Hunter has too few early game cards

Tavern Brawl Discussion
Sure, the shrine is very powerful but you won't even be able to use it if the opponent overwhelms you in the first 4 turns because you just don't have anything to play. The tempo is simply too slow compared to other classes.
Warrior is worse
Zul'jin is far, far too slow. I never even come close to challenging the opponent with Hunter in this round.

02/21/2019 05:25 AMPosted by LittleSmall
Warrior is worse

And I've won with Warrior.
While not as bad as Hunter, Paladin also has tons of expensive cards. First draw: 3 8-mana cards and Bittertide Hydra. OUCH! I mulligan the entire hand and it consists of Seal of Light, Equality, Truesilver Sword, and something more expensive. Ugh... Seal of Light being your only cheap card is a terrible situation to be in... I was lucky to quickly draw Crystallizer (still not until my 2nd turn, not my 1st unfortunately), but I was still fighting an already lost battle.
02/21/2019 08:01 AMPosted by Teron
Zul'jin is far, far too slow. I never even come close to challenging the opponent with Hunter in this round.

02/21/2019 05:25 AMPosted by LittleSmall
Warrior is worse

And I've won with Warrior.

I actually won with hunter once, against paladin. He doesn't have a strong board so if you can survive until late game you have a chance.
I only won as Hunter, versus another Hunter.
https://imgur.com/a/d5P4gla

I beat a Hunter on turn 2 with the Paladin.

Turn 1 I equip Bloodclaw they are down 5 health
Hunter players a 1/1 dr minion
I attack that minion they are down 10 health
Their turn, Hunter uses Hero power on me they are down 15 health. They concede :)
I've got a 60 gold Hunter Card daily quest and another 60 gold 3 wins tavern brawl quest, planned to get those two quest done asap and move on, ended up lost 7-8 matches straight with zero win, such a garbage deck.
I was playing hunter for the hunter cards quest. Hand is all 6-cost and above. Mulligan whole hand, get a new hand of all 5-cost and above.

Regarding warrior, they get a 1-cost 3/4 with Overkill. WTF is that all about?
02/22/2019 10:58 PMPosted by Telius
I've got a 60 gold Hunter Card daily quest and another 60 gold 3 wins tavern brawl quest, planned to get those two quest done asap and move on, ended up lost 7-8 matches straight with zero win, such a garbage deck.

Lost 6 in a row with hunter - 5 to warrior, one to warlock. No early game whatsoever, basically unless they have a crappy mulligan, you may as well concede by turn 3.