Taking 4 Mind Blasts is so fun, you know

Play Mode Discussion
Man Control Priest must be reaaally hard to use.
-Building a board full of small minions? Lemme use Mass Hysteria or Psychic Scream and put some rubbish back in your deck
-Building a board full of big minions? Lemme rip that big boi Anduin and rekt your sht boi
Summoning big minions one at a time? Too bad, I have Shadow Word: Death
-Almost dead? Lemme pull off some Spirit Lash shenanigans and some Reno-like !@#$
-Your HP past 30? Lemme pull off my Alex and hp down to 15
-Managed to have lethal? Too bad, I have 4 Mind Blasts in my hand (that can be in combination with Velen)

A Control Deck with OTK capability. Reaaaally fun you know
Control Priest doesn’t run Velen or Spirit Lash (and Death/Mass Hysteria only sometimes). You’re thinking of Clone Priest.
02/10/2019 04:23 AMPosted by Madmax
Control Priest doesn’t run Velen or Spirit Lash (and Death/Mass Hysteria only sometimes). You’re thinking of Clone Priest.

I don't know if you're aware but some of them run only Velen without the Big Package
02/10/2019 04:26 AMPosted by Path

I don't know if you're aware but some of them run only Velen without the Big Package

That seems like a great way of getting your face punched in, unless you’re playing against nothing but (non-Quest) Odd Warrior. Particularly if you’re also running both Psychic Scream AND Mass Hysteria.
hit legend with priest few weeks ago its soo good

velen always has been a decent card,even for a mediocre finish of 10 or 14 its not horrible.
A finisher's fine;

A finisher which can be carried out Turn 9 or 8 with coin consisting of Clone Gallery into Velen, Malygos and 2 Radiant Elementals for 40+ fricking damage (while "rare") is not fine;

reason why, if anything, there really should have been Mind Blast @3 Mana in that (im)balance update, rather than fricking Flametongue Totem.
I feel that, unfortunately, it is time for mind blast to go to the HoF. I mean, Shadow Visions pushes it over the top (Alex into triple MB, anyone?), but it has such an ability to pair with Velen and Malygod that it is too versatile.

Besides, Blizz loves to Nerf classic cards.
02/10/2019 05:16 AMPosted by Lascellius
I feel that, unfortunately, it is time for mind blast to go to the HoF. I mean, Shadow Visions pushes it over the top (Alex into triple MB, anyone?), but it has such an ability to pair with Velen and Malygod that it is too versatile.

Velen+Malygos combo only really works with resurrection spells. HOF'ing Mind Blast because of the Clone Gallery combo doesn't seem to make a lot of sense since most of the cards currently enabling that combo (particularly Shadow Visions) are rotating soon.

EDIT: as for nerfing Mind Blast to 3 mana... sure, why not? It's not like the 16-dmg Anduin+MB burst is going to stick in Standard for much longer anyway.
the win condition isn't that easy and the deck can be tricky to play I don't think any of it needs a nerf tbh.
Cloning gallery is the problem and alex
02/10/2019 04:20 AMPosted by Path
-Building a board full of small minions? Lemme use Mass Hysteria or Psychic Scream and put some rubbish back in your deck
-Building a board full of big minions? Lemme rip that big boi Anduin and rekt your sht boi
Summoning big minions one at a time? Too bad, I have Shadow Word: Death
-Almost dead? Lemme pull off some Spirit Lash shenanigans and some Reno-like !@#$
-Your HP past 30? Lemme pull off my Alex and hp down to 15
-Managed to have lethal? Too bad, I have 4 Mind Blasts in my hand (that can be in combination with Velen)

A Control Deck with OTK capability. Reaaaally fun you know

You should try playing the deck yourself. Control decks like these are often difficult to master and require you to read your opponent very well.

What deck were you using?
Play odd warrior if you’re running into a lot of control priest. But if your running into junk priest decks that run velen, swd, spirit lash I don’t know what to tell you. Sounds like you lost to a trash deck.

If you aren’t rezzing velen and you can’t discount your mind blasts he’s a pointless card to run.
QQ I lost to a priest.

The class is gutted at rotation. Stop complaining and adapt

The truth is both control and gallery priest take an exceptional amount of skill whether or not you like to admit it. They are the hardest decks in the format atm. Dowvote all you want but it won't change the truth

Get real they aren't nerfing a balanced deck just because the meta shifted in a favorable way for it

02/10/2019 05:03 AMPosted by Rassy

velen always has been a decent card,even for a mediocre finish of 10 or 14 its not horrible.
velen saw 0 play until Raza priest. So that's false
Death Knights and Quest rewards push the solutions manual to OTK.
OTKs also have too low of a bar, such as not involving emperor.

You can blame OTK's sure, they are too easy to assemble no-doubt, but DK's n Quests shove your problem solving to OTK. They are so powerful they warped the game and in Wilds case forever.

imagine how many OTK's there will be in WIld because of how DK's n Quests don't leave that format and have a tight-grip on stuff like traditional-control decks and midrange decks.

How is WIld supposed to take on DK Rex forever? DK Dan n Shivers?
OTK is one of two ways and If OTK's don't require a lot of setup, that's not cool.
WIld has Shadowstep your light to delete OTK's.
So its like...play aggro or play death knight.
Your shadow coldlight abuse 2 carder early loses to aggro, but beats those trying to deckbuild against DK's n Quests by going OTK.
Your OTK beats Death Knight decks and Quests, but loses to shadow-light and aggro.

Bad design devs. Stop printing Death Knights, do something about them, and stop nerfing Classic set instead of the Death Knights and baku/genn that caused these supercharged decks.
Expansion cards can be a problem, its not like its all Classic's fault every time right?
I've been playing/playing against control priest a good amount and getting mind blasted 4 times as the finisher is usually not how I lose/win.

This is because when I play Shadow Visions or Firetree Witchdoctor I usually have to pick something other than mind blast in order to prolong the game. I can't just choose something that only hits face and gives no other value and expect to make it to the late game.
02/10/2019 04:20 AMPosted by Path

[/quote]

Why don’t you try piloting the deck and tell us how you do? I’ll even point you to an optimized version rather than the garbage deck you described in your whine post.

Let us know how easily you ranked up with it.
02/10/2019 07:56 AMPosted by HailFall
QQ I lost to a priest.

The class is gutted at rotation. Stop complaining and adapt

[/quote]

People seem to forget that after rotation, these cards are still available in Wild format... Even though I never play Wild, it's still not cool.

In my opinion, ALL OTK decks should not be playable until at least the very end of your deck. It's just stupid that you can get someone from 30 health to dead (either via destroy opponent or via burst damage) in less than 20 turns.

It feels like !@#$ to play against a deck that you can do NOTHING to counter... you know what's coming and there's nothing you can do. What's the point of playing?
02/10/2019 08:28 AMPosted by FemmeNikita
People seem to forget that after rotation, these cards are still available in Wild format... Even though I never play Wild, it's still not cool.

Not being a Wild player, I can't say for sure, but: Wild also has a lot more tools to counter OTK decks, so it doesn't seem like OTK decks are really an issue there. Most complaints I see about Wild are about Big Priest.
It feels like !@#$ to play against a deck that you can do NOTHING to counter... you know what's coming and there's nothing you can do. What's the point of playing?[/quote]

This basically sums up what I hate right now. Same for running into Mecha’thun decks without Mojomaster Zihi.

The outcome is decided at matchmaking stage...