So..is bigpriest actually beatable?

Play Mode Discussion
Aggro does not work, since they summon things like 5/5 lifesteal with taunt and kill one of your minions. Then they resummon it twice. You lose.

Control doesn’t work since they can rezz their OP minions near infinitely.

Midrange doesn’t work, see aggro.

Is there even a way to defeat this opressive unfun deck?
Thief rogue is your best bet, cutlass version with oils. Thats only my personal opinion
That's true Cutlass with Vanish and Sap works well.
It felt dirty good to sap back their minions and burn their deck card by card with Mill Rogue.

Fight fire with fire!
02/26/2019 07:52 AMPosted by Tyani
Aggro does not work, since they summon things like 5/5 lifesteal with taunt and kill one of your minions. Then they resummon it twice. You lose.

Aggro Kingsbane Rogue literally feasts on Big Priest. The deck has over a 70% WR against Priest (73% when I deleted it).

It runs 2x Sap
Board Control doesn't matter after awhile to the deck as Kingsbane does work
Myra's Unstable Element can put A LOT of pressure on

Dragon Priest is roughly 50/50. Outside of Dragon Priest I don't think another Control deck is decent against it

Even Shaman, which is much mroe MR now in Wild, is still favored and is still a strong deck. Tier 1/2 area.

We'll need to see a full meta report but just sort HSR by Winrate in Wild and Big Priest isn't even Priests top decks and shows up page 4 on rank 5 - legend. The deck is an annoyance but unbeatable? Hardly and in the last meta report we had from Vs it was top of tier 2 if memory serves.

The most common deck right now where I am in Wild is Kingsbane Aggro Rogue and as long as that keeps increasing in playrate Big Priest will decline. The Priest has no real answers to the deck.
Im not saying go full mill on them in thief style. Tbh you can do them in without any sap and vanish with the right deck but if barnes pulls ysaari your pretty much done for. would recommend actually adding sap and vanish but only keep it for last resort or backup plan.
Gotta say it feels quite bad when you have to kill the same minion 5 times+

ressurect combined with cards like shadow essence to cheat high cost minions out, and shadow visions to gain extra ressurects is just op.

The only way as a control player to win versus decks like these is hope they draw badly.
Or have a very strong win condition yourself.
if their hand is full, your sap doesn't do anything since the minion dies and can be res
Just gonna bring it to you guys. Aggro rogue didn’t work, thief deck didn’t work, even shaman didn’t work..

Combo decks like this, anyfin paladin, anything with mechathun are truely ruining the game for me. In the truest sense of the word, it makes me want to stop playing. The devs’ lack of communication on this glaring issue makes the problem even worse, it just leaves the whole issue to guesswork. Are the devs inept? Are there not enough devs left? Are the devs lazy? Who knows! Without any communication, those degenerate combo decks will keep ruining the game experience.

It seems impossible to have fun in hearthstone anymore since everything loses to combo decks. They all have infinite lifegain, armorgain, removal, boardclears.....unless something drasticly changes in hearthstone, i feel like the game isn’t worth playing right now....if “playing” is even the right word in solitairestone.
I had a lot success with "thief" rogue (sap, vanish), midrange/rush warrior (spellbreaker, Leeroy) and dragon warrior (marsh drake, etc.).

P.S. I think odd paladin is good against big priest too, played few games, seems good (always keep owl in hand).
Aggro zihi rogue works. You can keep them at 6 mana for a long time. Sap's and vanishes are amazing especially if you are already using Valeera deathknight.

I found if you mulligan for espionage and prep on turn 1 as a thief rogue, you will usually win out the value game because priest takes a long time to set up their combo. By then your weapon might already by at 7 or 8 damage. They are very beatable as a rogue lately for me anyways.

02/26/2019 08:44 AMPosted by Jurke39
I had a lot success with "thief" rogue (sap, vanish), midrange/rush warrior (spellbreaker, Leeroy) and dragon warrior (marsh drake, etc.).

P.S. I think odd paladin is good against big priest too, played few games, seems good (always keep owl in hand).

I actually did quite well with dragon warrior with voone and dragon roar. I actually made the priest run out of value and rez's in the late game because i had clear after clear after i copied 4 crowd roaster's.

Its not a great deck against anything else, but it will destroy most priests.
02/26/2019 08:35 AMPosted by Tyani
Aggro rogue didn’t work

Try more than 2 games.

Honestly, I'm not saying that to be mean but the data literally shows Aggro Kingsbane being 75.8% against Priest and climbing according to the indicator on the deck. I am no longer paying for Premium access to HSR (as I decline my gaming time on HS) but that has to tell you something

https://hsreplay.net/decks/CUKTEUzOepVvEZXIKDRQJc/#gameType=RANKED_WILD&tab=overview
02/26/2019 09:00 AMPosted by Lykotic
02/26/2019 08:35 AMPosted by Tyani
Aggro rogue didn’t work

Try more than 2 games.

Honestly, I'm not saying that to be mean but the data literally shows Aggro Kingsbane being 75.8% against Priest and climbing according to the indicator on the deck. I am no longer paying for Premium access to HSR (as I decline my gaming time on HS) but that has to tell you something

https://hsreplay.net/decks/CUKTEUzOepVvEZXIKDRQJc/#gameType=RANKED_WILD&tab=overview

Gotta agree that i think that that strategy most likely will work yeah, the weapon will carry really hard.
02/26/2019 08:11 AMPosted by Lykotic
We'll need to see a full meta report but just sort HSR by Winrate in Wild and Big Priest isn't even Priests top decks and shows up page 4 on rank 5 - legend. The deck is an annoyance but unbeatable? Hardly and in the last meta report we had from Vs it was top of tier 2 if memory serves.

And again, statistics are provided, which collects 20-30% of players in the wild mode, or even less.

Is there even a way to defeat this opressive unfun deck?

Biggest problem with big priest isnt the winrate. Is just the fact that the win or loss depends completely on what he s gonna draw.
02/26/2019 10:03 AMPosted by FaboanGrosb
02/26/2019 08:11 AMPosted by Lykotic

And again, statistics are provided, which collects 20-30% of players in the wild mode, or even less.

So? The idea that you need to collect data on all (or even most) players for the result should to be meaningful is obvious nonsense to anyone who understands the basics of sampling. Assuming no systematic bias in data collection, a sample size of 30% of the population is more than enough to provide accurate estimates (assuming the population is bigger than, say, 100 cases).
i just concede every time after a t3 Barnes into Y'Shaarj, saves me from the plain frustration of having to put up with this every other game ;)

...it even got me to a point where i no longer want to play ranked, it's the exact opposite of fun and as such it negates the very essence of playing a game
02/26/2019 10:10 AMPosted by Madmax
So? The idea that you need to collect data on all (or even most) players for the result should to be meaningful is obvious nonsense to anyone who understands the basics of sampling. Assuming no systematic bias in data collection, a sample size of 30% of the population is more than enough to provide accurate estimates (assuming the population is bigger than, say, 100 cases).

100% is not needed, but less than 50% is also not relevant. All players who play in the wild mode will say that this deck is very common. In fact, the priest is represented by only one deck in the wild.
02/26/2019 10:29 AMPosted by FaboanGrosb
02/26/2019 10:10 AMPosted by Madmax

100% is not needed, but less than 50% is also not relevant.

You’re absolutely wrong.