- Some OTKs & mill nonsense

I used to love this game.
02/24/2019 10:32 PMPosted by Gunter
- Priests cheating mana
- Priests resurrecting stuff until you run out of steam
- Priests cheating mana and resurrecting stuff

I only play wild these days, and I would call this as an confirmation bias. In my last 100 Games, I only had 14 Priests. Yes, your mileage may vary, but this was Ranking up from 15 to 10.

The most common class that I meet appears to be Mage (20 in the last 100 games). Second is Hunter with 16, and then Priest with 14, fallowed by Warlock with 12.

And almost no OTK's that I can remember. Most that I see is Aggro/Midrange hunters. And among Mages, it is basically a coin Flip. A secret aggro Mage, or an elemental/control FLJ Mage. There were few mills, but that is about it. I do not think I have ever encountered a Mecha'Thun deck of any kind past Rank 15.
Still can't believe they haven't done ANYTHING after this topic (rightfully) pops up over and over. They don't even comment which is a cardinal sin if you would like to show your community that you care.
02/25/2019 12:03 AMPosted by GetSchwifty
Still can't believe they haven't done ANYTHING after this topic (rightfully) pops up over and over. They don't even comment which is a cardinal sin if you would like to show your community that you care.

I am not saying that Priest is not a problem. Yes, something should be done to it, BUT, that is not what I am arguing here. All of these threads about Priests make it appear as if Priest is 90% of all match ups, when in reality, it isn't.

Yes, when you DO end up meeting Priest, you already know that it will be a very tedious game. But my point is, that Priest does not appear as often as all of those posters complaining about it make it seem.
Definitely agree..at all ranks, wild is Infested with the vile priests. Big priests, wall priests Opcombo priests. Doesn’t matter, they’re Everywhere and have been for a while.

Yet the devs seem either too lazy to do anything about it or seem unwilling to..priest bias?
02/24/2019 11:57 PMPosted by Mazvis
02/24/2019 10:32 PMPosted by Gunter
- Priests cheating mana
- Priests resurrecting stuff until you run out of steam
- Priests cheating mana and resurrecting stuff

I only play wild these days, and I would call this as an confirmation bias. In my last 100 Games, I only had 14 Priests. Yes, your mileage may vary, but this was Ranking up from 15 to 10.

The most common class that I meet appears to be Mage (20 in the last 100 games). Second is Hunter with 16, and then Priest with 14, fallowed by Warlock with 12.

And almost no OTK's that I can remember. Most that I see is Aggro/Midrange hunters. And among Mages, it is basically a coin Flip. A secret aggro Mage, or an elemental/control FLJ Mage. There were few mills, but that is about it. I do not think I have ever encountered a Mecha'Thun deck of any kind past Rank 15.

Yeah you're probably right. But this morning on 8 fights I had 6 priests. It made me angry and maybe I lost it a bit :)
02/25/2019 12:45 AMPosted by Tyani
priest bias?

No, a belief (based on server logs) that Ressurect Priest is played more than is justified by its win rate. Any nerf would be a "feels bad" nerf rather than a "game balance" nerf, and Blizzard normally thinks about those a long time before making them.

Plus, Priest has a fistful of resurrection cards these days. It's not as simple as "nerf Barnes". The real tech play against Rez Priest is to pollute their graveyard, but that is such an uber-specific tech that it's nearly useless unless you deliberately set out to be gunning for Priest decks.
Got annoyed by losing to big priest from playing fun priest decks like dragon, mech, c'thun, healing synergy, and silence. Went mage, played anti-spell/dragon deck combo with lorewalker cho. Laughed at big priest.

I knew I kept you around for a reason Cho.