Hypothetical Rebalances

Play Mode Discussion
Just a fun little thread where we think of ways to balance cards that, in your opinion, need buffing or nerfing. I'll go first.
Note: This is not a suggestion thread, this is just for fun.

Saronite Chain Gang
Battlecry: Summon another Saronite Chain Gang with the same enchantments as the original.

Saronite Chain Gang definitely needed to not summon other shudderwocks, but the changes Blizzard decided on seriously hinders decks that use hand buffing and Val'anyr shenanigans. With this new wording, hand buff paladins can keep hand buffing and shudderwock shamans can't fill their board with 6/6s.
Probably allowing Tinkmaster Overspark to target a minion, since it's literally the only neutral card that can transform enemy minions. I was thinking that this would be a good tech card against Big Priest.
Probably buff Hir’eek the Bat to be 2/1 with Rush. That way it can still be used as a board clear when you don’t have any handbuffs. Might be too strong with handbuffs tho, could limit design space.

Maybe take Lifesteal away from Bloodreaver Gul’dan and Frost lich Jaina and give the something else to compensate for the loss.
02/10/2019 03:39 PMPosted by NerevarAgain
Maybe take Lifesteal away from Bloodreaver Gul’dan and Frost lich Jaina and give the something else to compensate for the loss.

That gave me an Idea.

Frostlich Jaina
Battlecry: Give all elementals in your deck Lifesteal and summon a water elemental with Lifesteal.
02/10/2019 03:39 PMPosted by NerevarAgain
Probably buff Hir’eek the Bat to be 2/1 with Rush. That way it can still be used as a board clear when you don’t have any handbuffs. Might be too strong with handbuffs tho, could limit design space.

Ya. Hi REEK feels like he was made just to give Evolve, Astromancer, and Spiteful Summoner bad randoms as he is now..... The rush idea is good.

I want to see Dr.Morrigan made playable as we will have her for another year. One mediocre way is to make her just shuffle herself back into deck instead of swap.

Do any other minions even use the "Swap" word? Was morrigan just made to test the word "swap" and be pointless pack filler?
Reprint Duskfallen Aviana.

"Each turn, the Cost of the first card played is reduced by the amount of unspent Mana Crystals the opponent has."

Would be a cool way to force plays / pressure an enemy with an empty (or full!) hand
02/10/2019 03:00 PMPosted by AnimeFood
Probably allowing Tinkmaster Overspark to target a minion, since it's literally the only neutral card that can transform enemy minions. I was thinking that this would be a good tech card against Big Priest.

it should cost at least 5 mana for that effect

its too good
Just tossing this out there:

Baku: Start of Game: If your deck has only odd-Cost cards, give your minions on the battlefield +1/+1 each turn.

Genn: Start of Game: If your deck has only even-Cost cards, after you play a spell, summon a random minion of the same cost.
02/12/2019 06:56 AMPosted by Style99
Genn: Start of Game: If your deck has only even-Cost cards, after you play a spell, summon a random minion of the same cost.

Jesus, even secret hunter would be insane with this.
Ratcatcher 3mana 2/2, rush destroy a friendly minion, {+ gain its stats, its tribe, and its deathrattle}. Would be way to OP currently, but would be fun following rotation and/or if they ever get rid of cube.

For Baku, maybe it should really be, you can use your hero power one extra time per turn, the second time costs 1.
I saw this idea on reddit and think it's the easiest solution to keep the spirit of cards (reward for deck building limitation) while also improving the balance:

Baku: Start of Game: If your deck has only odd-Cost cards, your staring Hero Power costs (1).

Genn: Start of Game: If your deck has only even-Cost cards, your staring Hero Power costs (1).

This makes them the same (ignoring the actual card stats) with a choice of going odd or even. One possible addition to both cards could then be the text "Your hero power is disabled on turn 1."

That's pre-nerfed Tinkmaster and it was considered as 1 of the best legendary and almost an auto include. I think maybe change it that it can target minion, but either transform it to a squirrel or give it +5/+5.
02/10/2019 07:11 PMPosted by Boreas

its too good

Maybe no.

Like...

Legendaries are made to be unique and you still have to consider that is a card with the limitation of 1 of.

Legendaries have the right of break the curve if it isn't to much and considering that 5/5 isn't that bad to ressurect despite of not good as the minions you did put in your deck.....

I'm think it is okay to have thinkmaster on 3 and targetting minions. Also it was that way when it when hearthstone did launch and no one really did think it was super broken.
It was just a card that had to much functions to a point that they did need to nerf.

You should use in a really big enemy minion.
You should use a really small minion of yours so you don't lose to much if it turns into a 1/1.
You should use as a way to silence something important since transformations remove deathrattle effects.

Today hearthstone is not played this way but with tons of synergy. So that card would not be auto include anymore even if it return to it's original power.
02/10/2019 07:11 PMPosted by Boreas

its too good

I would play it if it cost me 5 mana. It's the only fix to Barnes if they plan on keeping the mechanic as it is.
Mana Wyrm - changed to 1 cost 1/2

Play Dead costs 2

Keleseth changed to 1/2

Warsong Commander buffed 3/4

Truesilver Champion now 4 cost 3/2 weapon heal for 4

Blessing of might gives 2 attack. Plus 1 health if minion has divine shield

DK Rexxar now costs 7

Emerald Spellstone back to 5 cost but makes 3/2s

Gadgetzan Auctioneer hall of famed

Alexstraza hall of famed

Preparation hall of famed

Divine spirit hall of famed

Exp Runes hall of famed

Doomhammer hall of famed. Too good weapon for standard to never rotate

Mind Blast deals 4 damage

Loatheb added to classic

Dirty Rat added to classic

Kezan Mystic added to classic

Antique Heal added to classic

Baku now 7/6

Genn now 5/4

Starving Buzzard 4 cost 3/3

Wild Pyromancer 2/2

Freezing trap makes minions cost 1 more and not over 10

Psy Scream costs 8

Cloning Gallery to 10

Zuljin replay 1 of each hunter spell you played this game ( so if played 2 spellstone and 2 animal conpanion he casts 1 each of those not 2)
I'd love for Hakkar to have a Beast tag. Hakkar is like a snake thing, right? So it makes sense. But Hakkar being a Beast means it can be discounted by that 1 mana 1/1 Beast from The Rumble and also thus allowing my meme Play Dead Hakkar deck to work (It would use things like Hunters Call to get Hakkar or just more cards, that 4 mana buff spell for Beasts that shuffles em, that 3 mana 2/2 that discovers minions from your deck, Tracking so you can hopefully burn your Corrupted Bloods, Undatakah, etc.) Very much a meme deck, it would be so effective the one time it works out of 30 games lol.