I'm losing this game!

Play Mode Discussion
02/26/2019 09:00 AMPosted by Flarkyou
Save your board clears for zuljin. He will have a board of his own minions that he will be targeting with his spells.
02/26/2019 04:31 PMPosted by Гуди
How do I save my board clears when I'm getting mauled down like a b*tch in the early game by springpaws, hyenas, spellstones & to my sides ?
Not gonna pitch in the Zul'jin debate, but you're mistaking midrange hunter and spell hunter here. Spell hunter, the deck that uses Zul'jin, doesn't have minions in its deck. Hybrid hunter used minions, spellstones, and Zul'jin, not TmS for obvious reason, but it pretty much disappeared from the meta post-nerf.

In short, if a hunter uses minions, they won't use Zul'jin. If a hunter doesn't use minions, they will use Zul'jin. So be prepared and play accordingly.
He’s probably talking about hybrid hunter which played a mix of minions as well as the secret/spellstone package before it virtually disappeared from ladder after the nerfs (I faced one all month).

Apparently it’s still OP.
02/26/2019 05:30 PMPosted by Guldin
He’s probably talking about hybrid hunter which played a mix of minions as well as the secret/spellstone package before it virtually disappeared from ladder after the needs (I faced one all month).

Went over that already. And hybrid hunter doesn't run TmS, which he mentioned as one of the stuff that screws him. No, I think when he sees hunter, he only sees hunter, when he should be a seeing the deck archetype. Midrange hunter runs Hyena, Springpaw, Rhino, Highmane. Spell hunter runs Spellstone, TmS, Zul'jin. The way OP plays should be different depending on which. He seems to not.

I'm sure some people will think I'm saying 'hunter is fine~ learn to deal with it', but no, I'm just pointing out the flaw in OP's approach.
02/26/2019 05:40 PMPosted by sky3union
He’s probably talking about hybrid hunter which played a mix of minions as well as the secret/spellstone package before it virtually disappeared from ladder after the needs (I faced one all month).

Went over that already. And hybrid hunter doesn't run TmS, which he mentioned as one of the stuff that screws him. No, I think when he sees hunter, he only sees hunter, when he should be a seeing the deck archetype. Midrange hunter runs Hyena, Springpaw, Rhino, Highmane. Spell hunter runs Spellstone, TmS, Zul'jin.

Sorry. Did not read your entire post.
Ah, that old golden oldie, "I was winning until..."

The thing is, until your opponent's face explodes you aren't actually "winning". Every turn your opponent delayed until he could play his bomb was a turn he was building towards his own victory.

If you haven't won by turn ten then you aren't "winning" no matter what your board looks like. Turn ten is when the closers come online, whether it's Malygos, N'Zoth, Zul'jin or whatever. You aren't entitled to win the match just because you spent the first nine turns "winning".
02/26/2019 05:07 AMPosted by Гуди
*plays Zul'jin*
I'm winning this game!

Fair.

Big swing turns... cards that allow you to out value your opponent have been around for a while now.
02/26/2019 11:21 PMPosted by SverdSanity
02/26/2019 05:07 AMPosted by Гуди
*plays Zul'jin*
I'm winning this game!

Fair.

Big swing turns... cards that allow you to out value your opponent have been around for a while now.

I see, the "appeal to tradition" fallacy, a classic one.
But I guess that since it's been "like that for a while now", it makes it all fair, healthy and fun to play against.
02/26/2019 11:24 PMPosted by Гуди
I see, the "appeal to tradition" fallacy, a classic one.
But I guess that since it's been "like that for a while now", it makes it all fair, healthy and fun to play against.

Except that "a while now" is really "since the game was first launched". When something is built into the basic framework of the game, if you dislike it so much then you may need to admit that the game isn't for you.
Sickness is part of life since it's begun, so I may need to admit that life isn't for me.

Or try to find a cure.
Now you know how I feel VS Twisting Nether, Psychic Scream, literally any Death Knight, Shudderwock, Hadronox....
Oh but it limits your deck right? Because you don't want some spells replayed? Or something? This card epitomizes the lazy design that has wrecked this game.
My control warlock:
I'm losing th game!
*plays guldan*
I'm winning the game!

Zulgin is just a finisher in an aggro deck whoopdee doo. Inner fire priest is loosing the game! Mass dispel inner inner fire combo. Now hes winning!! The same way I'll be nearly dead on turn 9, drop voidwalker with guldan in hand only to get run over by an owl+leeroy. But if he doesnt have his last ditch push in hand I stabilize and swing turn with guldan.

Tldr: cry moar.