Does anyone else honestly kinda hate the game now but feel tied to it?

Play Mode Discussion
Go f2p, do your dailies, and only buy packs the day of release and you will get 90+ packs without spending a dime.

I highly recommend it.
02/04/2019 11:33 AMPosted by AlvasViseron
I know it's 100% sunken cost fallacy, and walking away is the right move, but I just have so much time and money in this game.

It's just SO. BAD. I play standard, it sucks, I play wild, it sucks, I play arena, which is fun for a bit and then I either run out of gold or get a horrible draft.

Just such a crap experience from every perspective.

Right now I'm spending a tremendous amount of time on the forum compared to in the game, and I'm not even averaging 1 post per day right now. For me it has nothing to do with not enjoying the game, but with my hometown burning down a couple of months back. Kinda put a damper on, well, everything.

However, reason for inactivity doesn't really matter does it? One of the positives of this game is that while I'm inactive, it's free. If I get some time to play a round or two with a friend, I can. If I want a pack of the new set, I can just log in and do the 3 dailies and get 1, often alongside a tavern brawl pack too.

If the situation changes, mine or yours, the quests and gold offer an entry point for free where we can start building up again. Buying more or playing a game you dislike just because you've already spent is the fallacy. There is no problem with playing in a manner or amount you enjoy, or checking on something you already bought previously after some kind of change (a new set, some time doing something else, whatever) though.
Play a different game. On pc it has been total warhammer 2 for me and civ 4.

Ok mobile this game is still my best form of time waster.
https://imgur.com/a/5LCzOoj
Todays Quest. Play 20 Hunter cards. Well at least its not win X amount of games with Y class.

1st Opponent Mage.

Turn 9 yep. Lich Queen Jaina.

And they say there is randomness to this game. :)

1 or 2 more games and I should be done for the day woot!
I know it's 100% sunken cost fallacy, and walking away is the right move, but I just have so much time and money in this game.

It's just SO. BAD. I play standard, it sucks, I play wild, it sucks, I play arena, which is fun for a bit and then I either run out of gold or get a horrible draft.

Just such a crap experience from every perspective.

Recently I quit a gacha game I was playing for like 2 years.

Couple last months I was finding it a chore to even do the dailies.

But I was thinking like you, "I have an almost full collection", "so much time spent already", and etc.

Finally, I realised that my time now is much more valuable than time already spent.

Same thing with HS when I quit 1+ years ago.

Yes, it was hard coming back with basically 0 cards from knights till now, but it only took like a month and half my saved up dust to manage 3+ current decks (plus enough meme ones) and start on the foundation for future decks after the rotation.
Raises hand...
Never had an issue walking away from a game I didn't enjoy, I don't quite understand how people get THIS attatched to a game. Not hating or judging, but I am not gonna pretend I understand why people have this issue. There are so many games available nowadays and plenty of digital CCGs on the mobile to boot. Just play those if you have to have a digital CCG. Again no ill will meant just being honest. I played MTG for years, dropped it when I got tired of it, and I have had struggles with addiction in other areas just not games. Just take a break man, you don't have to only play HS 24/7.
Never had an issue walking away from a game I didn't enjoy, I don't quite understand how people get THIS attatched to a game.

Sunken Costs ... I stopped playing HS even though I spent allot of money on it in the last 5 years. I would of stopped way earlier if I had put less money in my collection.

I get you OP, I really do, play casual or ladder, tavern brawl, or whatever, it all just feels like a hassle

a game is supossed to be fun, but this game is just tilting in every aspect, even the forums are tilting, and specially the devs direction

I know there's nothing binding me to this game except the packs I've bought and hours spent but I liken that to going out to party or eating a burger: the money you paid for it was already consumed in a pleasent time -yet I feel obliged to keep coming and tilting again and again, is frustrating
https://imgur.com/a/COaW8EG

Huh interesting - next match - Mage
Turn 9

Lich Queen Jaina. Its as almost if its programmed to do this. But they swear its not.
02/05/2019 11:10 AMPosted by nimabi
https://imgur.com/a/COaW8EG

Huh interesting - next match - Mage
Turn 9

Lich Queen Jaina. Its as almost if its programmed to do this. But they swear its not.

As a Mage if I'm playing Big Spell Mage and facing against priest you realize it'd be more rare for me to NOT have Jaina as I am hard mulliganing for it PLUS get 9 cracks at drawing it.

Some of your posts show what an intelligent player should be trying to have happen >.>
Sorta does feel like WoW now where up until recently (I unsubbed 3 days ago), I just felt like I had to log in daily to do the emissaries... Just doing dailies now and grinding my last two heroes to golden.
Over the years I have spend several thousand dollars on WoW and MTG. I barely play WoW anymore and my MTG binder and decks haven't been touched in over a year, but why would I begrudge it? I got endless enjoyment from the games when I DID play them, and they'll always be there when I decide to pick them back up!a I've put plenty of money into hearthstone but when I get bored, I don't feel bad about leaving the game until a new card or deck comes out that piques my interest. With hearthstone in fact I had 2 or 3 "deals" worth of cards just sitting waiting to be opened for months- Jeklik was what brought me back actually, discolock's always been a fascination of mine XD

Bottom line, DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED TO STAY. You'll burn yourself out. Leave. Take a break. Do something you'll ENJOY. Chances are sometime in the future some kickass new card or deck will come out, you'll read about it in passing and it'll be a whole new game when you come back. Or maybe that won't happen.

But you've already HAD the enjoyment you paid for with hearthstone. You paid for it. You experienced it. It'll still be there for you to enjoy when/if hearthstone DOES interest you again.
I don't hate it.. I hate that OTHER people hate it.. Everyone of us has a hero class that we hate, or is hated by others.. That's how this game keeps rolling.. If there were ZERO conflict, HS would not exist as it does. If at all..
I clear out my quest list and buy a pack every so often but I'm not having as much fun as I used to. The games I play are just frustrating to get through sometimes but other times I'll have a really fun game which reminds me of the potential this game has. Its hit or miss.

I've been playing Elder Scrolls: Legends more and have a lot more fun playing that some days but I still want Hearthstone to succeed because I love the Warcraft universe.
As blackveiled has said before, I've stayed f2p since the beta. Partly because I knew that I'd get tired of the game one day, and partly because I have other, more important things to spend my money on.

I picked up Magic: the Gathering Arena, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants more complexity and better balance. Skill plays a much larger role in MTGA, and there are very few decks that really get on my nerves, unlike the current OTK meta that makes me glad I didn't come back.
Sorry to say this, three of my friends have quit...
Ill admit its rare to find a fun game win or lose. It seems like each games' win condition is gimmicky and just un-interactive / un-fun.
02/06/2019 12:30 PMPosted by SolutionS
Ill admit its rare to find a fun game win or lose. It seems like each games' win condition is gimmicky and just un-interactive / un-fun.

It seems like it because it is. IT IS LITERALLY ALL OTK ALL THE TIME.