/2019 04:06 AMPosted by ninte

Edit:
Another solution might be introducing "new player packs" in the shop, containing the top 100 most used classic cards in the past month, and is only available for players who played for less than 1 year.

Yes and no ^^ This is actually a very cool idea but I'd wager that it'd make the game even less diverse because new players would be tempted to create netdecks even sooner. The most fun I had in HS comes from building and trying new decks. If you offer them "the most played cards" you'd only see those overplayed cards even more. Make no mistake, the most lively set is still classic pack by a long shot.
02/25/2019 12:00 AMPosted by GetSchwifty
This is actually a very cool idea but I'd wager that it'd make the game even less diverse because new players would be tempted to create netdecks even sooner.

I argue that new players have never really contributed towards meta diversity anyway.
Because, these new player decks will never work outside the new player ranks.

I know original decks will pop-up from time to time, but they still contain a good portion of powerful cards, and usually piloted by more skilful players.

All that the current classic set does to new players, is placing an extra handicap on them, and making it harder for them to enter the game.
Imagine a new player who has just completed the new player quests, and opened all the rewarded classic packs, just to find there is nothing really usable.
How likely is he going to stay?

With a more condensed classic set, new players will have a better progression, and will hopefully keep them better engaged.

Also, if they can manage the resource correctly, they probably can catch up with the main player base in about 1 year (next rotation).
Which I still think is too long for any game, but at least it is better than what it is now.
its done by purpose by blizzard greediness..they want you to BUY packs will real money..thats it.
02/26/2019 07:59 AMPosted by hsescaca2
its done by purpose by blizzard greediness..they want you to BUY packs will real money..thats it.

I really had that feeling as well when I started but I have 3 friends that payed no money (still don't) and draw like Blizzard is trying to fill their legendary collection as some sort of speed-contest - no kidding.
The pack-rng seems to be 110% screwed but without any real indication to what you have to do to be in its favor. If it hates you, it consistantly screws you, if it likes you, you get some good draws.
02/21/2019 04:58 AMPosted by Illidari
I gave up after opening a golden millhouse manastorm.
that's still pretty good...
02/26/2019 01:06 PMPosted by Java
02/21/2019 04:58 AMPosted by Illidari
I gave up after opening a golden millhouse manastorm.
that's still pretty good...

Agreed. That's one free legendary of your choosing if you need one. You'll draw Millhouse again but any golden legendary is a good draw imo.
My classic pack luck is pretty bad in my main account. At one point, I had 23 legendaries, but 9 were dups and only 1 golden (when my alt account with something like 7 legendaries has 3 golden). After nearly 5 years now, I still never opened a faceless or bane of doom.
Since I stopped buying them along time ago the only time I ever get them is from tavern brawl or quests. Using the 40 pack pity timer for a legendary and how infrequent I get them, it could be a month or so before I get anything good.
Still missing 2 wild pyromancers and I refuse to craft them.
i've opened most of the legendaries i want from classic packs over the years, but have yet to open tirion or antonidas.

when i was new i dusted 2x captain green skin, 2x velen, and krush... have since opened a 3rd velen.