Shudderwock in wild

Play Mode Discussion
Shudderwock in wild is out of control the animations can go for at least ten minute turns. Lol wtf blizzard?
sure it was a cool card concept but in practice ,oh boy is it an abomination
Another design-space limiting card.
As you said. A very cool concept.
But foresight is something the devs seem to lack.
It's a terrible idea... Card is so open to abuse. The worst part is how cringy the battle cry gets.
havent seen a shudderwock deck in wild since the nerfs....is it a new deck?
02/26/2019 06:34 AMPosted by Boreas

I've seen a couple. I personally run Shudderwock in a Jade deck that does not require a ten minute loop to end my turn, but other people will use Doppelgangster to duplicate it.

As far as I know there is no competitve deck list right now, that would include it, and the most viable variation features jades, so I am not sure what kind of 10 minute long animation the OP is talking about.
02/26/2019 05:01 AMPosted by SlimShady
sure it was a cool card concept but in practice ,oh boy is it an abomination

It was such a cool concept that Ben Brode even tried to have it stopped due to it's sheer awesomeness.

you either love or hate the guy, but atleast he was right in that it should have been changed before they shipped the expansion.

While it's not a terror in Standard anymore, I feel for my wild brothers and sisters.
02/26/2019 06:39 AMPosted by ThinIce

I've seen a couple. I personally run Shudderwock in a Jade deck that does not require a ten minute loop to end my turn, but other people will use Doppelgangster to duplicate it.

Shudderwock is rare in Wild but is making a slight comeback with an OTK variant that just eclipsed the data needed to appear on HSR.

I am messing around with it a rank 4 and it does okay against the field but I doubt it'll become prevalent based on the spread by class:
Druid: 47% WR
Hunter: 52% WR
Mage: 54% WR
Paladin 55% WR
Priest 57% WR
Rogue: 59% WR
Shaman: 41% WR
Warlock 51% WR
Warrior 68% WR

It is a very, very alright deck across the board but if history is any indication a deck with an "alright" spread across the board has tended to not be picked up as fast as a deck with a similar WR but has a more divergent (polarized) WR off of it's average.

02/26/2019 06:53 AMPosted by OniEyes
While it's not a terror in Standard anymore, I feel for my wild brothers and sisters.

That 2 in 100 games >.>

Just like in Standard, Shudderwock is usually a solid tempo play, but Shudder decks that try to go for "infinite" or combo shenanigans will more often that not fold to any deck trying to end the game in an expedient manner.

Sure, when a combo Shudder does go off the game can drag on, but a Shudder deck rarely manages it against competetive decks. Because most competetive decks are designed to actually kill their opponent rather than faff about doing nothing for 15+ turns.