Frost Lich Jaina = I WIN CARD

Play Mode Discussion
Tired of seeing it and being able to do nothing about it.
What deck are you playing that she keeps beating?
Ask questions around the forum, she's not unbeatable.
Keep applying pressure don't over extend...drop mojo on turn 8 or 9 depending on who went first.
Seriously though just ask the guys around her for advice about your deck vs that one.
Some will come in here and say she's unbeatable but look for the posters who will give you gameplay advice.
Good luck

Edit:she's gone in April so there's that to look forward to.
While very strong this isn't entirely true: first because the card costs A LOT (opposed to say, Rexxar) and you have enough time to develop your game by turn 9.

It might be true down the stretch to aggro decks facing big spell mage, but most control and otk decks could deal with a card that farts elementals for 2 mana.

If you face Jaina with your odd paladin or zoo deck and don't win by turn 9-10 your chances are slim to none.
02/23/2019 10:23 AMPosted by Bonewalker
ever heard about otk decks?
02/23/2019 10:23 AMPosted by Bonewalker

Youre learning! But Dk Jaina is only one of several "I win" cards when dropped. She is one of the most powerful cards in game ever since that set was released a LONNNNNG time ago.

I know your pain. There came a day when they made this Shudderwock card it was beautiful.. You COULD beat Jaina and several other I WIN cards and decks but folks felt this I win card wasn't fair in comparison so they went about gutting all the wonderful cards to set up the combo.. Had a low win rate and often you had to dig for Shudders and Grumbles - not like Dk Jaina ready to drop turn 9 or 10 guaranteed.

But when all is said and done - that's HS - just go out get the I win cards and see if you can drop em first before the other guy or have the tech counter to them.
02/23/2019 12:48 PMPosted by Slimjim
Youre learning! But Dk Jaina is only one of several "I win" cards when dropped. She is one of the most powerful cards in game ever since that set was released a LONNNNNG time ago.

Yeah going to say Jaina is NOT one of the most powerful "I Win" cards by a long shot right now.... which is saying something, lol
I've beaten A LOT of DK Jaina's with Control and Combo after they've dropped her simply because she is a tool for surviving but not winning the game itself. She is an issue to Midrange for certain (I've won but your fighting uphill) and if you're aggro you are toast for certain.

02/23/2019 12:48 PMPosted by Slimjim
There came a day when they made this Shudderwock card it was beautiful.. You COULD beat Jaina and several other I WIN cards and decks but folks felt this I win card wasn't fair in comparison so they went about gutting all the wonderful cards to set up the combo.. Had a low win rate and often you had to dig for Shudders and Grumbles - not like Dk Jaina ready to drop turn 9 or 10 guaranteed.

I'm not happy with the Shudderwock nerf but in reality that deck was just as I Win as you claim Jaina is against certain decks. For instance my Quest Control Priest would routinely beat BSM in Boomsday/Witchwood but had maybe a 25% WR against Shudderwock. I didn't complain at all because the deck was built in a way that made it more defensive in nature so I couldn't rush my combo ahead of the Shaman's combo.
Jaina is not an "I win" card. You don't win 100% of the time you play the card. Now a card like Mecha'thun is an "I win" card as when its played as intended in a deck built for it its a win every time.
A deck with Jaina has fatigue properties, which by nature is designed to crush aggro. Build a control deck, you wont have any problems then. Besides aggro is dickish
im playing wall priest and its just impossible to deal with... spitting out an elemental each turn, barely being able to counter... and if he cant kill something he will voodoo my big minion and kill his voodoo. Then the 4/4 legendary that summons ragnaros wich has frkn lifesteal on its end of turn effect. How is that fair? All that while you cant fight back because your minions are frozen 24/7
02/23/2019 06:47 PMPosted by Nyx
im playing wall priest and its just impossible to deal with... spitting out an elemental each turn, barely being able to counter... and if he cant kill something he will voodoo my big minion and kill his voodoo. Then the 4/4 legendary that summons ragnaros wich has frkn lifesteal on its end of turn effect. How is that fair? All that while you cant fight back because your minions are frozen 24/7

You have tools to deal with Jaina and her elementals as Wall Priest. The only 'fighting back' you should be doing is an OTK. Heck, you might even be able to snag lethal off of one those Water Ele's with Shadow Madness.

edit: forgot a word
All hero ability cards are stupid, they break the balance of the game. They have no counters and stay for the rest of the game. There is no counter play and you just have to hope you can finish them quickly because a against the like of Frost Lich Jaina she has the sustain advantage. Fatigue...yeah good luck with that if she is playing Elementals.