Are there lots of new players going to wild suddenly?

Play Mode Discussion
I haven't played HS for awhile, went on wild ladder from rank 25-20, and noticed that a lot of people seem to have very new decks. Like, mostly classic cards and very few cards from any new expansions. I haven't played standard since we got formats, and I have to ask.. Is standard that bad?

Is standard so bad that you'd rather get stomped with more deck variety in wild than continue to play standard?
You can't drop down below rank 20 anymore. Not even at the start of a new season
I haven't played ladder in a long time. Although that does explain all the newbies if that's the way it is now.
02/17/2019 07:46 AMPosted by HighPants
You can't drop down below rank 20 anymore. Not even at the start of a new season
To add to this a bit, this only applies if you've been to rank 15 or beyond.
All are welcome in wild!! We do not discriminate. We do not care if you try with Std cards!

Enjoy the ride and the mode Called awesomeness and the devil called Big priest :-D

But its rly a fun mode..

So welcome
Standard is horrible right now. It's all aggro face rush or boardclears+otk. Wild is much more fun
I'm bored with standard for now so I've migrated to wild until the rotation hits. You don't fight so many otk decks in wild although the aggro decks are way faster then standard and rez priests are a bit overly popular in wild. It's more diverse and you can tell a lot of people are just experimenting around I've run into odd druids, some odd class fatigue decks, dragon shamans etc.
02/17/2019 06:30 AMPosted by Cyrohound

Is standard so bad that you'd rather get stomped with more deck variety in wild than continue to play standard?

In a nutshell, yes.
02/17/2019 12:14 PMPosted by Sikon
02/17/2019 06:30 AMPosted by Cyrohound

In a nutshell, yes.

at every level of of wild there is a lot of experimentation actively being used, more importantly wild doesn't really have a meta. anytime one starts to developed it shifts and the meta is crushed. this make wild always evolving where as standard is stagnate 2 weeks after the expansion when the best aggro deck is found.

so yes