Hard armor cap = 16

Play Mode Discussion
This would solve many issues, including druid and warriors gaining 100+ armor a game, granted ice cream vendor is gone but 16 is a good number.
Thekal already breaks that.
Yes, cap for priest's heal and mage's damage would be nice too.
how about 999?
Why 16, of all numbers? 30 would seem more intuitive if anything.
02/23/2019 02:32 PMPosted by Rozenkranc
Why 16, of all numbers? 30 would seem more intuitive if anything.
I would imagine that the OP calculated that if the cap was 16 he could win way more easily. That's what this whole topic comes down to; the OP lost due to his opponent's armor gain and thus must be nerfed because anything that beats him is "overpowered".

Isn't that right, OP? ;)
While I support the idea of what armor has become, the problem is priests and warlocks (to an extent) use healing much similarly: which makes a cap unfair for druid and warlock (while there is no healing cap).

The best way to deal with the turtles would be a neutral card.
Card could take out half of the armor or destroy any excess armor beyond X armor (an alexstraza like effect).
Since armor is only secondary to health, I would argue such a card should probably be an epic/rare card and cost 5-6 mana.
Guess your mongo odd pally got out armored again, huh, big dog? can’t see any other reason for this post to exist. Perhaps hire someone with whom you whisper things to before saying them out loud. Might save you some dignity.
02/23/2019 02:25 PMPosted by Wardrum

Let's just make Thekal half kill you if used at full health! Lol

(This is not a serious suggestion)
02/23/2019 04:23 PMPosted by Smeet
02/23/2019 02:25 PMPosted by Wardrum

Let's just make Thekal half kill you if used at full health! Lol

(This is not a serious suggestion)
What, you tink you can take ME?
Keep armor unlimited. Instead, there should be cards that gain power vs armor (just a simple example: a 1 mana Spell that deals 2 damage to a minion only, but if the opponent has armor it deals an additional 2 damage to the opponent).
02/23/2019 05:06 PMPosted by Zerfinity
Keep armor unlimited. Instead, there should be cards that gain power vs armor (just a simple example: a 1 mana Spell that deals 2 damage to a minion only, but if the opponent has armor it deals an additional 2 damage to the opponent).

Or cards that deal damage as though unarmored, or hit health and armor, or deal twice damage to armor, etc...

Lots of options.
02/23/2019 05:34 PMPosted by Smeet
02/23/2019 05:06 PMPosted by Zerfinity

Or cards that deal damage as though unarmored, or hit health and armor, or deal twice damage to armor, etc...

Lots of options.

I prefer deals double damage to armor, call it piercing or something, tbh. Hate cards like remove half/all/set armor to X would probably be too conditional to see play as they would pay a heavy stat/cost penalty for the effect, while a 4M 3/5 for example with "piercing" would be "good enough" in the right meta.

E: or better yet, more ways to use armor as a resource, like Reckless Flurry.
Wimp! You can only do a 46 damage OTK. Git gud!

Back in Witchwood I had a 100+ damage turn to kill a highly armored token Druid.
I started a new thread, but I should have just posted it here... my idea was "Corrosive: 2X damage to armor." There could be several of varying strengths, like the Oozes, and minions with Corrosive could have high-ish health so they have a chance to survive a turn to actually hit the enemy hero.
02/23/2019 02:27 PMPosted by SSD
Yes, cap for priest's heal and mage's damage would be nice too.

They are capped? Priest can't heal over 30.