Why many players left Hearthstone?

Play Mode Discussion
I think because HS is more and more Pay2Win...
02/23/2019 04:29 AMPosted by Front242

I think it has more to do with broken combos, OTK and the general "unfun-ness" over $$$
Time for a pauper mode! normal and rare cads only!
Game is money sucking trash you spend x thousand dust into deck and then they will nerf the cheapest cards from that deck causing the deck to be bad. Gratz your investment is ruined wanna craft another deck?
No thanks I already uninstalled.

02/23/2019 05:42 AMPosted by URjustSOL

I think it has more to do with broken combos, OTK and the general "unfun-ness" over $$$

I say it's both. Have any friends who play? I had 2. One quit early said the game is stupid, but they love Starcraft going on 4 years now. Second one did love it but over a year he began to see the light. Sick of seeing certain cards, starts to believe there is a pattern to the rng - sadly his hyper competitive nature he'll still play and buy the bundle pack deals.
people come and go all the time no matter the game

is completely normal

This guide can help you with OTK decks.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20770977452

Odd Paladin, Secret Paladin, Face Hunter and Zoo are all pretty cheap and high tier
Ppl left because the game isn't fun anymore.

I mean it sure is frustrating to deal 40 damage to your opponent (while he just heals), dominate the board for 12 turns then get OTK'd (gallery priest) but it's not even fun TO WIN anymore.

No board control, no health race, you either punch your opponent fast enough or get blown out/mecathuned.

The worst part is that you can't even counter the win conditions anymore so the game has become predicted and sometimes inevitable
Sure to, every deck when enemy win in ONE round with 0 minions on board and you have 100% health isn't fun...
Simple same that ultra epic cards "Destroy enemy if draw"... sad story
02/23/2019 06:29 AMPosted by Alotosius

That would be soooo fun omg!!! Actually laughed at the word pauper hahahah
Attract old audience from mostly Warcraft games, than change it towards a kids game.
02/23/2019 07:22 AMPosted by Caonima

This guide can help you with OTK decks.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20770977452

Not much valuable stated in that thread. And the argument in general that you should handicap your own deck by teching a 6 mana legend that almost requires you build your deck around it isn't a valid argument to say there's ways to beat OTK.

You will not see any T1, I don't even think any T2 decks that include tech against Mecha'Thun. Why? Cause that's 1-2+ cards they lose that help them get their win condition and/or survive in general against a wide variety of decks. It's honestly just a invalid suggestion/argument to say "These cards might help, when you play that 1 specific deck, IF you pull the card when needed, maybe (Still might lose).

It seems like in general the game leans in favor of super aggressive aggro/token, or decks that mill to OTK, period. I've been running deathrattle hunter cause I have the cards and rarely make mistakes with it, I'm just shy of rank 6 in 2 days from rank 16+. I can fill the board with 5/5's, potential to OTK by spawning 2-4+ 7/7 or 8/8 charge, none of it matters if your opponent is able to control/stall and OTK a the turn before you have lethal. There's nothing you can do (Other than adding cards that hurt your deck to tech against it). Deathrattle hunter could get away with running it, but it also delays its win condition of turn 9 8/8 charge which is already a fairly weak condition.

Tired of playing the same matches and feeling like I should hold half my cards I want to play cause I know the board is gonna get cleared every round, having full board mean absolutely nothing and watching my opponent spam 1/1's or mill themselves then auto-win. I was 15-6 now 15-7 with this deck between rank 10 and 7 so its not like I play bad, I win a lot of matches that are based purely on smart strategy that I really shouldn't be winning but I have a fair idea of what is coming and I play my cards right, but you can't help if you draw no early game, and you can't help if even though you manage a full board of 5/5 ish minions they mean nothing and get wiped, shuffled back in, and/or OTK comes just in time.
Also arguments that Mecha'Thun isn't a good deck because it isn't listed as a T1 isn't valid. How many players run decks they c/p off the internet and don't know how to run them. How many misplays, how many choose the wrong mulligan, how many lose matches they could've won. And how much is stats based on volume > quality. I know climbing ranked is highly dependent on volume, luck of the draw, match ups, etc. In other words I'm not some amazing player cause I'm running @ 68% after my last loss, I'm just lucky to pull of win streaks because of favorable match ups where I'm able to survive long enough to pull of my combos and fortunate enough to draw the cards needed to do so, fortunate my opponent didn't draw theirs and/or draw removal or ways to prevent lethal. I won 8 straight then lost to a face hunter trash deck on turn 6 because I didn't draw an answer for hyena. All 8 matches I won were long and could've gone either way then I lose to trash Hunter. All my losses are too trash hunter, odd PLD, mecha'thun and one to infinite fireball mage. OTK losses all came the turn before lethal barely, tokens just got their good draw vs my no answer auto wins. That's why people complain because when it comes down to craftiness who cares who wins, but when it comes down to having 0 control predetermined / coin differential losses it tilts you.

