Our CM, Jesse Hill let go...

Play Mode Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
https://twitter.com/jjhill_ii

Also WoW Classic CM (https://twitter.com/CadenHouse). Sad day.

Edit: Added Caden's Twitter
RIP Jesse. We didnt always see eye-to-eye, and I gave you hell at times, still the best mod these forums have seen in the almost 5 years I've spent posting here.
I found him patient, if not always present. I assume these forums will be worse for his absence, and I’ll factor that into my next purchase decision.
You will be missed, Jesse. I know firsthand that customer service is an exhausting job. I honestly appreciated your efforts to engage with the community.
This is sad.
He had a certain place in these forums.
His efforts to engage with us will not be forgotten easily.
With him gone, however, opportunities to communicate with those who decide our Hearthstone Experience, appear even less realistic.
And more like pipe dreams.
I for one, think he should have been replaced a long time ago. With that, it always sucks for people to lose their jobs so I will refrain from insults and hopefully others keep it tasteful. I think people are accountable for the job they do however, and despite some people's need to suck up, he was a terrible mod and bad for the forums.

Edit. I will probably get banned for this so if I do adios amigos. I am sure JH has a resume that will see him back to work soon and hope he and his family will be ok. I mean nothing personal.
Move Jesse to HoF
This is what happens when you remove Dirty Rat from Standard
02/12/2019 03:48 PMPosted by Goramier
I think people are accountable for the job they do however, and despite some people's need to suck up, he was a terrible mod and bad for the forums.

I have a rap sheet longer than most here, some of which I am sure were at his hands, and have also been posting for longer than most. I can assure you If you think Jesse was "failing at his job" you didn't see the CM's prior to him. They would literally only come out of the woodwork for big announcements. Thats not to say Jesse was perfect (by my standards), not by a long stretch, but he certainly is the best CM these forums have seen since at least 2015, if not ever. And, yes, I will give credit where its due in that regard.

Better the devil you know.
Caught in the crossfire, I tend to agree with Goramier. I felt like the guy didn't do anything useful an certainly never passed on good information to the devs. Or even tried to get them to give us a blog on updates for the game etc. Which I had advocated for in the past.
Well that sucks. I felt he was one of the best CMs Hearthstone has had in quite a while. Hope he lands on his feet and goes off to bigger and better things.
Disgusting!

He was one of the best CM, how can you fire him, always posting and informing the customers/players here... what a ridiculous idea to fire a CM like him when you made RECORD profits.

Shame on this company. Really enrages me to see this disgusting move from Blizzard/Activision.
02/12/2019 04:10 PMPosted by Bowser
I think people are accountable for the job they do however, and despite some people's need to suck up, he was a terrible mod and bad for the forums.

I have a rap sheet longer than most here, some of which I am sure were at his hands, and have also been posting for longer than most. I can assure you If you think Jesse was "failing at his job" you didn't see the CM's prior to him. They would literally only come out of the woodwork for big announcements. Thats not to say Jesse was perfect (by my standards), not by a long stretch, but he certainly is the best CM these forums have seen since at least 2015, if not ever. And, yes, I will give credit where its due in that regard.

Better the devil you know.

He was responsible for heavy bannings, thread and post deletions among other things that chilled any real discussion here. Real gaming discussion happens elsewhere.

I have been gaming and a member of Blizz forums since vanilla wow, though started on the forums during BC. Jesse is responsible for many things I take issue with but really, I feel no need to kick a man when he is down.

I will leave it there. Hopefully this is a new beginning for Blizzard and those who lost their jobs are gainfully employed very soon.
Jesse was good. I dont agree with his fate. Its a rough crowd here. Its going to take its toll.
:(
Saying JH was a "good" CM simply because he was "better" that his predecessors doesn't mean what you think it means...

Another way of thinking about it is Blizzard has yet to address it's own incompetence, one being it's poor staff selection (this includes devs) and lack of being able to attract actually good CSA's. You'd think a company would hold Customer Service/Satisfaction at a higher regard/priority but hey, make that money now and screw everyone who has a problem with it ;) (HS is bleeding customers/players...)

Cheers o/
02/12/2019 04:20 PMPosted by Goramier
He was responsible for heavy bannings, thread and post deletions among other things that chilled any real discussion here. Real gaming discussion happens elsewhere.

No, he wasn't. He single handedly overturned one heavy banning that I am aware of, and it was one he didnt even know about. There is a team of mods who are just as much, if not more, responsible for the heavy bans some see.
I for one, think he should have been replaced a long time ago. With that, it always sucks for people to lose their jobs so I will refrain from insults and hopefully others keep it tasteful. I think people are accountable for the job they do however, and despite some people's need to suck up, he was a terrible mod and bad for the forums.

Edit. I will probably get banned for this so if I do adios amigos. I am sure JH has a resume that will see him back to work soon and hope he and his family will be ok. I mean nothing personal.

+1

Although I will say I've seen worse CM's with other games but the good ones I've had the pleasure of meeting far surpass any employee I've encountered with Blizzard...
And Blizzard just lost about a thousand cool points with me.
Sad to see these news, but I'm sure someone like him that actually did his job and in a way that was many times more than what was asked of him in many cases, will find his way into new projects and hopefully with better employers.