What Makes You Smile?

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
What makes me smile? Witches' Cauldron dropping me a sweet sweet golden Storm Bringer to play on a full board. DA BLINGGGG
Or dubbing Hearthstone voicelines with my friends. Especially Houndmaster Shaw.
Last but not least, burning combo pieces and

02/07/2019 08:00 PMPosted by SirSmorcalot
Geisting Druids
02/07/2019 08:55 PMPosted by Hegemonkey
02/07/2019 07:52 PMPosted by Lykotic
When Corrupted Bloods kill my opponent....

Usually I've had to grind away some serious decisions to get my Hakkar Priest wins right now, lol

Nice! I've been running a warrior version with dead man's and explore ungoro :P

Awesome, haha!
Some time ago I played against a murloc paladin and he was clearly winning. I was playing either basic cards or something similar (was my casual account), and the guy stopped attacking, when he had lethal. So I got a win, he sent me a friend request, which I accepted. Turned out he was Spanish, and I don't speak the language. But I got, he was doing a murloc quest, and still had a lot to play. So we played maybe ten fun games, and he ist still on my friend list.

It may not be something special, but the way I found a friend ingame makes me smile every time I think about it.
02/08/2019 01:01 AMPosted by Lokisdottir
Some time ago I played against a murloc paladin and he was clearly winning. I was playing either basic cards or something similar (was my casual account), and the guy stopped attacking, when he had lethal. So I got a win, he sent me a friend request, which I accepted. Turned out he was Spanish, and I don't speak the language. But I got, he was doing a murloc quest, and still had a lot to play. So we played maybe ten fun games, and he ist still on my friend list.

It may not be something special, but the way I found a friend ingame makes me smile every time I think about it.

That is such a sweet story. :)
Definitely the voices of the characters. It gives the game so much more charm to hear your minions speak, and hear their over-the-top death cries on defeat.
I opened a golden wisp the other day :)
That moment when I reach a rank floor with my off-meta homebrew deck.
Uinstalled blizzard client...
Beating a deck that should have won, with my clever deck.

And boobs.
Electra + devolve <3
Winning a mirror matchup
Currently I am smiling because of shuffle/thief rogue with academic espionage and spectral cutlass. The deck is slow and does not have a spectacular win rate, but it is making for some very hilariously fun games.
02/08/2019 12:52 PMPosted by zagert
Currently I am smiling because of shuffle/thief rogue with academic espionage and spectral cutlass. The deck is slow and does not have a spectacular win rate, but it is making for some very hilariously fun games.

That deck does look fun! (eyeballs meager dust pile...)
The only time I smile nowadays in relation to Hearthstone is when I realize i haven't logged in for like 3 days and haven't even thought about it.

Then I inevitably do, have a crappy experience, leave angry and repeat the process
When nerf day hits, and you realize you have a golden copy of it.
Getting all pieces of OTK decks on 10 mana
02/07/2019 09:43 PMPosted by Gwyneth

Thank you. Hunter is my class. Do you have any ideas for your next golden portrait?

Ooh, what Hunter archetype do you like?

Hunter is my runner-up class. :-) Besides my Quest Murloc deck, my favorite deck is a modified Secret Hunter with Dire Frenzy in it. Since the Spellstone Nerf came through, I've been experimenting with an Even Spell Hunter. (I call that deck Rexxar Gets Even.)

The trouble is that I don't really like the look of Golden Rexxar, so I'm dawdling on playing him much in Ranked.

I think next I'll be trying to get my Golden Paladin (with a Shirvallah deck), so I can have golden Silver Hand Guys in addition to golden Totems. ;-)
There is something that is just way too addictive about the hero power, particularly non-targeted, non-random hero powers like steady shot, silver hand recruit and life tap.
I have two daily goals: 1) the daily quest whatever it may be and 2) winning 5 ranked games as I'm grinding warrior to golden (55 games to go - yeah).

So winning the 5th game makes does make me smile especially if luck favors me and I do so relatively quickly.

I also still get a chuckle out of the minions and what they say even if I've heard them hundreds of times.
Seeing aggro lose. I'm a bit of a Timmy, so I really like seeing cool things like a giant woman Lynessa. More than anything though, I just love to see aggro lose. The worse the defeat the better really, especially if their resources dwindle away while their hope for victory slowly fades.