Replacements for rotating cards.

Play Mode Discussion
What will we do without firefly?

Tar Creeper?

Stonehill Defender?

What would YOU replace these cards with? Would you replace them at all?

Any other auto includes rotating out that you can come up with a replacement for?
Hope we get more cards like this frankly. Not overpowered but just solid solid early game cards that fit into a variety of decks.
Elementals are going to need some serious support if they’re going to continue to be a tribe that decks are built around.
That being said, I look forward to seeing these 3 cards rotate. They’re all just a little too popular and good at what they do. I’m not going to miss Odd Paladin getting Tarim in the slightest.
I'm just trying to think like I was on the design team.

Do we need a new Fire Fly?

If so, what?

1/2 create another 1/2 was so powerful it was in like most decks.

Would a 1/2 Battlecry: draw a card be too powerful? (neutral)

And so on
If this were another meta you might make the same thread about zombie chow or beltcher or piloted shredder. There is always the next "this is good enough to be included in most decks" minion that comes along
02/27/2019 08:36 AMPosted by Right

Kobold Librarian is in every single warlock deck that isn't evenlock no matter what kind of deck it is. A neutral version that didn't hit you in the face would likewise be in every single deck that could include it. It would probably be in more decks than unnerfed corridor creeper was.
02/27/2019 09:44 AMPosted by Melphina

Kobold Librarian is in every single warlock deck that isn't evenlock no matter what kind of deck it is. A neutral version that didn't hit you in the face would likewise be in every single deck that could include it. It would probably be in more decks than unnerfed corridor creeper was.

to be fair, kobold is also VERY important for warlocks as a 1health defile activator as well. It's often saved for that and spellstone activations rather if not on t1.

But regardless, a 1/2 draw a card would be an autoinclude for most.
I'm just trying to think like I was on the design team.

Do we need a new Fire Fly?

If so, what?

1/2 create another 1/2 was so powerful it was in like most decks.

And so on

That is even more powerfull than firefly.

Actually im hope to never see a card like that as a low cost drop again.

Also im need to say that discover should be sttoped because it isn't a meaninfull decision anymore due to the nature of new cards coming into the pools.

If you cant make a discovery that not ends into "hope im get X" then you should not print it.
1 mana 2/1 dragon battle cry add a 2/1 dragon to your hand