I thought I had him

Play Mode Discussion
so I am vs a quest warrior playing combo disrupt warlock

I draw maybe 4 or 5 cards, I gnome 2 of his cards, get my tretchy dog combo, I wait for the perfect moment, try have minions on the board for the point where he completes the quest.

manage to set it up so I have 2 minions on board and he has to complete the quest and play the weapon after, I give him the dog trade trade down goes his weapon! yues! I did it.

wait no I didn't we go into fatigue and despite me removing every minon he has he still clears the board and wins without even needing quest because he has 70hp and is regenerating 4 per turn.

oh well I tried, is this match up unwinnable?
I cant really say for sure but it seems like a pretty rough match up I would think if you can pull off Rin in time your odds go up but given its two control decks and yours is teched more for anti combo then anti control your probably in a bad place.

Again this is just me looking over common deck lists and trying to apply my own logic to it so if anyone knows better please correct me.
To be fair, Quest Warrior isn't really a combo deck as such so but rather one of the most extreme control decks so a control deck with lots of combo disruption isn't going to be massively powerful against it. You did take away his primary win condition but fatigue is always there as a secondary win condition for an odd warrior. Especially so against a Warlock.
my deck dosn't run Rin by default, my only chance is to discover her via 2xstonehill, my main disrupts come from 2xgnomes, 2xdemonology projects (demon sac value) and one of dog/treachery combo.

thanks for the responses, guess it was a pretty long shot, still was fun milling his heropower upgrade.
02/03/2019 10:43 PMPosted by Lemminkäinen
To be fair, Quest Warrior isn't really a combo deck as such so but rather one of the most extreme control decks so a control deck with lots of combo disruption isn't going to be massively powerful against it. You did take away his primary win condition but fatigue is always there as a secondary win condition for an odd warrior. Especially so against a Warlock.

yeah it kind of punishes you for hitting the button if you cant output enough damage to close the match quickly.
02/03/2019 10:32 PMPosted by Tari
so I am vs a quest warrior playing combo disrupt warlock

Yup. That's what we call a bad matchup. They happen.

Quest Warriors typically lose because their hero power repeatedly whiffs and hits a minion instead of your face. You need to keep putting threats out on the field.

Voidlords + DK Gul'dan generate a lot of annoying tokens that will require the Warrior to burn their Brawl.

Rin is also an option since her demons give you extra bodies to play - while potentially deleting the Warrior's deck and forcing them to eat fatigue damage.
I won against a quest warrior by discarding his weapon with warlock. (howlfiend treachery,a deck I saw thijs play on stream). It did not seem particulary difficult but maybe I got lucky.
If you play howlfiend treachery I think you don't really need demonic project.