Why many players left Hearthstone?

Play Mode Discussion
Will people ever learn?

Pay2win doesn't exist in Hearthstone. You can win just fine with cheap decks.

You DO need to pay if you want to play a huge variety of optimized meta decks, which is true for every CCG.
If you play enough u can get enough gold to create at least 1 deck. Also, one of the benefits of std mode for new players is you don't need to be from the beta like me and have cards from every expansion.

What I like about wild, is I can still use cards I have had from the start like Reno. Also, for me wild is more fun since you see more variety of decks not just the same that u see in std.
HS isn't more p2w than it was before so how could that be the reason?

My guess? Last two expansions didn't really bring anything to the table, the game is stale so everyone is bored. Hopefully, April's rotation fixes things.
Let's see...

- Cash-grab increased rate of full expansions and the removal of adventures.
- Whales dominating and all the fun decks require multiple legendaries across multiple past expansions.
- Double legendaries per class costing more dust/money to create.
- Stagnant card design (most popular decks in the current meta barely use any of the new cards).
- And, YOU ALL, the consumers who have put up with this trash for so long.

Uninstalled months ago. This game will be dead within a couple of years.
02/24/2019 02:00 PMPosted by Metro
- Whales dominating and all the fun decks require multiple legendaries across multiple past expansions.

Define fun decks....
meme or weird decks have tended to require more expensive cards so the wouldn't be very different than normal. Fun and competitive is subjective and there are certainly inexpensive competitive decks right now. I'm not a fan of them personally but that is just my opinion.

- Double legendaries per class costing more dust/money to create.

This has been good and bad. Classes have more flavor each expansion but a lot of the legendary cards haven't been competitively great

This game will be dead within a couple of years.

That'd be almost a 7 year run.... not entirely shabby.
02/24/2019 06:22 AMPosted by ReaprOfSouls

I hear ya bro, I'm having to run two decks to progress through ladder, my usual Evenlock deck and a anti-meta/combo deck that's missing that one 6 mana legendary atm, nearly got enough dust for it. So many combo/OTK decks, don't really have much choice, there's so few hard counters available atm.

Rotation come April can't come soon enough, I really hope they finally address OTK combo's and minion cheating. Then I could go back to playing my own decks whilst still winning/progressing through ladder etc. I've gotten to r6 three times this month whilst grinding wins for gold to do an arena run, then BAM run into every type of OTK deck out there using my Evenlock deck and I almost always get destroyed, so then I enter a losing skid and drop to r8, I was one win away from r5 yesterday dammit haha. Oh well, !@#$ happens, wish I had all the pieces for my anti-meta deck but with rotation coming so soon, it might not be worth it tbh. Game is getting really boring, I'm taking LONG breaks from the game due to the "un-fun-ness" that has become HS.

The only reason I still play tbh is Arena, wish they'd reduce Arena to 100g and packs to 80g while keeping the current daily quest structure, but that's asking too much from Blizzard :P.

Cheers o/

I'm tempted to get it, I built a homebrew Lady in White deck that is a mix between big priest and res priest, with +3/+3 all minions in your deck and reset mana to 5 on turn 8-9 + Lady in White you're looking at 4 mana 10/10's and 8 mana 17/17 divine shields.
Attract old audience from mostly Warcraft games, than change it towards a kids game.

This. Soooo much this. Older audience puts money in the game, Blizz designs game for free to play/budget decks/kids.

Well I'm gonna keep my money now Blizz see who that works for your business model.