res exploit

Play Mode Discussion
do they plan to fix the res mechanics someday? one minion dies, bring 2 or 3 of it back to life, how does it make sense?
there's nothing to fix. The mechanic is working exactly as intended. The only thing they could do is change the wording to "summon a COPY of a friendly minion", because that's exactly how the mechanic works. Either way, you saw how the mechanic works, so use the information to your advantage.
right, nothing to fix, everything makes sense
if tomorrow, you have a heart attack, can we bring two of you back to life?
Bloodreaver Gul'dan: often polluted by Voidwalkers, only playable once (except in cases like double benedictus by a reno priest, very unlikely), belongs to a class which has only 10mana resurrect cards. It's strong, but doesn't look troublesome.

N'zoth: also playable once, unless you Shadowstep (and Rogue isn't played as a control class, except by players of culture) or Zola/Banker, except if your opponent prevents you from doing so.

Hadronox: strong, but highly counterable when it infests the meta (polymorph / hex / cornered sentry). His class has also lost its previous ramp potential, he's just niche now.

Anyfin Can Happen: cool combo, needs a taunt wall to be stopped. The pool isn't impossible to pollute (polymorphing or stealing the 3 Charge murlocs is the way) and Loatheb / Zihi can make it whiff

Kangor's Endless Army: it's fine. Limited amount of resurrected bodies, counterable by aiming the real threats (Eggs), the spell can't be duplicated except via limited case scenarios (Ivory Knight, Chromaggus, Arcane Dynamo). Balanced imho

Eternal Servitude / Dia Spellstone / Resurrect: completely different story, the class has access to Shadow Visions and this can lead to an average 15/16 resurrected big minions. Should be looked at, it's just crippling to run Gravelsnouts and Muck Hunters for the sake of it.
02/08/2019 02:17 PMPosted by blackveiled
Bloodreaver Gul'dan
N'zoth:
Hadronox:
Anyfin Can Happen
Kangor's Endless Army
non of them can duplicate corpses
02/08/2019 02:44 PMPosted by Shakou
non of them can duplicate corpses

When we're about to die, Ancestral Spirit + Reincarnate like the good old days
true but they can't be played anymore whereas the res problem will always exist if they don't change how the graveyard works
havent seen any bug

so if you find a bug people may be using report it on the bug forums
I do feel like Hearthstone's graveyard interaction is far, far too sloppy. As a disco lock player I've gotten triple clutch mothers from Soulwarden far, far too many times. (I've also played DK'Dan twice in one game by discarding him and retrieving him with both my soulwardens.)

This flaw can't exist in MTG for obvious reasons: you put one physical card in the graveyard, there's only one physical card to retrieve from ressurection/retrieval mechanics.

Hearthstone should emulate that. The fantasy behind resurrection is fine; I don't even particularly mind a creature dying, being resurrected, dying, and being ressurected again.

What I DO mind, and I feel is more due to sloppiness in hearthstone's implementation of graveyard interaction than an intentional mechanic, is a creature dying and resurrecting three different copies of it to the board at once.
02/08/2019 04:36 PMPosted by Illidari
I do feel like Hearthstone's graveyard interaction is far, far too sloppy. As a disco lock player I've gotten triple clutch mothers from Soulwarden far, far too many times. (I've also played DK'Dan twice in one game by discarding him and retrieving him with both my soulwardens.)

This flaw can't exist in MTG for obvious reasons: you put one physical card in the graveyard, there's only one physical card to retrieve from ressurection/retrieval mechanics.

Hearthstone should emulate that. The fantasy behind resurrection is fine; I don't even particularly mind a creature dying, being resurrected, dying, and being ressurected again.

What I DO mind, and I feel is more due to sloppiness in hearthstone's implementation of graveyard interaction than an intentional mechanic, is a creature dying and resurrecting three different copies of it to the board at once.

Completely right. Actually i dont mind them summoning two at once but that should be it. res should then be depleted.
That probably then means that the spellstone definately one of the culprits.
Spellstones was a nice idea but i think in some cases it targeted the wrong effect.
02/08/2019 01:34 PMPosted by Shakou
do they plan to fix the res mechanics someday? one minion dies, bring 2 or 3 of it back to life, how does it make sense?

Yeah I was out cheesed by a Wall Priest

https://imgur.com/a/oXx2C8R
Witchwood Grizzly. Gets even better after it dies comes back as a 3/12. Oh you got that one too?
I bring them both back now because this is my predetermined pattern - no deviating - this how my deck plays each and every time.
Now Master Oakheart.

Where did I screw up? Well he was at 15 but healed himself to 17 so yep 1 hp short of the win. I didn't Psychic Scream the 2/14 off the board in the end. And I dont run HS Tracker which would of told me he will steal the tarcreeper than dbl health to OTK.

Supa Cheese! Against my gimped Cheese. No secondary Twilight Acolyte.
02/08/2019 04:28 PMPosted by Boreas
havent seen any bug

so if you find a bug people may be using report it on the bug forums
zzz rank 20 guy, i don't know why you even post
exactly and that's the problem of hs
02/09/2019 11:11 AMPosted by Shakou
exactly and that's the problem of hs

Claiming this is *the* problem of HS seems a bit much. Cloning Priest is going to be just as annoying and highroll-y if resurrects were limited to the number of cards played.

(If you're arguing that Hearthstone should be more like a physical card game in general... then you're wrong)
02/09/2019 11:16 AMPosted by Madmax
If you're arguing that Hearthstone should be more like a physical card game in general... then you're wrong
why? because duplicating corpses makes sense?