Hunter's Mark

Play Mode Discussion
Upcoming 13.2 patch: Cost increased from 1 to 2.

Journey to Un'Goro logo.png Patch 8.0.0.18336 (2017-04-04) Rarity changed from Common to Free.

Whispers of the Old Gods logo.png Patch 5.0.0.12574 (2016-04-24): Cost increased from 0 to 1.
Commentary: "Hunter’s Mark is an important option for Hunters, but it’s too efficient at 0 mana. We are increasing its cost to 1."

Patch 1.0.0.3890 (2013-10-02): Now a permanent enchantment.

Previously: Change a minion's Health to 1 this turn. [0 mana, Common]

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hunter%27s_Mark

If I'm to believe that this entire time hunter's mark was worth 2 mana value, then why on earth did it take the devs 3 years to nerf it to this level. Why not make it 2 mana back when it was increased to 1?

Or is it that it isn't worth 2 mana and this is clearly a cash grab attempt.
01/31/2019 04:46 PMPosted by Geoxyx
Upcoming 13.2 patch: Cost increased from 1 to 2.

Journey to Un'Goro logo.png Patch 8.0.0.18336 (2017-04-04) Rarity changed from Common to Free.

Whispers of the Old Gods logo.png Patch 5.0.0.12574 (2016-04-24): Cost increased from 0 to 1.
Commentary: "Hunter’s Mark is an important option for Hunters, but it’s too efficient at 0 mana. We are increasing its cost to 1."

Patch 1.0.0.3890 (2013-10-02): Now a permanent enchantment.

Previously: Change a minion's Health to 1 this turn. [0 mana, Common]

If I'm to believe that this entire time hunter's mark was worth 2 mana value, then why on earth did it take the devs 3 years to nerf it to this level. Why not make it 2 mana back when it was increased to 1?

Is execute worth 2 mana? Evidence says yes, because it’s still played.
01/31/2019 04:46 PMPosted by Geoxyx

Apples and oranges. Comparing classes, Execute definitely deserves the 2-mana tag, whereas I'm very hesitant to state the same for Hunter's Mark.

Apples and oranges. Comparing classes, Execute definitely deserves the 2-mana tag, whereas I'm very hesitant to state the same for Hunter's Mark.

not sure they are that different.

warrior has whirwind effects and weapons to trigger execute, hunter has weapons, springpaws, explosives and etc to trigger Mark.

they are basically both "3 mana 2 cards, remove a threat"
01/31/2019 05:29 PMPosted by Shroud

warrior has whirwind effects and weapons to trigger execute, hunter has weapons, springpaws, explosives and etc to trigger Mark.

'Cept warrior effectively has easier time setting that up, and isn't as easy to block via taunts.

Less of the warrior cards require you to 'waste a card' in order to get that clear off. For example, you can LIGHT THE FUSES! on a board with 2 minions, big and small, and Execute the bigger one since it's guaranteed to take 1 damage at the very least.

Hunter nearly always has to drive a minion into the marked target, or smack it with a weapon.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

'Cept warrior effectively has easier time setting that up, and isn't as easy to block via taunts.

Less of the warrior cards require you to 'waste a card' in order to get that clear off. For example, you can LIGHT THE FUSES! on a board with 2 minions, big and small, and Execute the bigger one since it's guaranteed to take 1 damage at the very least.

Hunter nearly always has to drive a minion into the marked target, or smack it with a weapon.

if springpaw (loses only half a card) and candleshot (loses only 1/3 of a card) were not cards, i would agree with you, sadly, they are, hence they do actually have extremely efficient ways of triggering the mark. About as efficient, or even more due to actual cost (both only costing 1, cndleshot often 0 since it's setup from previous rounds), than warrior.
For feedback on the recent changes, please post feedback in the main thread.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20771096934

Thank you.