After 5 years, almost 14k games played, I can barely bring myself to start the game anymore

Play Mode Discussion
Honest to christ, I hate this game so much right now.

All of the popular decks are 0% fun.

Wall priest? Snore
OTK decks? super snore
Aggro decks? super omega snore

I don't want to play with them, I don't want to play against them, anything. There's just such a lack of interaction amongst popular decks. AFK until you OTK, generate infinite value, etc.

It honestly makes me so mad I want to cry. I've been playing this game for so long, I have SO MUCH invested in it, and they have absolutely ruined it.
Is there an archetype you do enjoy playing?

If you don't enjoy wall priest, do you enjoy odd warrior? Control decks like big spell mage? Because those decks essentially have the same game plan; exhaust your opponent.

Then again, dismissing aggro as 'omega snore' was telling enough.
02/15/2019 09:47 PMPosted by AlvasViseron

Wall priest? Snore
OTK decks? super snore

I don't want to play with them, I don't want to play against them, anything. There's just such a lack of interaction amongst popular decks. AFK until you OTK, generate infinite value, etc.

It honestly makes me so mad I want to cry. I've been playing this game for so long, I have SO MUCH invested in it, and they have absolutely ruined it.

Perhaps try Wild then?

Until Rank 12 it is fairly open and you can play a lot of different stuff and it is fairly open. In addition, from my experience from r12 - r5 this month it appears the boogey-man of Wild, Big Priest, is getting knocked down some in playrate by Aggro Kingsbane Rogue which was the most common deck I saw under r8 for certain.

Just an option for ya =)
Maybe try miracle rogue? The current version runs 2 x Fan so it helps dealing with aggros. It’s decent against all forms of priest as well.
Understanding, especially if you're only playing Standard.

I played standard today as I'm sitting at rank 4 wild an I wasn't enjoying myself, nor any casual matchup's I had been queueing.

Built a homebrew version of Malygos Druid since I need Druid wins for final golden portrait. An figured standard low rank would be easy wins starting at rank 12. It took a couple versions to find a sweet spot for the deck (That 8 mana floop card is complete garbage). An my god how people find standard "fun" is totally baffling to me.

I can sum up anyone's typical experience with these decks.

The midrange huntard with beast draw card.
The "wall" priest deck thing.
Baku "SmOrc your face mage".
Odd Warrior with or without Taunt Quest.
Odd Paladin- only 2 games-.
Warlock was 2 even's an 1 cube.
An I saw 1 mechathun Druid.

Yup, standard has 4 very overplayed decks an then some random folks trying those pally,lock,druid. Zero shamans or rogues to been seen by me tonight going from only 12 to 8 but it wasn't fun.

Priest is very tiresome to fight, an the Warrior matchups dragged on. While I wish a couple of those rare matchups like Warlock were a breath of fresh air, getting hit with turn 3 an turn 4 mountain giant playing Druid really sucked the joy out of me. I can see the same for anyone in standard. Baku mage with the secrets to deny minions an spells an all the other cards are for face damage was suuuuurrreee fun... not. Thank God Druid has some stupid armor gain still possible lol.

I understand when I read your post not having any fun. Because the game is very hard to have fun at this stage. If you have no goals to push for just don't bother, I'm sorry to say it but it's true. I'm casually playing Warlock in wild an when it's not fun I say hey, can always work on Druid wins an I'll hopefully make progress towards that last golden Hero. I think people have only been logging on for that Lunar festival anyway an it's over now gg.
Just made legend with rush warrior. 60 % winrate r5-legend. Finally the archetype is competetive enough!
It's a fun deck, although abit costly,
It has great advantage vs odd pala. Is clearly favoured vs hunter and mage atm. 50/50 vs priests. Warlock is a close one too.
So far the more or less only hardcore counter is odd warrior.
I guess there are more playable decks out there if you look abit further. =)
As much as I hate the meta and agree with all of what Kibler has been saying, I have to admit that the meta is more diverse since the nerfs. I played a bit on ladder at rank 4 with discard warlock and didn’t run into a Priest, so that OTK, match decided at matchmaking feeling was not there.

I’m not sure what the perfect meta looks like, and I certainly don’t love this one, but I do hope the next one is as diverse.
If the same decks you liked 5 years ago were still meta, you would be feeling the same way

You are just bored of hearthstone, why don't you take a break?

