Druid practically cheating?

Play Mode Discussion
Played against a druid, where all he did was give himself nearly 50 armor. He then played his cards 60% faster than me, and one shot me with a card that he destroyed!? I had full health. He didnt even touch me....Whats the name of this deck and does midrange hunter lose to this 100% of the time?
You were likely playing against Miracle/Meca'Thun Druid. The deck (along with the rest of the class) is a meme at best. Once you've lost to it once, you've seen most of its tricks. If you see another Druid, just assume that they're playing this deck and play as aggressively as possible. You should be able to master it after a few games.
I can see how Mecha’thun Druid would be confusing to someone who wasn’t familiar with the archetype.

That said, midrange hunter is quite favored against this deck, just lay down the pressure and mulligan for Masters Call and you should be able to SMork them down pretty quickly.
This is my favourite Match up with my Quest Priest, wait until they're down to about 6 cards then Mojomaster them, it's always fun.

Which is more that can be said for the flippin hunters at the minute
Is that what they are calling OTK decks these days.... meme decks? Amazing. I guess technically all net decks are meme decks.

memeDictionary result for meme
/mēm/Submit
noun
an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.

After all, I am certain some players probably find it humorous to beat other players with a net deck.
02/18/2019 03:17 PMPosted by SverdSanity
Is that what they are calling OTK decks these days.... meme decks? Amazing. I guess technically all net decks are meme decks.

/mēm/Submit
noun
an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.

After all, I am certain some players probably find it humorous to beat other players with a net deck.

The funny thing is that if you go literally to the next bullet after that definition, you get this:

"a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users."

Which is literally what a netdeck is. Memes are a dynamic cultural construct that can't really be fully confined to a few lines of text. Nitpicking over the dictionary definitions of such concepts will get you nowhere.

On to the subject matter, Mecha'Thun Druid is very much what I'd consider a "meme" in the context of Hearthstone. A deck's archetype (in this case OTK as you said) is completely unrelated to whether or not it's something to be taken seriously. Miracle Druid (of which a subset is Mecha'Thun Druid) is Tier 4 at best (doesn't even show up on the radar on some sites) and has abysmal playrates. It isn't even the best or most popular Druid deck, which goes to show how utterly bad it is in the current meta. Unless your definition of "meme" is synonymous with "homebrew", I'm not sure how you'd consider Mecha'Thun Druid anything but exactly that.
There are two Miracle Druid varieties. Mecha’Thun and Toggwagle.

Mecha’Thun is better against faster decks since it has more removals and can beat them with a nut draw. Toggwagle can go all in on the swap early against large hand control decks and is therefore better against those.
InfinityMin1 everything you say is mostly right when it comes to ladder Although i can make a very good case for the Warlock version as a tier 2 on ladder. However in tournament play Mecha'Thun decks are top tier by the very nature of the format. This isn't even an argument as the pros have shown how good the decks are.
02/18/2019 03:56 PMPosted by InfinityMin1
02/18/2019 03:17 PMPosted by SverdSanity

/mēm/Submit
noun

The funny thing is that if you go literally to the next bullet after that definition, you get this:

"a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users."

Which is literally what a netdeck is. Memes are a dynamic cultural construct that can't really be fully confined to a few lines of text. Nitpicking over the dictionary definitions of such concepts will get you nowhere.

On to the subject matter, Mecha'Thun Druid is very much what I'd consider a "meme" in the context of Hearthstone. A deck's archetype (in this case OTK as you said) is completely unrelated to whether or not it's something to be taken seriously. Miracle Druid (of which a subset is Mecha'Thun Druid) is Tier 4 at best (doesn't even show up on the radar on some sites) and has abysmal playrates. It isn't even the best or most popular Druid deck, which goes to show how utterly bad it is in the current meta. Unless your definition of "meme" is synonymous with "homebrew", I'm not sure how you'd consider Mecha'Thun Druid anything but exactly that.

uncertain as to how you find the deck humorous as it is designed to just kill your opponent after armoring up all game.
It ain't cheating if the card text says so.
02/18/2019 11:46 AMPosted by render
Played against a druid, where all he did was give himself nearly 50 armor. He then played his cards 60% faster than me, and one shot me with a card that he destroyed!? I had full health. He didnt even touch me....Whats the name of this deck and does midrange hunter lose to this 100% of the time?

It's a meme deck because it's have very low win rate. 40+% meaning if you use this competitively you lose stars not gain. The current meta is not that bad in OTK sense. If you had played a few months back in druids tone. They gain 50 armour, gain mana 3 turn faster than you, play alot of taunt and u can't stop them and basically one shot you despite not on the card text. If not, they get lucky and turn 5 oak heart you can a board of 9 cost minions which is worst than Barnes. Either way, otk isn't an issue in this meta. Polarisation is.
Sup w devs giving Druid all that Ferocious Howl + Paths + Draw + Spellstone package + Plague...while nerfing Wild Growth Nourish and Innervate?

WG / Nour / Inner didn't give any armor, or deal any damage.
They just ramped and or drew.

Druid's OTKs are like Hakkar / Azalina / Maly / Hadro / Old-Kun-Avi-anything / Mechathun?

It's your T6.
Would you rather see an old Druid with 10 mana + 1-2 cards in hand (most likely a UI) from WG's n Nourish...and like a 3/6 Jade taunt on the board?

Or would you rather see new Druid with 50+ armor, loaded spellstone, 9 cards, and some minion on the board they recruited, thus thinning their deck, with OTK almost all setup?

Howl + Paths + Spellstone as a package and Plague are OP.
It's ok lets nerf WG and Nourish tho.
Cuz old Druid had all those OTK's with WG and Nourish right?
Their survivability and draw-engines were too-good back then all that armor and sustain and damage you'd get from Nourishing...
You shouldn't have lost to Mecha'thun Druid.
But if you don't hit them fast enough..... GG