No, it is because the game is turning stupid idiot. You face bots in Casual Modes and you face stupid AIs in this last Adventure Mode with wrong text in the Priest's Shrine.
02/24/2019 03:28 AMPosted by Phenomenal
Not much valuable stated in that thread. And the argument in general that you should handicap your own deck by teching a 6 mana legend that almost requires you build your deck around it isn't a valid argument to say there's ways to beat OTK.

You will not see any T1, I don't even think any T2 decks that include tech against Mecha'Thun. Why? Cause that's 1-2+ cards they lose that help them get their win condition and/or survive in general against a wide variety of decks. It's honestly just a invalid suggestion/argument to say "These cards might help, when you play that 1 specific deck, IF you pull the card when needed, maybe (Still might lose).

It seems like in general the game leans in favor of super aggressive aggro/token, or decks that mill to OTK, period. I've been running deathrattle hunter cause I have the cards and rarely make mistakes with it, I'm just shy of rank 6 in 2 days from rank 16+. I can fill the board with 5/5's, potential to OTK by spawning 2-4+ 7/7 or 8/8 charge, none of it matters if your opponent is able to control/stall and OTK a the turn before you have lethal. There's nothing you can do (Other than adding cards that hurt your deck to tech against it). Deathrattle hunter could get away with running it, but it also delays its win condition of turn 9 8/8 charge which is already a fairly weak condition.

Tired of playing the same matches and feeling like I should hold half my cards I want to play cause I know the board is gonna get cleared every round, having full board mean absolutely nothing and watching my opponent spam 1/1's or mill themselves then auto-win. I was 15-6 now 15-7 with this deck between rank 10 and 7 so its not like I play bad, I win a lot of matches that are based purely on smart strategy that I really shouldn't be winning but I have a fair idea of what is coming and I play my cards right, but you can't help if you draw no early game, and you can't help if even though you manage a full board of 5/5 ish minions they mean nothing and get wiped, shuffled back in, and/or OTK comes just in time.

I hear ya bro, I'm having to run two decks to progress through ladder, my usual Evenlock deck and a anti-meta/combo deck that's missing that one 6 mana legendary atm, nearly got enough dust for it. So many combo/OTK decks, don't really have much choice, there's so few hard counters available atm.

Rotation come April can't come soon enough, I really hope they finally address OTK combo's and minion cheating. Then I could go back to playing my own decks whilst still winning/progressing through ladder etc. I've gotten to r6 three times this month whilst grinding wins for gold to do an arena run, then BAM run into every type of OTK deck out there using my Evenlock deck and I almost always get destroyed, so then I enter a losing skid and drop to r8, I was one win away from r5 yesterday dammit haha. Oh well, !@#$ happens, wish I had all the pieces for my anti-meta deck but with rotation coming so soon, it might not be worth it tbh. Game is getting really boring, I'm taking LONG breaks from the game due to the "un-fun-ness" that has become HS.

The only reason I still play tbh is Arena, wish they'd reduce Arena to 100g and packs to 80g while keeping the current daily quest structure, but that's asking too much from Blizzard :P.

Cheers o/
02/23/2019 06:29 AMPosted by Alotosius

They tried a Tavern Brawl like that.

People complained it had grown stale within the first day. Having only Basic, Common and Rare cards limits the deck building dramatically.

Also, if you're tired of facing Hunters you probably do not want to play this mode. Most of the power of Hunters is found within this section of cards, and while they may not have access to Master's Call or Deathstalker Rexxar the cards they do have can make a very solid Aggro or Mid-range deck. The decks that consistently beat these styles of Hunter decks? They usually rely on having some of those Epics and Legendaries for their overall gameplan.

I'm sure that is why Magic Arena is struggling mightily as well.....

Wait....

>.>

02/24/2019 06:27 AMPosted by WingedKagout
They tried a Tavern Brawl like that.

People complained it had grown stale within the first day. Having only Basic, Common and Rare cards limits the deck building dramatically.

In addition it makes Control/Value decks extremely difficult to overcome aggro (at least in that Brawl). We also did a Discord Challengestone as Pauper and I had issues trying to find Control decks as A LOT of the best Control tools are Epic.
02/24/2019 01:42 AMPosted by Athise
Attract old audience from mostly Warcraft games, than change it towards a kids game.

Kids game ? Wasn't it always a kids game in the first place by your logic ?
02/23/2019 07:26 AMPosted by TheGreatGoku
Ppl left because the game isn't fun anymore.
and because other games provide much more fun !