Edit: I'm not being harsh by the way, it's an honest advice
02/16/2019 03:46 AMPosted by LittleSmall

This. Plenty of amazing games out there. Life is too short to waste it on a game you hate.
This game can drive people insane because it's shamefuly inbalanced and a lot of players love to BM you for no reason at all, just having their decks not nerfed
02/16/2019 03:53 AMPosted by Madmax

This. Plenty of amazing games out there. Life is too short to waste it on a game you hate.

Dang! I was 3 cards away from being done with the daily in one and then I could boot up Civ 6. Now I have to sit through another game of something. Hopefully just for 3 turns.
14K games thats some pretty hardcore time investment.

I am here since release too and have just above 5000 games played, already a lot imo.

At this moment I still like to tweak some decks and think about the game. I am looking at the topdecks, and really think they can be better. I mean, the new odd rogue doesnt even have Fledglings in it. What kind of mistake is that? And so there is more post-nerf decks to think about.

Then I still have some vague ideas about new decks to make.
But on a whole the game is a bit stale at this moment.

Only have been playing Patrons in wild for a bit lately. And havent really bothered climbing above rank2 in standard.
02/15/2019 11:15 PMPosted by Lykotic

Wall priest? Snore
OTK decks? super snore

Perhaps try Wild then?

Until Rank 12 it is fairly open and you can play a lot of different stuff and it is fairly open. In addition, from my experience from r12 - r5 this month it appears the boogey-man of Wild, Big Priest, is getting knocked down some in playrate by Aggro Kingsbane Rogue which was the most common deck I saw under r8 for certain.

Just an option for ya =)

Ehhh....aggro kingsbane rogue is just as irritating as big priest if not moreso. Wild isn’t much better.

See? This is the problem with this game right now and I feel the OPs pain in the same way. There are no more normal decks as in minion based decks that dare I say play on curve and look to mix it up, fight for the board, etc. those mid range style decks are 100% gone and useless. They can’t deliver enough damage fast enough or maintain boards with all of the stupid OTK Decks and their endless removal. And, they can’t keep up with hand puke aggro either. It’s disgusting.

I can’t believe we are here now with this game. It was so much fun and even losses felt honest. I never used to get mad at the game. Ever. Now? When you face some chicken Pooh deck like mecathun or gallery priest or whatever "sorry you lose" deck....it makes me thankful the game isn’t played live because I’d be in prison for felony murder.

It’s THAT bad.
Go play wild until the rotation hits yes standard has become dull. If you go play wild you'll fight mecha aggro, pirates decks, reno decks, rez priest, jade druids, cold light oracle decks, etc, etc.

I've been messing around with a dragon warrior with pretty good success. The good thing is about wild is the meta kinda is like a high tier casual meta where you don't fight too many otk decks. Lot of strong decks but not a terrible amount of otk.
02/16/2019 08:36 AMPosted by Mikey
See? This is the problem with this game right now and I feel the OPs pain in the same way. There are no more normal decks as in minion based decks that dare I say play on curve and look to mix it up, fight for the board, etc. those mid range style decks are 100% gone and useless. They can’t deliver enough damage fast enough or maintain boards with all of the stupid OTK Decks and their endless removal. And, they can’t keep up with hand puke aggro either. It’s disgusting.

Dragon Priest will fight for the board with minions for quite awhile and it is what I used to climb with in Wild. In addition Even Shaman is still competitive in Wild (tier 2 probably) and it is now more of a Midrange shell from what I have seen other using.

So I'd question saying Minion based strategies as dead because those are two good decks in Wild that are very minion and board centric decks.

Wall priest? Snore
OTK decks? super snore

Don't forget to add Odd Warrior and Skill Up to the snore fest.
[quote="207698978365"][quote="207698378377"]Honest to christ, I hate this game so much right now.

k....it makes me thankful the game isn’t played live because I’d be in prison for felony murder.

It’s THAT bad.

As opposed to misdemeanor murder?

To the op, have you tried arena?
Postet something similar yesterday. Most people complained.. i think most people on this forum are a bunch of biased A.S.S.H.O.L.E.S
02/16/2019 03:53 AMPosted by Madmax

This squared.

The meta does suck for many reasons. Part of which is SOOOO many cards.

Once the rotation comes you will get re-excited to try all the new garbage!
02/16/2019 06:45 PMPosted by BillDoor
Postet something similar yesterday. Most people complained.. i think most people on this forum are a bunch of biased A.S.S.H.O.L.E.S

Grow a backbone, why are people so affected by downvotes in this forum, likes on facebook and other BS like that, does the number of upvotws define a person? Come on...