Too much deckbuild restrictions

Play Mode Discussion
First i'm need to say that i'm not against deckbuild restrictions and that they are okay to be print but:

Guys. Blizzard is doing it nonstop since reno jackson and it reached a point were deckbuild restriction cards got uncreative and even lead to baku and genn that many here not like as they are.

So can blizzard stop print deckbuild restriction cards for a time and put their effort on other type of design?

You're doing it so much that you're losing the touch.

It would also help a lot if they give up on even/odd deckbuild restrictions and redesign those cards without it.
Highlander decks were really cool though, Reno and Kazakus were some of the best cards ever released in my opinion. These cards are great when they are well balanced, but especially with Baku the restriction is not enough for how insane the reward is.
I don't think the restrictions have gotten uncreative, but I agree it could do with being shelved for a while. Like I prefer reno decks over odd and even, as they're easier to tech with and adapt, whereas odd and even decks are easy to netdeck and succeed with.

NERF BAKU AND GENN, DEAN I KNOW YOU CAN SEE THIS PLEASE
I wouldn't say that Blizzard has been printing restriction cards "non-stop" (unless you count things like Quests or Huntmaster's Call) since Reno. The only big ones we've had since him were the Kabal trio in Gadgetzan, The Princes/some Hunter Spells in Frozen Throne, and then the Even/Odd themes themselves. Which other cards would you refer to?
02/25/2019 02:45 PMPosted by InfinityMin1
I wouldn't say that Blizzard has been printing restriction cards "non-stop" (unless you count things like Quests or Huntmaster's Call) since Reno. The only big ones we've had since him were the Kabal trio in Gadgetzan, The Princes/some Hunter Spells in Frozen Throne, and then the Even/Odd themes themselves. Which other cards would you refer to?

Well, if things go in a bad way is because they got to far on it.
They are print they atleast 1 a year and for me it feels like to much when you not have a single year without a new one.
My opinion is that the card limit is very restrictive. Most decks can only substitute maybe 3-4 cards and still be viable options, any further and they begin to fall apart or simply break because of the deck style, like res priest obviously can't include too many low cost minions or spells or it corrupts its death pool and obscures visions ability to consistently pull anything decent. Other classes have other limitations but same concept.

Having 40 starting cards and 40 starting health fixes the problem. There may be unforeseen problems that arrive from it, but in general it'd give 10 more slots which opens up a lot of combos that currently just can't happen because of deck restrictions and the heavy necessity for removal and specific combos/conditions. Health would make aggro less viable for the go straight face and attempt to barely achieve lethal before your opponent draws any removal and/or get them close enough to finish with spells or other means. It'd force them to include a little more mid range.
02/25/2019 02:45 PMPosted by InfinityMin1

Spiteful Summoner, Master’s Call, Rhok Delar.

I just played a rather tilting game against a Spiteful Priest who played Keleseth and Spiteful on curve. But the thing that really upsets me is on top of that he put Mass Hysteria into his deck and drew it before the Spiteful so it hits Mind Control, then top decks Mind Control for turn 10, into turn 11 Mass Hysteria.

Then there’s the game against Baku where they played Tanglefur Mystic giving them Keleseth.
02/25/2019 02:42 PMPosted by ReXaGOn
Highlander decks were really cool though, Reno and Kazakus were some of the best cards ever released in my opinion. These cards are great when they are well balanced, but especially with Baku the restriction is not enough for how insane the reward is.
Kazakus is the point of singleton and it's gated to 3 classes instead of opened up to all 9 for like max-deckbuilding.
Reno is totally worthless since 2016.

Baku/Genn are totally lame, and not like Kazakus or Reno.
It was a nice try by the devs but they like messed up real bad.
Then, they dub messed up n nerfed a LOT of classic cards because of Baku especially.

Ewwww!
"We use Baku to justify nerfing Classic set!"
Now, we might change Baku, and WONT undo the dmg we did to Classic!"

Box out cars are OK if they enable different deck types, and deckbuilding.
But it's cool we'll nerf equality to 4 cuz of Baku.

Baku and Genn just may be the downfall of HS...well that title already goes to Death Knights no-doubt and their no-penalty for playing...all reward.
... Reno decks were good, though.
02/25/2019 02:34 PMPosted by minami
So can blizzard stop print deckbuild restriction cards for a time and put their effort on other type of design?

There is enough non-restrictive cards to build any deck. Just switch it to Wild mode. So-called "standard" is the biggest and the worst restriction for deck building.

in order to get value from Reno or Kazakus, you have to draw them which was good for the oppenent. but stupid Baku and Genn are insta efect. and restriction of baku deck, it is not a big deal at all.
02/26/2019 04:13 AMPosted by yako

in order to get value from Reno or Kazakus, you have to draw them which was good for the oppenent. but stupid Baku and Genn are insta efect. and restriction of baku deck, it is not a big deal at all.

Auto losing to Shudderwock, one of the most popular decks was no big deal for me.

Of course I didn’t want a higher win rate because I couldn’t run the even cost tech cards.
02/26/2019 04:47 AMPosted by Marcoscongas
02/26/2019 04:13 AMPosted by yako

Auto losing to Shudderwock, one of the most popular decks was no big deal for me.

Of course I didn’t want a higher win rate because I couldn’t run the even cost tech cards.

shall we talk with blizzard about reprinting Baku with no limitation of odd cards? would it work for you?