Time to nerf northshire cleric

Play Mode Discussion
It has been in every priest deck since the game came out, without fail. Time to nerf to 2 mana. Change my mind.
02/20/2019 04:54 PMPosted by Smilingbear
It has been in every priest deck since the game came out, without fail. Time to nerf to 2 mana. Change my mind.

It’s not run in gallery priest so your first statement is bunk. That’s never a good start to an argument.

Priests classic set already sucks so nerfing one of the only good early drops they have makes zero sense.
02/20/2019 05:06 PMPosted by Guldin

It’s not run in gallery priest so your first statement is bunk. That’s never a good start to an argument.

Priests classic set already sucks so nerfing one of the only good early drops they have makes zero sense.
And im sure that not every single druid deck ran their cards that got nerfed, but here we are.
I called for this when they decided to change Mana Wyrm
With the responses we got from Blizzard for the reasoning why Mana Wyrm was nerfed. And Druid for that matter and Warrior with FWA (Too prelivent, too snowbally, too much a crux of the game plan the class can expand from)
The definition of hypocrisy is nerfing those cards (and rightly so. I’m happy with the steps taken to fix the classic and basic sets) but then leaving out other clear offenders. PWS is the other offender in Priest.

By doing these small changes, besides being incredibly hypocritical, it blatantly looks like quick fixes to spice up a poor meta. Which is what’s happened over the last 4 months.

Just do 1 massive change! It doesn’t take a genius to figure out this huge class discrepancy is nothing more than pushing out rushed un tested balance changes to try and appease the mind of investors watching the player base and packs sales dwindling. Oh and let’s not forget the numerous pack deals we got when these changes were made. You have to be stupid to think that’s a coincidence.
Fix the classic and basic sets in 1 big go.
Fix the game and move forward.
Yeah, I sure run it in my wild big priest deck!
02/20/2019 05:13 PMPosted by xFoobs
I called for this when they decided to change Mana Wyrm
With the responses we got from Blizzard for the reasoning why Mana Wyrm was nerfed. And Druid for that matter and Warrior with FWA (Too prelivent, too snowbally, too much a crux of the game plan the class can expand from)
The definition of hypocrisy is nerfing those cards (and rightly so. I’m happy with the steps taken to fix the classic and basic sets) but then leaving out other clear offenders. PWS is the other offender in Priest.

By doing these small changes, besides being incredibly hypocritical, it blatantly looks like quick fixes to spice up a poor meta. Which is what’s happened over the last 4 months.

Just do 1 massive change! It doesn’t take a genius to figure out this huge class discrepancy is nothing more than pushing out rushed un tested balance changes to try and appease the mind of investors watching the player base and packs sales dwindling. Oh and let’s not forget the numerous pack deals we got when these changes were made. You have to be stupid to think that’s a coincidence.
Fix the classic and basic sets in 1 big go.
Fix the game and move forward.

Mana wyrm is a snowballing card that could apply a ridiculous amount of pressure and damage for a 1-drop.

Northshire cleric doesn't do that, and the healing requires either other cards to be used, or 2 mana be spent on the hero power.

Plus you can use the effect against them if you have your own healing.

I've burned almost half of a deck from someone that played 2 clerics when I randomly rolled a healing totem.

Alternatively, you can simply not play a minion with less than 3 attack.

The card is definitely good, but it is hardly on the same level as mana wyrm or undertaker, which required an immediate answer.

You can leave a cleric alone for several turns without automatically losing the game.

What the heck are you talking about? Cleric is only better than other discover/draw cards if you have a deck with lots of healing, which priest historically did not have for about 3-4 expansions. (At least not if you wanted a positive win rate). It took that long for priest to get good cards to keep a board presence. Cleric does not work without a board presence. Hence, the problem. Until TGT, myself and many streamers didn't even run cleric in any deck but one.

Even after all that, only half the priest archetypes ran cleric after TGT. A lot of the decks, like dragon, elemental, or silence, don't run cleric because it doesn't work with the deck as well as other draw cards. Control priest or combo priest doesn't run cleric because they don't need tons of card draw, and a lot of control priest would rather run thoughtsteal (or similar) to know what their opponent has. Again, you only run cleric if you have some extra healing cards, aren't running a themed archetype, and are planning on having a board. Which many priest decks don't do.
I assume it will get nerfed someday seeing as blizzard specifically said they wanted to target classic cards that keep seeing play basically every expack.
Never go full Northshire.
Wow Im surprised this thread has so many downvotes. 1 mana 1/3 has passive like 'Mana Wyrm' should be nerfed. How many 1 or 2 drop minion can kill Cleric or have 3 attack on turn 2 or 3?
02/20/2019 07:27 PMPosted by PCx
Wow Im surprised this thread has so many downvotes. 1 mana 1/3 has passive like 'Mana Wyrm' should be nerfed. How many 1 or 2 drop minion can kill Cleric or have 3 attack on turn 2 or 3?

Well thier reasoning behind the FWA nerf was it dealt with these kind of cards too easily... which is why it was nerfed.
Fast forward to now and they printed terrible 2 drops. Which is why Keleseth is so prominent. No downside to playing no 2 drops if there isn’t any 2 drops. Then not printing any 1/3 1 drops with effects because they’ve stated that it can snowball games and games are taken away from a player as early as turns 1-2. That’s the key. Not necessarily making a giant mana wyrm but simply taking the game away with a single 1 drop and decent opening around it.
Which is why they nerfed Mana Wyrm
Northshire easily falls under this category (only going by what Blizzard states)
Turn 1 Northshire can’t be killed on turn1/2 anymore because no FWA only a frost bolt or Flame Imp kills it. So just by playing a single 1 drop your telling your opponent to either skip their opening turn giving you tempo or give you a free card draw+tempo if they play into it.

That’s everything Blizzard said they didn’t want in the early game and they have already started fixing this problem by Nerfing FWA and Mana Wyrm

It’s honesly a no brainer
02/20/2019 05:09 PMPosted by Smilingbear

And im sure that not every single druid deck ran their cards that got nerfed, but here we are.

thats not what you posted on your OP
Not a huge fan of the card, actually.

You’re not comparing the pre nerf Druid classic set to the priest classic set are you? That’s like saying my beat up Honda is comparable to a Ferrari.
It isn't threatening to your minions or face, It is one of priest's very few card draw mechanics, it is one of the more interesting card draw mechanics, and it is relatively easy to play around. She has a fairly high use rete, but is she really bad for the game?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

“It has been in every priest deck since the game came out, without fail.“

Going back on your own statement in the second post in your topic? Great way to form an argument.
You're serious eh?
The players who want a nerf on this card ...
they have never play with the priest?
you just play only the face decks ? LOL
People really want to nerf/HoF almost every Classic/Basic card these days, don't they?
I'm just waiting for a...nerf turn 3 thread...turn 3 is to op...blah blah blah.
:)