Player with the coin has an advantage

Play Mode Discussion
Mage quest the coin counts as a spell that did not start in your deck.That is huge I have lost games because my mage opponent had the coin.

Mana wyrm:Not as big a deal but still very nice

mana addict:Gets +2 attack when you play the coin very nice

rogue:The coin activates combo's.

WHen playing mage yourselve you cant cast counter spell until he played the coin who wants to counter the coin.He can just coin out a huge spell he does not need to sacrifice a low cost spell just in case your secret is counter spell.

Can you think of more advantages the coin gives you?
Coin gives you one mana. Very nice effect. You should try before it gets bugfixed.
The coin gives you flexibility on it's own. I always prefer to play on the coin. Going first low-key sucks. At least in most of the decks I play.
Is that why the overall winrate is better when going first?
Going second has had a negative winrate for most decks across most of Hearthstone history.

However, complaining that the disadvantaged player needs to be further nerfed happens to be in perfect flavor with hearthstone forums so I upvoted OP.
So you dont think that its a bit unfair with the mage quest especailly?
02/14/2019 10:03 AMPosted by HappyFeet

As unfair as having one more mana than your opponent for the first 10 turns?
02/14/2019 09:32 AMPosted by HighPants

The devs have revealed several times that the player who goes second needs both an extra card and the coin to have something like a 49% chance of winning (with every other factor being equal).

Some decks do benefit more than the average deck from going second, but that is usually due to their overall gameplan. And even these decks will want to go first in some matchups.
02/14/2019 09:32 AMPosted by HighPants

statistics mean nothing here fool!
The numbers don’t lie on this one: going first is an overall advantage.

The numbers do change when you factor in specific decks though. While all classes do better going first, Rogue has traditionally had a higher winrate going second than other classes, except for Odd Rogue which prefers to go first because of their heavy emphasis on 1 and 3 drops. Quest Mage could also be considered a semi-exception, but I honestly don’t know the numbers for this one.

Other than that, going first has always had a small edge. You get the first minion, and a mana lead. It really shows itself in matches of aggro versus aggro the most.
02/14/2019 10:53 AMPosted by Teo
The numbers don’t lie on this one: going first is an overall advantage.

The numbers do change when you factor in specific decks though. While all classes do better going first, Rogue has traditionally had a higher winrate going second than other classes, except for Odd Rogue which prefers to go first because of their heavy emphasis on 1 and 3 drops. Quest Mage could also be considered a semi-exception, but I honestly don’t know the numbers for this one.

Other than that, going first has always had a small edge. You get the first minion, and a mana lead. It really shows itself in matches of aggro versus aggro the most.

Ok makes sense
02/14/2019 10:03 AMPosted by HappyFeet
Considering how Quest Mage is one of the worst decks in the game... Who cares?
You go first you dictate trades. That trumps the power of coin in most cases.
Try telling that to an Odd Paladin in a mirror match...