Bad text on Elixir of Hope

Bug Report
Please change the text on elixer of hope.

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Elixir_of_Hope

The text leads the player to believe that the spell can be cast on the opponent's creature, then shadow word death'd, then will return to "your" hand. When trying this play, the creature will actually return to the opponent's hand. The text on the card should say "owner's hand" instead of "your hand" to be clear.
02/19/2019 12:28 AMPosted by Chugs
Please change the text on elixer of hope.

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Elixir_of_Hope

The text leads the player to believe that the spell can be cast on the opponent's creature, then shadow word death'd, then will return to "your" hand. When trying this play, the creature will actually return to the opponent's hand. The text on the card should say "owner's hand" instead of "your hand" to be clear.

I wouldn't be surprised if the kind of loopy logic used to justify Molten Giant's poor wording is presented to claim the wording is correct. (This includes down votes) :-(

Edit: Oh look we already got one. Wonder how many other defenders of bad text we will get.
If it said "Give a minion +2/+2. When it dies, return it to your hand", you'd have a point (and that'd actually be a pretty interesting card design.... Hmmm...). As it is now, it reads "Give a minion +2/+2 and 'Deathrattle: Return this minion to your hand.'" The "your" is within the quoted text as part of the Deathrattle.

As the text says, the minion gains "Deathrattle: Return this minion to your hand." And in a Deathrattle, "your" refers to the person who controls the minion.
02/19/2019 10:18 AMPosted by Jetz
If it said "Give a minion +2/+2. When it dies, return it to your hand", you'd have a point (and that'd actually be a pretty interesting card design.... Hmmm...). As it is now, it reads "Give a minion +2/+2 and 'Deathrattle: Return this minion to your hand.'" The "your" is within the quoted text as part of the Deathrattle.

As the text says, the minion gains "Deathrattle: Return this minion to your hand." And in a Deathrattle, "your" refers to the person who controls the minion.

This explanation does not fit cards like Freezing Trap, Vanish, and Kidnapper which explicitly state that the card will be returned to the owner's (not your) hand. Sap even has the convoluted "Return an enemy minion to your opponent's hand." rather then 'Return an enemy minion to your hand'.

As I said before this is the kind of loopy logic used to justify Molten Giant's poor wording is presented to claim the wording is correct. As far as proper English the card is not behaving they way the text reads and no amount of downvoting is going to change that.
First: I don't think anyone on this forum cares about downvotes. Well, except for the group of sorry individuals that apparently get a kick out of clicking a button and then feeling superior. If I were in charge, a forum intended for reporting bugs would never have an upvote/downvote feature.

Second: There is no need to discuss this further. You reported what you thought to be a bug. You got an explanation that this is in fact intended behaviour, and then you responded that the card wording is confusing. Though confusing wording is not really a bug, it is something Blizzard looks for when reading this forum, so that feedback has now been received. Whether or not they'll decide to change the wording is up to them now.

Third: You mention that Molten Giant has incorrect or confusion wording. For the reason explained above, I invite you to elaborate on that.