Why I play OTK decks

Play Mode Discussion
I see a lot of people are complaining about OTK decks. I am someone who solely plays OTK wild decks so I thought to share some thoughts on why I play them.

The short version is OTK decks are fun for ME and it is easy to play; this is what a game suppose to be. I don't have to worry about tempo, board presence, or card advantage, it is relaxing to have a game like this.

Additionally, I am not obliged to play something to entertain my opponent, this is not why I play games or why i spend money on games. If you are not enjoying yourself, then switch to a different game or concede. Don't waste both of our time.
''Additionally, I am not obliged to play something to entertain my opponent'''
I agree with that sentiment.

''If you are not enjoying yourself, then switch to a different game or concede. Don't waste both of our time.''

But basically here you are saying you don't care about other peoples enjoyment in this game as long as you can have fun it doesn't matter how other people experience the game?
Not a dig on OTK, and possibly you're trolling but I've always wondered.

Don't you get bored playing out the same strategy/win con over and over?
02/08/2019 08:48 AMPosted by happyfeet

''If you are not enjoying yourself, then switch to a different game or concede. Don't waste both of our time.''

But basically here you are saying you don't care about other peoples enjoyment in this game as long as you can have fun it doesn't matter how other people experience the game?

Yes. Because he shouldn't care about your experience.
People play games because they want to have fun, not to entertain their opponent.
So if someone's having fun playing OTK they won't stop because you don't like to play against OTK. And they shouldn't.

If he has fun playing the game, he should keep playing the game not change the way he plays so he enjoys the game less.
If you don't have fun playing the game, you should play something else, not ask others to not have fun also.

Why should I care, they didn't pay me to entertain them. If the goal of the game is to entertain the opponent, then no multiplayer game would exist.
02/08/2019 08:51 AMPosted by RinseWizard

I am not trolling i swear. My play window is really short. I only get about 10 min of play time between my coding break. I love open packs, winning with OTK is the easiest way to grind.
02/08/2019 08:53 AMPosted by Underman

Yes. Because he shouldn't care about your experience.
People play games because they want to have fun, not to entertain their opponent.
So if someone's having fun playing OTK they won't stop because you don't like to play against OTK. And they shouldn't.

If he has fun playing the game, he should keep playing the game not change the way he plays so he enjoys the game less.
If you don't have fun playing the game, you should play something else, not ask others to not have fun also.

To be fair to otk haters, they're not asking otk players to stop playing otk decks, they're asking Blizzard to stop supporting them because they make their subjective experience worse. They're asking for the game to be more tailored to their own interests, which you've basically just said is allowable.
I just wish there was something showing me that my opponent is playing a combo deck from the start of the match, so i can autoconcede. I don’t like the (lack of) interactions with otk decks. And i just want to get on with my matches, not wasting them by playing and finding out eventually that i never stood a chance any my opponent was playing solitaire.
Anyone having trouble with OTK decks can just craft Zihi
02/08/2019 08:56 AMPosted by Caonima

Why should I care, they didn't pay me to entertain them. If the goal of the game is to entertain the opponent, then no multiplayer game would exist.

SMork youtube video has it all about Hearthstone

"Be nice to people? Nope"
"Turn 7 Lethal? Yep"

Everybody is just running their simulated patterns each game. Same thing over and over again.

You are directing that to the wrong party. If OTK is an acceptable way designers allow for people to play this game by printing cards that enable such decks, then asking other people to have the burden of others' experience is nonsensical.
02/08/2019 08:58 AMPosted by Caonima
02/08/2019 08:51 AMPosted by RinseWizard

I am not trolling i swear. My play window is really short. I only get about 10 min of play time between my coding break. I love open packs, winning with OTK is the easiest way to grind.

Fine. Whats next?

"Press this button, win by turn 2, open 10 free packs"

Whats the point of playing at all?

You should be proud you wrecked someone with a brainless broken deck, takes skill!
02/08/2019 09:20 AMPosted by Tyani
I just wish there was something showing me that my opponent is playing a combo deck from the start of the match, so i can autoconcede. I don’t like the (lack of) interactions with otk decks.

I interact with OTK players a lot, by pulling out and deleting their combo pieces via Dirty Rat and Gnomeferatu.
So they maybe start complaining about the lack of interactivity in what I do to them.
Well I'm just reacting with the tools the game offers me ;)
02/08/2019 09:41 AMPosted by Diddly
Anyone having trouble with OTK decks can just craft Zihi

Zihi doesn't stop gallery priest or Holy Wrath Paladin but only delays it for a few turns.
In 2 months i doubt otk decks will exist as much due to rotation. I play all kinds of decks....midrange, aggro, control, otk, homebrew, etc, etc. I have beaten, lost and played otk decks. I have no problem with em. No one likes this game when they lose. Doesn't matter if its to OTK or Rexxar. The forums are full of salty people complaining about every thing they lose too.

So no, if me winning means the other player has a crap experience then tough. Regardless of how I win. Winning and losing is part of the game. If losing means you're not enjoying it then thats your problem. Obviously whomever wins is gna get more enjoyment out of the match than the loser lol. Even if the loser thought had the game until they're mecha'thun'd.
10/10 Good Troll OP. You got alot of people to Bite..
Obvious flambait is obvious. Seriously if you want quick mindless wins combo is the worst archetype to play.
Why you play OTK? Because you want to.

Why you post about it in this manner? Because you’re a long time troll.
02/08/2019 11:02 AMPosted by SolutionS
10/10 Good Troll OP. You got alot of people to Bite..

I am not trolling. I am serious. Tell me, why should i play a game with the sole purpose of entertaining others?
02/08/2019 10:35 AMPosted by Right
02/08/2019 08:58 AMPosted by Caonima

Fine. Whats next?

"Press this button, win by turn 2, open 10 free packs"

Whats the point of playing at all?

You should be proud you wrecked someone with a brainless broken deck, takes skill!

I like opening packs. I don't care what it takes to open those packs.