golden fireworks tech?

Bug Report
So, I haven't played in a while.

4 days ago I saw that there was a promotion for a free gold fireworks tech card. "Just login". And I did that. Logged in for the last 4 days, got my "welcome back" quests but never got that gold foil card.
(Also, did quests change while I was away? I'm not getting any new daily quests)

What can I do to claim my golden card?
What quests do you have (rhetorical)?

This thread at the top of the forum applies to you: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20769547813
Mmmm I still haven't completed the "do 100 damage to players" 'cause it's boring and I was playing the solo adventures.

Soooo... do you think I will get the gold card after I finish those quests or am I !@#$ed because I haven't finished the quests before to offer expired today?
(Even though, the offer just said "just log in")
So.
I finished my "Returning Player" quests on february 14th. And after that I got no golden card. The offer said to get the card I only had to LOG IN, not that I had to finish those quests before.
So.
I finished my "Returning Player" quests on february 14th

Our Lunar New Year celebration only lasts through [u]February 13[/u]

The offer said to get the card I only had to LOG IN, not that I had to finish those quests before.

Just log into Hearthstone during the celebration to add a free Rare Golden Fireworks Tech card to your collection.
@Theoden: I think OP's point was that they logged in during the period as well, but didn't get a reward. Apparently due to not having finished the Returning Player quests.
And while you and I both know from previous similar situations that a lot of special rewards are only available for accounts that are not in New Player or Returning Player quests, we cannot expect all people to know this. And OP is right that Blizzard did not indicate this requirement in the announcement.
I hope Blizzard will in the future add a footnote mark to these types of announcements, and then list the requirements in small print at the bottom of the page.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20769547813

This happens nearly every single time a reward comes out. It hasn't changed and blues have posted this more than once in the past.

Guess we can't expect players to read anything else except part of the announcement and none of massive amounts of third-party information, too.

When I like a game, I get to know all I can about it. When I encounter an issue, my first instinct is to research and TRY to find the info on my own.

If players want to be lazy, act entitled, or pretend there are no game mechanics other than what's printed on the cards; then that's their loss, and their own actions cause the bad experience they come here to cry about.

I agree that some of the rules surrounding this game need to be made available in a form other than a third-party wiki; but I also have played long enough to know that Blizzard loves to allow fansites to offer more info than their own when it comes to interactions, cards, rules, etc.

#shrug
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/22636890/

Celebrate the Players announcement blog.

See the italicized paragraph at the bottom...almost every patch with a reward card has similar statements. Is it Blizzard's, yours', or my fault that they don't bother to even read the patch notes?

*You’ll need to complete the introductory quests “First Blood” and “The Duelist” to unlock daily quests, (or “Ready for Action” if you’re a returning player).
02/15/2019 08:04 AMPosted by Theoden
So.
I finished my "Returning Player" quests on february 14th

Our Lunar New Year celebration only lasts through [u]February 13[/u]

The offer said to get the card I only had to LOG IN, not that I had to finish those quests before.

Just log into Hearthstone during the celebration to add a free Rare Golden Fireworks Tech card to your collection.

Yes, sorry if it wasn't clear: I logged in every day since feb 11th. I just didn't complete the "do 100 damage" quest until the 14th.
02/15/2019 08:34 AMPosted by Theoden
Guess we can't expect players to read anything else except part of the announcement and none of massive amounts of third-party information, too.

It HAS to be in the launcher's announcement.
The rules were clear: just log in. That was it.
02/15/2019 08:46 AMPosted by Theoden
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/22636890/

Celebrate the Players announcement blog.

See the italicized paragraph at the bottom...almost every patch with a reward card has similar statements. Is it Blizzard's, yours', or my fault that they don't bother to even read the patch notes?

[quote]*You’ll need to complete the introductory quests “First Blood” and “The Duelist” to unlock daily quests, (or “Ready for Action” if you’re a returning player).
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/hearthstone/22882146/hearthstone-update-february-5
This one did not.
02/15/2019 09:30 AMPosted by Fuz
02/15/2019 08:34 AMPosted by Theoden

It HAS to be in the launcher's announcement.
The rules were clear: just log in. That was it.

The launcher announcement also has a link to the full announcement, which further details that the login must be during the event.
[quote="207697878388"]
The launcher announcement also has a link to the full announcement, which further details that the login must be during the event.

And I logged in during the event.
02/17/2019 08:29 AMPosted by Fuz
[quote]

And I logged in during the event.
Yes, you logged in during the event, but at that time you still had the returning players quest. As explained in the post Fuschia linked to in their first reply to you, you need to complete those quests before you can participate in the event.
You then later logged in again after completing those quests, but by then the event was over.

I already stated in a previous post in this topic that it would have been better to preactively specify all requirements in the post where the event is announced, but that is water under the bridge for this specific situation.

Blizzard has seen this topic. I hope they'll take this into account for future events. Further discussion here won't change anything, though.
For you personally, the only thing you might try is to open a ticket with customer support and ask if they can assign you with the card. But you technically didn't fulfill the (partly unpublished) requirements, so I guess you're dependent on the good will of the support person assigned to your case.
02/17/2019 10:40 AMPosted by BigHugger
As explained in the post Fuschia linked to in their first reply to you, you need to complete those quests before you can participate in the event.

This was stated NOWHERE in the announcement.

The announcement only said "log in to get the card". And I did log in.
02/17/2019 11:28 AMPosted by Fuz
02/17/2019 10:40 AMPosted by BigHugger
As explained in the post Fuschia linked to in their first reply to you, you need to complete those quests before you can participate in the event.

This was stated NOWHERE in the announcement.

The announcement only said "log in to get the card". And I did log in.
Yes, I know.
Really, how often do I have to repeat that I agree that this should have been made more explicit, and that I hope Blizzard will be more clear about this for future events.