Jan’alai is AFWULLY desighned.

Play Mode Discussion
02/25/2019 08:12 AMPosted by Wardrum
02/25/2019 08:07 AMPosted by Mullvaney

Which is a shame; it's awesome bait... Drop it on turn 7 or 8, get 8 damage, and watch your opponent use up resources to get rid of it. Next turn, drop FLJ (coin into FLJ is also fun), and use the Jan'Alai body to either clear a minion or hit face.
It's true. I run Jan'alai in my BSM deck and *love* it. Also, Daring Fire-Eater makes for fantastic spot removal for the early/mid-game when you need to axe something but don't wanna waste your aoe.

I still miss Medivh and Firelands Portal, but this is probably the most I've enjoyed the deck since before last year's rotation.

And that's about the time she walked away from me...what I want more of is my t.v shows...whats my age again? What's my age again?

All kidding aside, it depends on what deck I am playing. As mostly Hunter, Frost Lich Jaina+Rag is a nightmare.

Add to that the constant Blizzards, Frostbolts and such, I've been losing interest in Hearthstone as the days go by because it seems pointless to even play my favorite class because of Frost Lich Jaina.

Now, you have Ragnaros to worry about and after that, FLJ, which you're helpless because your removal was used to get rid of Ragnaros...

That being said, I understand a lot of people feel the same about DK Rexxar. I respect that and I think that once the DKs are gone, the game will be fun again.

However, my fear is the metagame will switch from Deathknights to Even/Odd decks taking over the metagame...and Genn/Baku will just become the neutral Deathknights...and the whole cycle of misery will repeat itself.

Hopefully, rotation+new xpac will help me enjoy the game again. I was barely able to power through 2/3 quests today...and this comes from a player who clears her quest every day and tries to earn an extra 10-30 gold throughout the day.

Facing Death Knights (for me) just hurts my soul.
02/25/2019 02:17 PMPosted by Gwyneth

However, my fear is the metagame will switch from Deathknights to Even/Odd decks taking over the metagame...and Genn/Baku will just become the neutral Deathknights...and the whole cycle of misery will repeat itself.

Hopefully, rotation+new xpac will help me enjoy the game again. I was barely able to power through 2/3 quests today...and this comes from a player who clears her quest every day and tries to earn an extra 10-30 gold throughout the day.

Facing Death Knights (for me) just hurts my soul.

The reason I love my FLJ deck so much is not because it wins so much- it often does poorly against aggro- but because it’s super fun to play. FLJ is the first legendary card I got, about a year and a half ago, and I’ve been playing the same deck with her in it since then. I’ve based many crafting decisions on what works with her, & I’ve tweaked it often to cope with the meta (I took out an anti-secret tech to put Jan’alai in). I know it like I know my house. I’ll be very sad when it rotates.

That said, I agree that the rotation needs to happen; I also agree that the odd/even decks will be stronger than ever, unless there is a lot of cool stuff in the next xpac. In the meantime, I ladder until I can’t stand it anymore (which is why I never rank higher than 14) & make up wacky decks for wild to do quests with.
I see the main argument is that rag was HoFed for consistency.
I disagree.
I think it was HoFed because highrolling a few turns in a row won unwinnable games and low rolling was BAD (but not bad enough)
If that’s the case, then why’d they bring back an RNG based card?(I know there are some more RNG dependent cards, but none have ever been such a staple as rag.)
I see the main argument is that rag was HoFed for consistency.
I disagree.
I think it was HoFed because highrolling a few turns in a row won unwinnable games and low rolling was BAD (but not bad enough)
If that’s the case, then why’d they bring back an RNG based card?(I know there are some more RNG dependent cards, but none have ever been such a staple as rag.)

... Probably because that's not the reason?

"When cards show up too frequently in decks and are considered auto-includes, deck-building becomes more limited. Deck variety stagnates, potentially interesting build-around cards fall by the wayside, and the gameplay experience begins to feel less dynamic. Most cards should feel like situational additions to a deck, depending on the deck archetype the player is trying to build.

To help meet our goals, certain cards from the Classic set will become exclusive to the Wild format. These cards will be added to the new Hall of Fame set, which will also include cards that are currently in the Reward set. "

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/20475356/
Mages just can't win, can they?

They get powerful spells, people whine.

They get a powerful Death Knight, people whine.

They get a powerful minion, people whine.
02/25/2019 06:21 PMPosted by Swift
Mages just can't win, can they?

They get powerful spells, people whine.

They get a powerful Death Knight, people whine.

They get a powerful minion, people whine.

#HunterLife