Priest rez is out of control

Play Mode Discussion
When they summon a 1/1 version of a card and it gets killed then rezzed, it should be the 1/1 version not the 10/10 version
it doesn't matter if velen is 1/1 or 10/10, that's not the main problem of this deck lol
02/20/2019 10:54 AMPosted by wardonis
When they summon a 1/1 version of a card and it gets killed then rezzed, it should be the 1/1 version not the 10/10 version

Amen. I've been saying this for over a year now

@Shakou
No?! It's a 7/7 body and just an example. Just look at wild and see how out of control this mechanic has become. There is no way the amount of value some 2-4 mana cards provide and cheating out copies is to easy now.
HAH actually that would be awesome. Any other software stack would consider this a bug. I suppose the intent is to prevent buffs from persisting-- if it worked the other way Priests would just be making huge minions with DS/IF and res'ing those. Wouldn't that be worse?

(Actually I do this in Wild with my Blood Of The Ancient One meme deck. Res a 30/30 a few times and people get pretty salty lol).
You need Leeroy and cornered sentry, raptors and other things that dilute their pool. Its the only rare chance you have. There is also that one hard that gives your opponent an 0/3 taunt when it dies.

So basically tech your deck against it and concede every other matchup. When you finally get the priest you want, torture them slowly for us.
I’ve been having a lot of success against priest with a buff paladin that runs rebuke. Such a good card right now that no one plays or hardly sees. Have won 6 of my last 7 against priest and most of those wins were thanks to rebuke.
02/20/2019 12:54 PMPosted by Gigascythe
I’ve been having a lot of success against priest with a buff paladin that runs rebuke. Such a good card right now that no one plays or hardly sees. Have won 6 of my last 7 against priest and most of those wins were thanks to rebuke.

Man i wish rogues had that spell.

Sweet. So when you kill the 48/48 taunt minion with The Black Knight, I can rez it as a 48/48 instead of a 3/12. I mean, fair’s fair: either the rezzed minion keeps all enchantments (which is what the Cloning Gallery/Barnes effects are), or none.
02/20/2019 02:51 PMPosted by gorillamunch
02/20/2019 12:54 PMPosted by Gigascythe
...I’ve been having a lot of success against priest with a buff paladin that runs rebuke. Such a good card right now that no one plays or hardly sees. Have won 6 of my last 7 against priest and most of those wins were thanks to rebuke.

Man i wish rogues had that spell.

Rogue has a lot of decks that deal with priest pretty well.
02/20/2019 02:55 PMPosted by Madmax

Sweet. So when you kill the 48/48 taunt minion with The Black Knight, I can rez it as a 48/48 instead of a 3/12. I mean, fair’s fair: either the rezzed minion keeps all enchantments (which is what the Cloning Gallery/Barnes effects are), or none.

You know you probably shouldn't be trying to defend big priest on a public forum. It's low skill, high randomness, ruins the possiblty of entire archtypes, and counterplay is too weak. You are basically saying you can only win when your skill is entirely irrelevant to the situation if you defend big priest.
02/21/2019 02:16 PMPosted by Skullhawk
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You know you probably shouldn't be trying to defend big priest on a public forum. It's low skill, high randomness, ruins the possiblty of entire archtypes, and counterplay is too weak. You are basically saying you can only win when your skill is entirely irrelevant to the situation if you defend big priest.

He's not really defending BP, only pointing out what would have to happen for consistency. If a Barnes summoned minion were to be rezzed as a 1/1, then a mega buffed taunt in Wall Priest would also have to return in its buffed form. Stats on death = stats when rezzed, otherwise its inconsistent.
02/20/2019 12:16 PMPosted by Cape
HAH actually that would be awesome. Any other software stack would consider this a bug. I suppose the intent is to prevent buffs from persisting-- if it worked the other way Priests would just be making huge minions with DS/IF and res'ing those. Wouldn't that be worse?

