Prophet Velen = quadruple damage?

Tavern Brawl Discussion
For some reason Prophet Velen seems to do both its double healing AND double damage when you heal an enemy while your Shrine's up, resulting in quadruple damage (no, I didn't have Clockwork Automaton or anything else, nor did my opponent have something that messes with healing or damage). Seems like first the healing gets doubled, then gets converted to damage, then gets doubled again because "the damage hasn't been doubled yet, only the healing".

Don't know if it only does this with Hero Power or also Spells though: I was dominated the entire game so I had to waste my Spells early to even get to 7 mana in the first place.
It works the same with the Clockwork Automaton by itself too, doing 8 damage.
Now I'm wondering what happens when both Velen and Automaton are up. Would that result in x2 x2 x2 x2 = x16 damage = 32 damage with the Hero Power?
Your hero power does double healing so it's gone from 2 to 4, now it is dealing damage going from 4 to 8. That's automaton and velen logic.
You never get to use it, though. Telanji is too slow.
Yeah another blatant bug from this week's brawl.

It's what we've come to expect from this small, indie company though, I'm sure when they get a little more capital to hire a proper staff they'll fix this sort of thing.
02/21/2019 08:27 PMPosted by Teron
You never get to use it, though. Telanji is too slow.

Actually, in the game I discovered this I would've been able to use it. Unfortunately I didn't know about this bug (man, that would've been an awesome comeback), so I wasted Clockwork Automaton too soon.
I actually got here searching for an answer, because I did 32 damage to the face expecting to do just 8. I had both Velen and Automaton together on board.
02/23/2019 12:27 PMPosted by Solarmande
Yeah another blatant bug from this week's brawl.

It's what we've come to expect from this small, indie company though, I'm sure when they get a little more capital to hire a proper staff they'll fix this sort of thing.

It's not really a bug though, it's a unexpected interaction. I literally explained how it works.
Its Kind of like how Velen+ Spirt Lash works. Without spell power you do 2 damage per thing and heal for 4 per thing. Its different than something like Auchenai which just makes all heal damage the shrine takes the heal and converts it to damage only when it targets an enemy so it checks Velen and Automaton twice first for base heal, Shrine Triggers coverts to damage, game sees damage now Velen and Automaton double it.
Spirit Lash is different though because the healing and damage are 2 separate instances, with the healing being based on the amount of damage dealt, so there it makes sense Velen would quadruple the amount healed. But for healing converted to damage (but still being the same instance), it doesn't make sense for the game to go "oh, it has converted from healing to damage, so double again!", because that specific instance has already been doubled.
02/25/2019 01:39 PMPosted by Zerfinity
Spirit Lash is different though because the healing and damage are 2 separate instances, with the healing being based on the amount of damage dealt, so there it makes sense Velen would quadruple the amount healed. But for healing converted to damage (but still being the same instance), it doesn't make sense for the game to go "oh, it has converted from healing to damage, so double again!", because that specific instance has already been doubled.

Do you not see the shrine Triggering when you target an enemy? Its the shrine that is causing the double dip and since it all falls under Hero Power it follows the text. So yes its kind of like Lash in reverse you heal first then get damage based off that heal. The shrine makes it 2 separate instances. Its never going to be fixed its just a weird extra effect from the Shrine. Now if the shrine was just Auchenai it wouldn't double dip. The shrine takes healing and only makes it damage when it targets an enemy. Notice how the shrine doesn't trigger when you target friendly.