What Makes You Smile?

Play Mode Discussion
02/08/2019 08:27 PMPosted by Marigold
02/07/2019 09:43 PMPosted by Gwyneth

Thank you. Hunter is my class. Do you have any ideas for your next golden portrait?

Ooh, what Hunter archetype do you like?

Hunter is my runner-up class. :-) Besides my Quest Murloc deck, my favorite deck is a modified Secret Hunter with Dire Frenzy in it. Since the Spellstone Nerf came through, I've been experimenting with an Even Spell Hunter. (I call that deck Rexxar Gets Even.)

The trouble is that I don't really like the look of Golden Rexxar, so I'm dawdling on playing him much in Ranked.

I think next I'll be trying to get my Golden Paladin (with a Shirvallah deck), so I can have golden Silver Hand Guys in addition to golden Totems. ;-)

Midrange and Spellhunter. I dismantled my DR Hunter because my Play Deads are always destroyed and am considering DE Undatakah.

02/08/2019 09:27 PMPosted by SquidLips
Seeing aggro lose. I'm a bit of a Timmy, so I really like seeing cool things like a giant woman Lynessa. More than anything though, I just love to see aggro lose. The worse the defeat the better really, especially if their resources dwindle away while their hope for victory slowly fades.

Midrange/Aggro are my favorite archetypes, haha! If you'd like to duel a Spike sometime or test a deck, you can add me!

Gwyneth#11119 NA
I used to smile in the classic days. HS has been downhill when they started introducing expansions with stupid card designs - better nerf classic cards cus apparently these need to be part of standard and Blizzard can definitely balance the game around that.

Ben Brode's departure killed the game for me completely.
That moment when you realise I'm sitting on rank 10 or rank 5 and so can sack off the next three hunters without losing rank or boring myself into a stupor
what makes me smile is watching others play HS on twitch. It's more fun that playing it. It's like watching a clown asking to get kicked in the balls and pissed all over. So satisfying.
"Everyone, get in here!"

To this day I still smile.
winning with a Moorabi shaman deck vs. a Benedictus priest by fatigue made me smile...winning yesterday with a DR Quest priest vs. a Dragon Warrior deck did too...not much else though
Going face. Thinking of a creative way to clear the board. Outplaying people with Secrets. Polluting Priest’s ress pool. Boobs. Playing Geist against Druids and Warriors. Ragnaros hitting the right target (face Kappa). Going face. Victories with Control deck where we both go into fatigue.
Dropping King Krush for lethal.

@Gwyneth do you have an EU account?
02/09/2019 04:30 AMPosted by Gwyneth
Midrange/Aggro are my favorite archetypes, haha! If you'd like to duel a Spike sometime or test a deck, you can add me!

Thanks for the offer, but I hate facing aggro lol. That's why I like seeing them lose so much.
02/09/2019 11:33 AMPosted by SquidLips
02/09/2019 04:30 AMPosted by Gwyneth

Thanks for the offer, but I hate facing aggro lol. That's why I like seeing them lose so much.

Any time and if you ever change your mind, let me know.

02/09/2019 11:27 AMPosted by EBSnike

I do but I haven't touched it in an eternity, lol
Besides boobs? Hold please...
Anytime I beat a Rogue, it puts a huge smile on my face! :-D
02/09/2019 11:42 AMPosted by Gwyneth
02/09/2019 11:33 AMPosted by SquidLips

02/09/2019 11:27 AMPosted by EBSnike

Discord, then?
I love it when I'm playing against a salty individual in ranked and he assumes I'll eventually concede if he ropes the entire game. Than I decide to prolong my turn just before the rope appears and salty sam realizes that his rope trick has no effect and he's wasting his time. Then he proceeds to emote spam but soon realizes I have him muted so he proceeds to click on my portrait in hopes that I'll talk smack. Very next turn you can tell the guy is so deep in his own head that he starts making foolish mistakes costing him the game then he has to concede. I love seeing trolls beat themselves.
02/09/2019 01:54 PMPosted by EBSnike
<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Discord, then?

I am on the forum discord server: LadyPhoeniX(Li-Li)#3524
Well, that’s easy, I-

02/07/2019 07:17 PMPosted by Gwyneth
Besides boobs,

Oh, well then, let me think.

I think it has to be that little moment when a card pick or deck justifies itself, and hands over the win.

Most recently, I was playing Dragon Priest against Exodia Mage. Both times I was able to play Drakonid Operative, and from it, drew Ice Block as one of the three picks, resulting in two unexpected and hilarious wins against an otherwise impossible scenario.

During the reign of Death Star Druid, when we started realizing that Star Aligner OTK wasn’t a meme but in fact a god-tier headache, I built a Tempo Mage with Subject 9 instead of Aluneth, leaning down the Secret route (no fireballs!). The sheer satisfaction of not only Explosive Runes snatching up Aviana but also Counterspelling numerous Shadow Essences and Duplicated/Effigy’d Cabal Crystal Runners made all the trial and error feel justified.

My Murloc Paladin beating a Big Priest just feels hollow, like the win came because I drew right and the opponent didn’t have a Spirit Lash; at that point it’s just getting the quest done. On the other hand, when I put Misdirect or Dart Trap in my Secret Hunter, even though Secret Hunter is an established deck type, whenever that choice goes my way and something stupid happens like an off-turn lethal or a combo gets broken, I just think “See? See? My choice works! I put that in!”

It’s not that I don’t play meta decks, in fact, I am quite a fan of Evens Shaman in Wild (or was, haven’t played it in a week or so). It’s just when those surprises work, whether it’s the whole deck or one “good luck” card, I get a little giddy.
droping a faceless to copy a mana cost on spell decrease minion with unstable evo in hand

or a healing rain on a damaged board when opponent has cleric out
Two HS things I can think of that make me smile, Gwyneth. One is when I somehow manage to win and still have the coin in my hand and the other is when I build a deck and it wildly surpasses my expectations or does something extra to what I imagined.

My current Priest and wild Rogue decks are working excellently and this is mainly down to there be little possibility of predicting what will happen next as they both have something of an overlap.
Some of the post(er)s on this forum make me smile.
In arena when I win a close game that I felt I did play perfectly. Like playing around all sorts of things that the opponent does turn out to have in his hand later on and then revieuwing my game and seeing that I would probably have lost if I played different anywhere. Playing well (in any game) always makes me feel good or smile.
In arena also silly rng at times,specially when it does not effect the outcome. Like bomber killing your single 2/3 minion when opponent has 3x 1 hp on board or something like that lol. A bit of rng is fun in arena.
Besides boobs, what makes you smile in Hearthstone? It can be a replay, a hilarious RNG moment, a goal you accomplished...what makes you genuinely smile in Hearthstone?

For me, it is not letting the tilt control me and seeing how much I've progressed as a player. It is winning when I think I've lost and accepting my losses instead of tilting about them.

Also, I am 90 wins away from my first golden portrait!

A HAPPY Gwyneth.
When a friend is happy, I am happy too. Wink. :D