(Actually I do this in Wild with my Blood Of The Ancient One meme deck. Res a 30/30 a few times and people get pretty salty lol).

No, it's the initial base of the card your rezzing. A minion summoned as a 1/1 has that 1/1 as a white number. When rezzing it should be the white number. That white number represents the mana cost used in the initial summon of the card. The bluffs applied after are superfluous and shouldn't be copied in the rez, but the rez should represent the initial card not the original card.
They should just nerf Barnes, the rez mechanic is fine in standart.
02/22/2019 02:28 PMPosted by wardonis

No, it's the initial base of the card your rezzing. A minion summoned as a 1/1 has that 1/1 as a white number. When rezzing it should be the white number. That white number represents the mana cost used in the initial summon of the card. The bluffs applied after are superfluous and shouldn't be copied in the rez, but the rez should represent the initial card not the original card.

White stats, green stats, orange stats, pink stats. Makes no difference, its an enchantment, just like DS or IF, which can be seen when a 1/1 summoned in this fashion is silenced returning it to full stats. ALL enchantments, both positive and negative (Equality f.e. is also negative, or a debuff, also provides "white" numbers) are removed when a minion is rezzed. So for consistency stats on death = stats on rez, or the current system must be used.

It would probably be fine is Resurrects retained buffs because the Priest would also have to run those buffs and have them when they have something on board to buff on top of the Resurrect spells and would run into deck space issues and it would probably be much less consistent than the current Resurrect Madness.
02/22/2019 05:41 PMPosted by Shuyin

It would probably be fine is Resurrects retained buffs because the Priest would also have to run those buffs and have them when they have something on board to buff on top of the Resurrect spells and would run into deck space issues and it would probably be much less consistent than the current Resurrect Madness.

Have you seen Wall Priest yet?
02/22/2019 05:45 PMPosted by Bowser

Yeah and Wall Priest is more on the buff plan for OTK than a Resurrect plan. Why risk that your don't get your buffed guys when you hit the Resurrect effects and miss your chance when you can just hold the buffs for the OTK so it makes little to no difference for that deck. But for Barnes and Clone Factory getting 1/1's instead of full stand stuff on Resurrect makes a big difference. Also if they are pre buffing for the big Resurrect they are much more vulnerable to Silence so another reason for them not to use the buffs outside of Lethal.

Yeah and Wall Priest is more on the buff plan for OTK than a Resurrect plan. Why risk that your don't get your buffed guys when you hit the Resurrect effects and miss your chance when you can just hold the buffs for the OTK so it makes little to no difference for that deck.

Do you really want to see Wall Priest when they can rez buffed minions? I dont! Sometimes they have to "waste a buff" before they are ready to combo out, giving that minion back in its buffed state is just asking for trouble!

02/22/2019 08:29 PMPosted by Shuyin
But for Barnes and Clone Factory getting 1/1's instead of full stand stuff on Resurrect makes a big difference. Also if they are pre buffing for the big Resurrect they are much more vulnerable to Silence so another reason for them not to use the buffs outside of Lethal.

Not convinced that, assuming the mechanic is changed, they are as vulnerable as you think. You NEED that silence right then & there, while you would have a few more turns to both draw & use it with the current design.

Btter the devil you know! We know how the current rez mechanic works, and while not ideal, is better than dancing with the devil... ESPECIALLY in the Priest class which garners hatred even when its T4 status!
so annoying, 70% of my games are against priest now, not all Rez priest obviously but still very annoying. I just auto time out every turn now against priests of any flavor.
I think the deck is actually overly popular in wild and kinda of easy to snipe with a couple of combo decks and aggro decks. Yes whenever then turn 4 barnes into obsidian statue 10/10 old godits gg play the next game but that's going to be far less then half of the games you face.

Rez priests that sneak in a combo package to otk I find far more scary to deal with. In some ways I think ironically gallery priest is kind of the better rez deck.