Done to Death..

Play Mode Discussion
But somehow it needs to be done.. over and over and over again..

Big Priest in wild.

I am not one to fingerpoint fast or act like a dev or marketing..

But you philosophy means nothing if you keep a deck like that intact. Ive played it myself a lot to. So i am not clean of my sins to. I it does makes me know the deck and know it a total @hole deck to win or lose with.. it all comes down on turn 4 barnes or a sweet turn 6 to make most opponents lose on the spot.

Its a deck if you win againt. Make you feel lucky more then "skilled" and if you lose against.. you didnt stand a chance..

I am not going to talk about how you should nerf it.. because you guys d@mn well know it yourselves.

I am just asking to cleanse wild from one of the last reall polarising broken deck in wild..

You nerf shammy and odd rogue.. time to man up and take down Bigpriest.. its enough alrdy.

I cant even play it anymore because winning with it feels almost like cheating..

I wont expect any blues to react to it.. because they are to busy finding a new job!

Do your work Blizzard.
For them, cheating out big minions is a non-issue. Naga Sea Witch ran rampant in wild a while back, filling the board with 8/8 giants on turn 5 and in Blizzard's eyes that was "okay" because people love crazy "strategies" (as if that was a strategy that everyone came up with by themselves).
I bet you 100€ that the resurrection mechanic was never really planned to begin with. I bet that when 1/1s came back with full stats they thought "hey, that's really funny" and instead of fixing the problem with "minion copies" and the real minions getting resurrected, they put some oil on the fire by printing more and more revival cards. Big Priest is one of the best examples that some devs really sleep on their job and basically refuse to do the work they're paid for. The core set of the class is kinda underwhelming and now they have to continue giving priests crazier and crazier cards with every exp. to keep up.
02/24/2019 02:28 AMPosted by GetSchwifty
For them, cheating out big minions is a non-issue. Naga Sea Witch ran rampant in wild a while back, filling the board with 8/8 giants on turn 5 and in Blizzard's eyes that was "okay" because people love crazy "strategies" (as if that was a strategy that everyone came up with by themselves).
I bet you 100€ that the resurrection mechanic was never really planned to begin with. I bet that when 1/1s came back with full stats they thought "hey, that's really funny" and instead of fixing the problem with "minion copies" and the real minions getting resurrected, they put some oil on the fire by printing more and more revival cards. Big Priest is one of the best examples that some devs really sleep on their job and basically refuse to do the work they're paid for. The core set of the class is kinda underwhelming and now they have to continue giving priests crazier and crazier cards with every exp. to keep up.

Tho whole purpose of HS is to be a crazy game where anyfin can happen (yes, intended). Giants on turn 5, rogue OTK on turn 6, pirate warrior killing you on turn 4 etc. Those are perfectly fine scenarios. But people get butthurt by these scenarios and start ovaryacting (yep, intended as well) and start crying out loud as if this game means their life.
Seriously kids, it's a game, you don't have to take loses as personal attacks, they're experiences which happen in ALL games, not just HS. If you really don't like the way HS is designed, then feel free to quit and play something else. Life's too short and beautiful to waste it on things that make you unhappy.
02/24/2019 03:05 AMPosted by Andrei
If you really don't like the way HS is designed, then feel free to quit and play something else.

No. This is and always has been the worst possible response to criticism, and if the devs believed this way you would see Dean Ayala tweeting "Don't let the door hit you on the way out", not "How could we become your main game again?"
How to change rez mechanic though? (yes, I still believe rez mechanic is the problem, and should be changed. not Barnes, which I would say wouldn't change much). As it was mentioned in another thread, rezzing as 1/1 (or 5/5 even) but not rezzing the buffed status just screams inconsistency.

How about rezzed minion no longer stays, and can't get back in the rez pool? Or, graveyard, if that makes it easier to understand. 1/1 or 5/5 can be rezzed as full minion, but once they're rezzed, they can no longer be rezzed again even if it dies (as it's gone from the rez pool/graveyard, and can't get back in). If another 5/5 or the original minion dies, they can be rezzed (but again, can't be rezzed another time after that).

Is this making it unnecessary complicated? Maybe, as one would have hard time remembering which minion will be rezzed, and which are still in the rez pool (indication in the game of which minions are in the rez pool, maybe?). This may not gimp their initial swing, but will stop them from rezzing multiple times on the same token/minion.

Just a minor note though. If somehow this is in line with what Blizz does, dust refund might not be applicable as this was just a mechanic change. But that's still up to Blizz to decide.

I think they have stated (or at least hinted) several times they love these "crazy" interactions. The core of their design revolves around "fun", not balance. Sadly, the playerbase still doesn't get it and continue to demand a different game from what the devs envisioned.
02/24/2019 06:55 AMPosted by Chiong

I think they have stated (or at least hinted) several times they love these "crazy" interactions. The core of their design revolves around "fun", not balance. Sadly, the playerbase still doesn't get it and continue to demand a different game from what the devs envisioned.

The issue is both ways (I'll have an example below):
Yes.. Brode's calling card for Hearthstone was to do "wild and crazy" stuff as a way to both leverage the digital format and create something new (not a Magic clone) and, I think, to help alleviate the potential for 'Curvestone' that guaranteed mana creates. However, Team 5 has stated that they didn't expect HS to turn into what it did originally or have a competitive scene rise up around it (independent came before Blizzard).

So while yes, some players need to understand that there is an element of 'crazy' to HS that the dev team at least originally wanted (remember new leadership now) Team 5 must also adapt some to what HS has turned into and what, it appears, the 'core' player base wants more of. So both camps need to move to the middle a bit.

As for fun and wacky..... even Brode has limits. Remember he didn't want Shudderwock to release in the state it was in. It was a crazy card that allowed a lot of interesting mechanics but it was also detrimental to a degree.