Genn and Baku nerf suggestions

Play Mode Discussion
Hello all here are my Genn/Baku nerf suggestions:
Genn - 2 mana 1/1 Battlecry : If your deck has only even-cost cards, your starting Hero Power costs(1).
Baku - 5 mana 3/4 Battlecry : If your deck has only odd-cost cards, upgrade your hero power.
Both Genn and Baku start in your opening hand(like quests).

The goal of these changes is to reduce snowball potential of upgraded/reduced hero power and reduce early tempo from these decks(paying 2 mana for 1/1, 5 mana for 3/4). Reasoning for putting Genn as 2 mana is that you will always lose your first turn since you can't play any 1-cost cards(Wisp and Flipper disagree). Baku doesn't have that restriction and therefore he'd be too strong imo as a 3 drop(play 1 drop turn 1, regular hero power turn 2, Baku turn 3) and the goal of reducing tempo wouldn't be present in odd decks.

Let me know what you think about these changes and how you would make them better.
02/21/2019 03:36 AMPosted by Pollox
Hello all here are my Genn/Baku nerf suggestions:
Genn - 2 mana 1/1 Battlecry : If your deck has only even-cost cards, your starting Hero Power costs(1).
Baku - 5 mana 3/4 Battlecry : If your deck has only odd-cost cards, upgrade your hero power.
Both Genn and Baku start in your opening hand(like quests).

The goal of these changes is to reduce snowball potential of upgraded/reduced hero power and reduce early tempo from these decks(paying 2 mana for 1/1, 5 mana for 3/4). Reasoning for putting Genn as 2 mana is that you will always lose your first turn since you can't play any 1-cost cards(Wisp and Flipper disagree). Baku doesn't have that restriction and therefore he'd be too strong imo as a 3 drop(play 1 drop turn 1, regular hero power turn 2, Baku turn 3) and the goal of reducing tempo wouldn't be present in odd decks.

Let me know what you think about these changes and how you would make them better.

Turn 3 2/2 is fine. They if they have a turn 1 and turn 2 on curve (i.e. 3 1 cost card) Baku is their only card left on 4th. Its punishing enough as it is. If not turn 2 is a bad turn anyway.

Another suggestion i had previously brought up (this included) is delayed start of turn like Genn start on turn 3, Baku start on turn 4 etc.
Someone suggested that they should put a 0-cost spell into your starting hand (like Quests) that you then play to get the effect on your hero power. In effect reducing your starting hand by one card (and making your deck technically 31 cards).
Both don't need nerfing.

Odd rogue is quite dead
Odd aggro mage is the most interactive aggro deck ever and doesn't need nerfing

Even Paly and Warlock are fine, and even as one of those is top tier, it not an annoying deck and the reason its top is not due to its "got cards yo" nature which Genn enhances, but the insane amount of effective AOE and self healing.

Odd pally is a problem, but got nerfed in other ways and Odd warrior is a real problem in terms of fun-killing playstyle, luckily no one CBA to play it and hunters screw em pretty hard.

All in all Backu AND Genn are not a problem, but a welcome addition to the meta.
My suggestion would be, this must remain in your hand at all times to have the upgraded hero power.

Meaning you have a draw back of possibly burning cards so you basically have one less choice. So you will run into situations where an important card can't be burned you might have to give up and play baku on 9 or 10 and decrease your hero power. Also the fact that it starts in your hand weakens your mulligan.

I don't know if that's even enough of a nerf but its a start.