Forum Poll - metas

Play Mode Discussion
What if I like midrange?
I like control, but hate OTK. So what do I pick?
02/15/2019 08:47 AMPosted by andrewlik
What if I like midrange?

The last "midrange" meta I can remember (not the best of memory tho, gotta admit it) was "midrange" shaman, they killed you on turn 5-6. The only reason it was called midrange is because aggro shaman killed you even faster

I prefer midrange myself, that doesnt mean I cant have an opinion on other a simple question like this
02/15/2019 08:55 AMPosted by Kuruption
I like control, but hate OTK. So what do I pick?

They go hand in hand
Then you play suboptimal "fun" decks like me most of the time and chuckle out loud every time you think of committing yourself to the ladder in any meaningful way.

Come on, April!!
02/15/2019 08:56 AMPosted by HighPants
02/15/2019 08:47 AMPosted by andrewlik
What if I like midrange?

The last "midrange" meta I can remember (not the best of memory tho, gotta admit it) was "midrange" shaman, they killed you on turn 5-6. The only reason it was called midrange is because aggro shaman killed you even faster

I prefer midrange myself, that doesnt mean I cant have an opinion on other a simple question like this

ONiK Midrange Shamanin no way should have been killing you that early. While I can't go back and look for average turn data I did pull up an old Vs report to look at the common builds again and only one of the six they highlighted could even reasonably product enough damage to kill you turn 5-6. Thunder Bluff Valiant was a major component of MR Shaman's strategy and it couldn't even begin to provide value until turn 6 at the earliest.