Psa Don't play Jaraxxus

Play Mode Discussion
I feel a little guilty getting wins off of the Jaraxxus/Sacrificial Pact interaction post Demonic Project, so here is a warning.

Don't play him. It is a trap. Yes, I know you thought sitting behind two Enforcers you'd be fine with a 15 health cap and the demons would be helpful getting pressure before Rin went off. Yes, I know this interaction doesn't make any sense. Yes, he does seem to come up from Demonic Project very often. No, I don't think it is fair. Especially not to newer players. No, it isn't going to stop me from winning with it if I have to.
You win... BUT YOUR WORLD IS STILL DOOMED!

I don't care if it's a good card or not, I just love his emotes and overall flavor :D.
Nobody has been playing Jaraxxus since Bloodreaver Guldan came out. He already got powercreeped from every Warlock deck that was relevant.
02/15/2019 11:12 AMPosted by ThinIce
Nobody has been playing Jaraxxus since Bloodreaver Guldan came out. He already got powercreeped from every Warlock deck that was relevant.

He gets handed to people a lot as a result of Demonic Project. They presumably don't know about the huge liability he has, as a demon, that he (and thus you) can be killed with a single, zero-cost spell.
I got him from my own Demonic Project when I was playing a budget controlly warlock deck. He won me a game against odd warr. Budget deck so, I thought it unlikely I would win the value game. That was after I used DK Guldan btw, 30 hp to 15 hp, but didn't care as I had spellstone if I get dangerously low. Turns out, constant 6/6 is still preeeetty good, well, against passive decks that is.

In spite of this I must have claimed at least 20 lives over the years as Priest or Rogue using said method. Ahh, good times.
02/15/2019 12:13 PMPosted by sky3union
He won me a game against odd warr.

I don't think there's any other deck in the meta that JarJar is a relatively safe play against. And I wouldn't do it if it's the Quest version of Odd Warrior, the random 8 damage from their Hero Power is just too dangerous with 15 max health.

Most other competetive decks are either too fast or have too much burst for the 15 max health to be safe. And that's without thinking about Sacrificial Pact.
These are all RNG based uses of Jaraxxus. That's like saying Shadow Form is playable because it won me a game against a Rogue.

Would you really put Jaraxxus in a deck in this current meta? No. Would anyone put it in a deck in wild? No. Every other Warlock in Wild is already running Demonic Pact as part of their tech for MechaThun BS.
I have no idea why they allow this interaction, sacrificial pact should affect minions, since heroes shouldn't have family tags, otherwise hungry crab should work on morgl too
I am curious to know if jaraxxus is going to make a comeback when DK'Dan rotates out.
02/15/2019 10:33 AMPosted by RinseWizard
I feel a little guilty getting wins off of the Jaraxxus/Sacrificial Pact interaction post Demonic Project, so here is a warning.

Don't play him. It is a trap. Yes, I know you thought sitting behind two Enforcers you'd be fine with a 15 health cap and the demons would be helpful getting pressure before Rin went off. Yes, I know this interaction doesn't make any sense. Yes, he does seem to come up from Demonic Project very often. No, I don't think it is fair. Especially not to newer players. No, it isn't going to stop me from winning with it if I have to.

Downvoted, stop revealing my strategy .
Sincerely, Warlock main

Everyone plays Pact, it's been meta for like 2 years straight, maybe even 2/5-3 years straight.

Pact is expected, so it wouldn't surprise anyone if their J traded for it.

Who are you playing that doesn't-expect Sac Pact, or where did you get the idea Pact isn't ran all the time? It's a zero cost card...it's automatically valuable and not-the-worst pick bc it's zero...so it's not like you're running some totally-useless card...it's a zero cost with a bonus.

There... some rain on your parade, sorry.
02/15/2019 05:43 PMPosted by Thorodan

Everyone plays Pact, it's been meta for like 2 years straight, maybe even 2/5-3 years straight.

Who are you playing that doesn't-expect Sac Pact, or where did you get the idea Pact isn't ran all the time? It's a zero cost card...it's automatically valuable and not-the-worst pick bc it's zero...so it's not like you're running some totally-useless card...it's a zero cost with a bonus.

Judging by the way people play it, they don't know it opens your hero up to the one shot. It is a fairly obscure interaction that doesn't make much sense. Hence the sympathy.
02/15/2019 05:43 PMPosted by Thorodan

No, it wasn't really. It was added in some warlock decks in MSoG as a tech card against mirror matches. It didn't see much play prior to it. When highlander warlock died, Sac Pact disappeard from the meta along side with it. Post KotFT, Bloodreaver Guldan just took over Jaraxxus. Sac Pact only surfaced again after BP as a side by side tech with Demonic Project.
02/15/2019 08:12 PMPosted by RinseWizard
It is a fairly obscure interaction that doesn't make much sense.
It is. I heard some time ago that it indeed was an unintended interaction, but they decided to leave it as is because they thought it funny. Back then Sac Pact didn't see play so.