mc tech

Arena Discussion
can someone explain to me why mc tech is banned in arena while there are prob 15-20 other cards that are way stronger?
Because there is no play around Mc tech. The only play around mc tech is to not play 4 minion which is in contradiction with what arena is. It's too much punish in arena for wanting to push. In standard, I don't mind. Sure there is stronger cards in the game, but you have stronger cards in your hands/deck too. Loosing your Tirion or whatever minion you have to a rng 3 mana 3/3 is so bullsh*t in arena. If you ask me, I do not miss it 1 second! ...I guess It's also that it takes control of the minion and not only destroy it.
doesnt make much sense
i mean its arena you play around almost everything anyways but tell me how you play around something like LK?
02/25/2019 12:02 PMPosted by Mischko
can someone explain to me why mc tech is banned in arena while there are prob 15-20 other cards that are way stronger?
My guess: Because there were too many complaints here and in other places from players for Blizzard to ignore.
Lots of players try to play Arena by spamming their entire hand on the board, or at least as much as mana allows. They appear not to understand that sometimes it is better to end the turn with 5 or even all 10 mana crystals unspent and some threats held back in hand. They fail to understand how to play around AoE threats, which incidentally also mostly plays around MCT.

(Therse same players now of course are getting punished by other AoE cards and whining about that, so we'll have to wait and see what Blizzard does next)
02/25/2019 01:21 PMPosted by Mischko
tell me how you play around something like LK?
You mean Lich King?
In Arena the chances of legendaries are low enough that I do not bother to try to play around them. If someone is lucky enough to get a legendary, AND lucky enough to get one as excellent as Lich King, then I'll just see what I can do when it happens. Perhaps I have a silence, Perhaps I have removal. Otherwise I lose.
<shrug>
Some decks are simply too strong to beat.
02/25/2019 01:32 PMPosted by BigHugger
02/25/2019 01:21 PMPosted by Mischko
tell me how you play around something like LK?
You mean Lich King?
In Arena the chances of legendaries are low enough that I do not bother to try to play around them. If someone is lucky enough to get a legendary, AND lucky enough to get one as excellent as Lich King, then I'll just see what I can do when it happens. Perhaps I have a silence, Perhaps I have removal. Otherwise I lose.
<shrug>
Some decks are simply too strong to beat.

yea i mean lich king.

well it really isnt as low as it should be im pretty sure i see a legendary almost every second game.

LK is just the one i see the most which shouldnt be like this the card itself is super strong and you can get it from stonehill defender way to often

well still i think they need to make some changes there are way to many cards that carry the game pretty much solo.

thats why im so confused that mc tech is banned and others not.
02/25/2019 02:22 PMPosted by Mischko
thats why im so confused that mc tech is banned and others not.
That part I can fully agree on. Didn't like the decision when Blizzard made it, still don't like it.