Welcome to mage brawl

Tavern Brawl Discussion
Where I played 3 matches and all 3 were mages. All three had ridiculous easy combos. Then summoned ragnaros. I wonder if there is a mode that would have given hint to how bad this brawl would be......
I love mage brawl. They keep losing.
Mage is pretty powerful this Brawl, but hard-countered by Paladin, which is IMO the strongest class this Brawl.
^ The above guys haven't played priest or rogue I guess lol.
02/13/2019 02:55 PMPosted by Spudnuts
Where I played 3 matches and all 3 were mages. All three had ridiculous easy combos. Then summoned ragnaros. I wonder if there is a mode that would have given hint to how bad this brawl would be......

I just played Mage 3x and lost 3x.

Got the same deck each time and it was terrible. One spell, a bunch of high-cost minions and a useless shrine.

Meanwhile, the two priests and druid I played against were drawing value from Turn 1.

Definitely seemed as if mage was handicapped. Just did my three and got out.

Normally I love Brawl, especially the random ones that everybody QQs about. This week, it's my turn to QQ.
02/13/2019 05:06 PMPosted by Reinhardt

All my opponent as well as I always seem to have bad luck, because we never get anywhere no matter how many Spells we play. 1 exception was when I managed to get a 4/80 Twilight Drake, but I didn't get Inner Fire or Topsy Turvy: had to slowly burn my opponent down with Mind Blast and Extra Arms and such, and it only worked because my opponent over-focused on my 3 Shrines
I tried playing Loti. She had no answer for Mage. Loti gets poor value out of virtually every card and carries zero board presence while mage has a full board all the time and murders the shrine each time it activates. Turn 7 or 8 (sometimes turn 7 AND 8) introduces Ragnaros and gg.

Loti deck needs improvement.
Every time I try mage, my hand fills with high cost cards and I'm done before I get to play anything of value.

I've played druid a few times and have yet to come across any means to buff those overkill chickens, seems strange to include a minion that requires a buff to gain its' effect and give no means to buff it. Maybe the buff cards are there and just stayed buried for me each time?

It would be nice if, during brawls with provided decks, you could view each hero's deck before hitting play.
02/13/2019 05:06 PMPosted by Reinhardt

This.

I've not played Rogue, but I've been playing Priest and I've won almost every game so far. I think I lost the first game and that's about it.

I also won a game on turn 3, hilariously.

1. Coin + PWS + PWS on shrine
2. Divine Spirit on shrine
3. Divine Spirit + Inner Fire on shrine // hit face for 30
02/14/2019 06:27 AMPosted by Llyrrum
Every time I try mage, my hand fills with high cost cards and I'm done before I get to play anything of value.

I've played druid a few times and have yet to come across any means to buff those overkill chickens, seems strange to include a minion that requires a buff to gain its' effect and give no means to buff it. Maybe the buff cards are there and just stayed buried for me each time?

It would be nice if, during brawls with provided decks, you could view each hero's deck before hitting play.
Garabashi chicken, yeah I don't get it either but I'm probably not using it right