Otk decks should be nerfed

Play Mode Discussion
I use to play hearthstone a lot. I really enjoy the game so much until late. As of late I find myself just logging in to do my daily quest and being so frustrated with the game that I close it.

Over the past month I face almost nothing but druid otk. Both versions of it one using cathun and the other using the combo that plays the bloodspawn guy or whatever his name is and swapping decks so your opponent draws that card over and over.

The other deck I face is otk priest.

Both decks are really annoying to face but yet they don't get nerfed. A game shouldn't ever be decided like this it literally takes any skill out of the game.
Playing against OTK is like trying to play a game with someone but they refuse to let you play. Like the kid that hogs all the toys.
I think the problem here is the abondance of AOE. Playing with them in mind makes you go their way, it still stalls the game, and they'll eventually end up stalling even more by waiting until board gets threatening. I highly prefer the interactivity of wiping through trades as minions and their effects (outside of deathrattles) matter, unlike whith AOE clears. And before Control guys come screaming at me, Rush mechanic and taunt are really good mechanic in a world where AOE is more rare. My 2 cents.
Yes, they should increase equality to 4 mana and make it unplayable.

Oh wait.
Playing against OTK is like trying to play a game with someone but they refuse to let you play. Like the kid that hogs all the toys.

thats control
Despite my username I don't really play aggro that much lol (most wins with Priest), but I've been playing Secret Odd Mage which hard counters Druid and Priest otk decks and actually performs pretty well against non spell Hunter variants. I logged in for the first time this season at rank 7 expecting to face these decks and was rewarded with the easiest climb to 5 of my life. Id love to play something innovative and fresh but what is there that has emerged this expansion that is even remotely viable (other than some new otk variant with a few different cards). Maybe the nerfs will encourage experimentation, but i have my doubts. Fingers crossed though. Like so many others I can't wait for rotation.
OTK has to exist because of armor warrior and lets see how many times i can go up to 40 health priest Oh and look at all my infinite spawning protector warlock.
02/04/2019 04:09 PMPosted by Merboy
OTK has to exist because of armor warrior and lets see how many times i can go up to 40 health priest Oh and look at all my infinite spawning protector warlock.

That is not true you just have to play more aggressive against them and know when to hold back. I barely lose to baku warrior if you force them to play your game and pressure them enough to not want to use their clears but be forced to.
02/04/2019 03:40 PMPosted by Achway
I think the problem here is the abondance of AOE. Playing with them in mind makes you go their way, it still stalls the game, and they'll eventually end up stalling even more by waiting until board gets threatening. I highly prefer the interactivity of wiping through trades as minions and their effects (outside of deathrattles) matter, unlike whith AOE clears. And before Control guys come screaming at me, Rush mechanic and taunt are really good mechanic in a world where AOE is more rare. My 2 cents.
yea but notice how your not complaining about fatigue/value decks?

So then the real problem is the combos and not the aoe.
The problem is that there are few early game pressure decks and they constantly get nerfed.

There's only 3 aggro decks and one is getting nerfed tomorrow.

All the midranged decks rely on midgame floods, cheated out minions, and late infinite value. Things easily removed by dedicated control decks or slow.

Thus there are few decks to pressure combo-control and OTK combo deck.
02/04/2019 04:06 PMPosted by Boreas

thats control
no it's not. Why does everyone get control decks wrong.

Just because it has control elements does not make it control. It's an otk deck.

Example: A control deck would be renolock.
02/04/2019 04:06 PMPosted by Boreas

thats control
no it's not. Why does everyone get control decks wrong.

Just because it has control elements does not make it control. It's an otk deck.

decks focused on blowing up any minion you play are control ones many refuse to run win conditions thats why i liked jades because it allowed me to win vs those type of decks
<span class="truncated">...</span>no it's not. Why does everyone get control decks wrong.

decks focused on blowing up any minion you play are control ones many refuse to run win conditions thats why i liked jades because it allowed me to win vs those type of decks

Yes but if a deck has an otk in it it's called otk.

A deck that blows all your dudes up and plays value/fatties or value dks to win(without otk)are called control decks.

When people say "control deck" that is usually what they mean.

Thus why this thread uses the word otk decks in its title and not control.

