Bots in casual

Play Mode Discussion
Could someone explain to me the reason there are so many bots in casual? I don't understand the purpose since there is no ranking. I normally play ranked myself but play casual to test new decks and its been nothing but bots.
I heard at one point that Blizzard introduced some bots for when there are no match ups available. I'm not 100% sure on that, but some people have been mentioning playing bots with weird nonsensical names like V56k9t54 or something like that. I have heard these bots only use classic card decks.
02/18/2019 07:25 AMPosted by Malamear
I heard at one point that Blizzard introduced some bots for when there are no match ups available. I'm not 100% sure on that, but some people have been mentioning playing bots with weird nonsensical names like V56k9t54 or something like that. I have heard these bots only use classic card decks.

Yeah. Their names are random characters. They play all classic cards and play aggro style (mainly go face). I just feel like I'm playing the innkeeper (which if what you're saying is true) I guess technically I am. Not very fun when you know what cards to expect.
02/18/2019 05:03 AMPosted by Shasta
Could someone explain to me the reason there are so many bots in casual? I don't understand the purpose since there is no ranking. I normally play ranked myself but play casual to test new decks and its been nothing but bots.

Those are not bots, they are gold farmers.
02/18/2019 01:08 PMPosted by MarquisDeSad
02/18/2019 05:03 AMPosted by Shasta

i read about those people use the bots to farm for gold then they sell the accounts
02/18/2019 01:16 PMPosted by Boreas
02/18/2019 01:08 PMPosted by MarquisDeSad

i read about those people use the bots to farm for gold then they sell the accounts

I would think that these would be underpaid kids than actual bots since those accounts would be useless when the ban hammer flies.
02/18/2019 01:16 PMPosted by Boreas
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I doubt that these bots (at least the ones I've seen) are gold farmers, not with the decks they're using. The whole point of gold farming is to, you know, actually win. You're not winning much with a basic mage list.

I dont usually get on board with "tinfoil hat" theories, but given where I see these bots most (low mmr wild casual) this actually makes more sense to me. The ones I've seen (basic decks etc.) are played not like gold farming bots would be, but instead like bots designed to feed players wins in order to increase their mmr to a point where they can get "real" opponents, or to cover off peak times.

removes tinfoil hat
I doubt that these bots (at least the ones I've seen) are gold farmers, not with the decks they're using. The whole point of gold farming is to, you know, actually win. You're not winning much with a basic mage list.

You would be surprised. These decks can and do win against say Big Priest if they don't have an answer quickly to the sudden about of minions on board. And the reason that they have only basic stuff is that they are saving the gold and the packs and the dust for when they sell the account.

The bots I am facing or was facing in Casual Standard use basically only basic cards. I saw one bot using one classic card, Spellbreaker, by the way.
Gold Farming accounts make sense but I am guessing the bot needs to go on so long so that way the potential sale of the account is worth enough if it's already collected enough gold / free packs to make it appealing to someone who wanted to start.

IE : New player comes to hearthstone and then ends up on some third party website where the account is being sold with x amount of gold/free packs waiting to open.
02/18/2019 01:36 PMPosted by MarquisDeSad

You would be surprised. These decks can and do win against say Big Priest if they don't have an answer quickly to the sudden about of minions on board. And the reason that they have only basic stuff is that they are saving the gold and the packs and the dust for when they sell the account.

Dude, gold farming bots would be using budget zoo decks, not the starter decks that even my janky !@# quest decks can beat.
02/18/2019 01:36 PMPosted by MarquisDeSad

Dude, gold farming bots would be using budget zoo decks, not the starter decks that even my janky !@# quest decks can beat.

Budget zoo is too expensive for these guys! Basic stuff, all of their profit goes to the sale. They will not spend anything to up their win rate.

Budget zoo is too expensive for these guys! Basic stuff, all of their profit goes to the sale. They will not spend anything to up their win rate.

You are talking about a different group, human controlled gold farmers. I am not denying their existence, I am saying the ones with random names like f7ak8934kk4 are bots, anyone who has faced one know that they play like they are not human controlled, and the decks they are using are not to farm gold.
02/18/2019 01:47 PMPosted by Bowser

You are talking about a different group, human controlled gold farmers. I am not denying their existence, I am saying the ones with random names like f7ak8934kk4 are bots, anyone who has faced one know that they play like they are not human controlled, and the decks they are using are not to farm gold.

No, I am playing one as we speak, he made the logical trades, even conceded when he realized I was trolling him. Now if you are correct, that is a not a very good business plan knowing that those accounts will be banned. It seems to be the only logical answer.

No, I am playing one as we speak, he made the logical trades, even conceded when he realized I was trolling him. Now if you are correct, that is a not a very good business plan knowing that those accounts will be banned. It seems to be the only logical answer.

Its not the only logical answer, its the only answer you are fixated on.
I'v noticd these guys in ranked mod at 20. and nearly every time they are warriors with names like fg678jkl. easy to beat but not the most fun game. wish these clowns would piss off.
Played 6 today all in Wild Casual, all using basic cards :

P8TF2J8 Paladin
X0H8LR4 Paladin
PF2X6LN Warrior
L8868V2 Druid
X602FLX Shaman
X26B0B4 Paladin

Characterised by the 7 character random name, fast paced play and basic cards used to a degree of competency aimed at the face. Cards do move in the hand but not quite in the right way. They trade with roughly the same 'reasoning' as the Expert Inn Keeper level.

In the last game vs P8TF2J8, (Paladin) I forced through an entire deck keeping their hero health at 1 to see the reaction. They played throughout without hesitation, stopping only when the last cards were burnt by Azari the Devourer. As soon as there was no option left to play but a Pally'dude, I got the message 'Well Played' and they conceded.
The whole point is that the bots end up playing one another - one wins and gets gold. That's the scheme. Them getting matched up against human opponents is an unfortunate side effect.