[Fluff] Heroes and Villains

Community Discussion
In the world of games, we can make believe and take up characters that bear no relation to actual life, believes, etc.

Thus, in your games. Are you a Hero or a Villain? What type of character will you be? An enforcer of Justice? A freelance Anti-hero? A calculating mercenary? A sexy and charming entertainer?

Come, Come, Come, Share you gaming fantasy here.
I would still be a scientist. One thing I rarely see explored is how science works in a world of magic. The most egregious example is Harry Potter, where the wizards were morons that had trouble understanding how muggle technology worked, and no one even bothered to try except Arthur Weasley, who was widely mocked for it. Can you imagine if Voldemort had taken a couple years to get his Masters Degree in Immunology or something? He probably could have designed some kind of magical bacteria that only ate the flesh of his enemies, and just released it into the Hogwarts water supply. Have fun being a skeleton, Dumbledumbass.

So, I'd be a Magic Scientist type, like some of my favorite Hearthstone cards (Dr Boom, Myra Rotspring, etc) except... maybe a good guy? Or at least, if the good guys paid me well.
I would be a flying ninja killer of killers.

Emerging from the shadows dealing justice and retreating back into the shadows.

Flying Shadow Ninja.

My alter ego would be a trans gender barista who plays guitar and sells hemp goods on the side when not killing killers from the shadows. Boobs would be removable, I'm not that into it, but it's a good cover.

My sidekick would be a very slow and cranky Pelican. If you see him you're already dead.

You decide if I'm a hero or a villain, I'm not gonna shame myself either way.
I'd be floating between hero, antihero and spectator. Villain? Wouldn't have the right attitude for that.

Let's say, I'd probably be a son of farmers, born and raised in the countryside of a dreamlike medieval-ish world: a quiet life bursting into adventure, due to an unusual turn of events.
A young boy forced to roam the world, when a weather disaster locks his family into poverty. The farmer becomes a ranger, learns to shoot a crossbow, takes on risky quests with a wandering fellowship and a faithful Animal Companion (hopefully a doggo, not a Huffer!).
He'd spend some years between successful skirmishes, folk songs at the local tavern, and a pathological incapacity to deal with the other sex. A world of political intrigues, ill-tempered monarchs and acts of sorcery will probably turn out to be too much for him: he'll meet an unmerciful fate somewhere far away, outnumbered at arms or executed before his greatest rival. Not before paying a last visit home, where he really belongs.
I am neither a hero nor a villain. I live in a cabin in the woods using nature to heal myself, feed myself and sustain myself.

I would probably have all manner of furry companions (wild dogs, cats, etc) roaming around my property. I care little for the state of the world and its politics.

Only when it starts to threaten MY way of life will I decide to take up arms.

I would spend my time writing my own stories, crocheting, playing Hearthstone, and whatever else tickles my fancy. And probably wine. Preferably berry wine.
02/25/2019 05:49 PMPosted by Gwyneth
I am neither a hero nor a villain. I live in a cabin in the woods using nature to heal myself, feed myself and sustain myself.

I would probably have all manner of furry companions (wild dogs, cats, etc) roaming around my property. I care little for the state of the world and its politics.

I would spend my time writing my own stories, crocheting, playing Hearthstone, and whatever else tickles my fancy. And probably wine. Preferably berry wine.

Gwyneth is the potion vendor.
QuakerPimp: Magic is Science yet to be explain :D
Right: Ninja Mercenary (problem is...are you a pandaren or murloc ninja?)
Blackveiled: the classic heroic adventurer
Gwyneth: The wise secluded

Seems like this post attracts heroes more than villains......
02/25/2019 05:49 PMPosted by Gwyneth

LUL you main hunter, you'd 100% be villain
I have no will. I'm the Vessel of Hakkar.
God does not play dice with the universe. I have no such shortcomings.

I am the Gambler, and RNG is my weapon. I can even loan it to you - for a price.

No refunds.
02/25/2019 07:36 PMPosted by Reaver
QuakerPimp: Magic is Science yet to be explain :D
Right: Ninja Mercenary (problem is...are you a pandaren or murloc ninja?)
Blackveiled: the classic heroic adventurer
Gwyneth: The wise secluded

Seems like this post attracts heroes more than villains......

Right would probably be my tracker. The stealth-acrobatics dude who always spots the traps and ambushes, and lives to see the whole party fall for them.

QuakerPimp would be the trigger to the final part of the storyline. Y'know, the wizard living in a library / owning a huge lab, who needs a retrieving squad to make sure that a certain chemical doesn't fall into the hands of the wrong guy.

At some point I'd find Gwyneth's cabin in the woods, asking her to keep my dog. Wouldn't want my loyal companion to follow me into the most dangerous of terrains.

And of course, Reaver is the bard. The last night at the saloon, Right and I play the guitar, while he sings his best. And promises our story won't be forgotten
HA HA!

(I ride into the road from the woods on my trusty steed!)

I am the Mysterious Challenger!

I will tell you two secrets!

In an alternate universe I know Right, from wrong.

And, Gwyneth is on my list!

Take this information and run with it!

(rides off in a random direction)
02/26/2019 05:23 AMPosted by Paf
HA HA!

(I ride into the road from the woods on my trusty steed!)

I will tell you two secrets!

In an alternate universe I know Right, from wrong.

And, Gwyneth is on my list!

Take this information and run with it!

(rides off in a random direction)

Take a number. I am on quite a few lists and yet....I am still here.
02/26/2019 12:54 AMPosted by blackveiled
Right would probably be my tracker. The stealth-acrobatics dude who always spots the traps and ambushes, and lives to see the whole party fall for them.

QuakerPimp would be the trigger to the final part of the storyline. Y'know, the wizard living in a library / owning a huge lab, who needs a retrieving squad to make sure that a certain chemical doesn't fall into the hands of the wrong guy.

At some point I'd find Gwyneth's cabin in the woods, asking her to keep my dog. Wouldn't want my loyal companion to follow me into the most dangerous of terrains.

And of course, Reaver is the bard. The last night at the saloon, Right and I play the guitar, while he sings his best. And promises our story won't be forgotten

I didn't know I could Sing....... are you sure the forum is ready to hear me sing?

02/26/2019 05:23 AMPosted by Paf

Even when I know what you would say..... I will still ask.........So, a heroic Mysterious Challenger or a Mysterious Challenger that embrace the darkness?

Your answer: "None of your business!"
---------------------------------

Seriously, where are all villainous maniacal overlords, crazy scientist, petty robbers, genius bringer of doom, baby bottle snatchers?????
02/26/2019 05:52 AMPosted by Reaver

Seriously, where are all villainous maniacal overlords, crazy scientist, petty robbers, genius bringer of doom, baby bottle snatchers?????

What do you mean? Check your bags...

No bottle!

(zing!)
I wouldn't be the hero or the villain. I'd be the hero's quirky sidekick.