Edit: Also jade druid was the beginning of the end of true control decks for a while until skulking and druid nerfs happened. So it's no suprise you won alot as it was a polarizing match.
Can't say I agree with you. Fatigue decks need a check. You know what's worse than dying turn 10 to a wombo combo? Spending 30 minutes having your stuff removed while your opponent just armors or heals up constantly. Kill fatigue decks, then we can consider killing combo.
02/04/2019 05:09 PMPosted by Hazama
Can't say I agree with you. Fatigue decks need a check. You know what's worse than dying turn 10 to a wombo combo? Spending 30 minutes having your stuff removed while your opponent just armors or heals up constantly. Kill fatigue decks, then we can consider killing combo.
thats why you concede once they get a death grip. Just as a slow deck concedes once the aggro or mid opponent has them locked out aswell.

As for them needing checks. I agree, but that can come in the form of value midrange cards aswell as hyper aggro decks getting good starts.
Also a true control mirror takes quite a bit of talent and is very rewarding to the winner usually.

Point is control decks dont need a hard counter as they already struggle vs everything anyways as it is.

Otk on the other hand....
02/04/2019 03:28 PMPosted by Bobby
I use to play hearthstone a lot. I really enjoy the game so much until late. As of late I find myself just logging in to do my daily quest and being so frustrated with the game that I close it.

Over the past month I face almost nothing but druid otk. Both versions of it one using cathun and the other using the combo that plays the bloodspawn guy or whatever his name is and swapping decks so your opponent draws that card over and over.

Both decks are really annoying to face but yet they don't get nerfed. A game shouldn't ever be decided like this it literally takes any skill out of the game.

Unfortunately due to bad game design and a saturated field of powerful cards from last 2 sets- its the only way to deal with the bologna thats out there. Cant let Dis run the match (endless value) - can't let the "I win" combos setup, Cant let your opponent back into the game with a comeback card or a RNG miracle....

So yeah, OTK. Too many BS cards to deal with.

Right now I am about to lose to the new Shnizzle Priest Class.

Yep Sea Giant on the board, yep Lich King (OP card seen maybe more play than Baku) - I was trying a Budget Priest just for fun Vs. Drops Spiteful Summoner yep...

Too many miracle cards and since there are several ways to bring Aggro to halt now - okay its the long game - OTK it is. Beat cheese with the best cheese.
...no it's not. Why does everyone get control decks wrong.

OK, what combo decks dont do the same thing in the current meta?

The control tools are so strong that "combo" decks are running them to increase their aggro matchup wr, hell most dont even have the risk vs. reward of sacrificing a combo piece as removal anymore, for example. Most combo/otk decks cant even do so given their current nature.

Using your criteria there are no combo decks in the game anymore, which is false. They just run so many control tools that the line between the two is more blurred than it ever has been in the past, which is saying a LOT for HS.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

OK, what combo decks dont do the same thing in the current meta?

The control tools are so strong that "combo" decks are running them to increase their aggro matchup wr, hell most dont even have the risk vs. reward of sacrificing a combo piece as removal anymore, for example. Most combo/otk decks cant even do so given their current nature.

Using your criteria there are no combo decks in the game anymore, which is false. They just run so many control tools that the line between the two is more blurred than it ever has been in the past, which is saying a LOT for HS.
what its saying is that the resilience of combo is the highest it's ever been. So at this point we either abolish it like the op suggests or we make a new dirt rat in every set.
02/04/2019 05:16 PMPosted by nimabi
02/04/2019 03:28 PMPosted by Bobby

Unfortunately due to bad game design and a saturated field of powerful cards from last 2 sets- its the only way to deal with the bologna thats out there. Cant let Dis run the match (endless value) - can't let the "I win" combos setup, Cant let your opponent back into the game with a comeback card or a RNG miracle....

So yeah, OTK. Too many BS cards to deal with.

Right now I am about to lose to the new Shnizzle Priest Class.

Yep Sea Giant on the board, yep Lich King (OP card seen maybe more play than Baku) - I was trying a Budget Priest just for fun Vs. Drops Spiteful Summoner yep...

Too many miracle cards and since there are several ways to bring Aggro to halt now - okay its the long game - OTK it is. Beat cheese with the best cheese.
at least you admit this game is trash right now I'll give ya that.
Afk until OTK 3 out of the last 4 games. Disgusting.