Suggestion limit 1 hero card used per deck

Play Mode Discussion
I am making this thread mainly regarding hunters in ladder for standard. I have noticed that one of the popular hunter decks runs both DK Rexxar and Zuljin and that it in my opinion, being able to play both gives the player a lot of value from those cards. I can handle the minions that hunters receive from their hero power, but once Zuljin comes out especially when they are using secrets along with lesser spellstone, I almost always lose because it's late game and I have already used more than half of my deck. I think it's also worth mentioning that not all classes even have access to two hero cards, so being able to play two in a match when the other player can only play one hero seems rather unfair.

You might be thinking that I should be talking about the other classes that have access to two hero cards such as shaman and warrior, but the value they receive when they play both in the same game is definitely not as beneficial compared to when a hunter plays both DK Rexxar and Zuljin.

I would like to suggest if Blizzard would consider a nerf to limit one hero card being used per deck.
I'm looking forward to the day when I can build a deck of 30 Herocards.
Sure. When/if it actually becomes a problem at some point in the distant future.

In Wild. Since I doubt it'll become a problem in Standard with cards rotating out regularly.

You know that all the Death Knight hero cards are rotating out in a couple of months, right?
What about no?

No one would say that if they weren't hero cards.
Sorry to say but synergy exist and it isn't only allowed but is also funny.
02/19/2019 04:13 AMPosted by wannabehero
You might be thinking that I should be talking about the other classes that have access to two hero cards such as shaman and warrior, but the value they receive when they play both in the same game is definitely not as beneficial compared to when a hunter plays both DK Rexxar and Zuljin.

The only deck that plays both Deathstalker Rexxar and Zul'jin (ie. Spell Hunter) is a Tier 3 deck at best (and much more likely a Tier 4 deck). It has fairly poor matchups against almost every Tier 1 deck and bad matchups against a decent portion of Tier 2 decks.

Zul'jin doesn't show up in any of the most played (and highest winrate) Hunter decks. He just doesn't synergize enough with them to be a solid inclusion. And he definitely does not synergize with Deathstalker Rexxar, if anything it's closer to anti-synergy. Zul'jin is a (hopefully) massive tempo turn and a mediocre Hero Power, while Deathstalker Rexxar is a moderate tempo swing (but only if the opponent has minions) for a long term grind value Hero Power.

In any match where you'd want to play both, playing Deathstalker first only makes sense if you really need to switch back to a slightly upgraded version of the basic Hunter Hero Power.
So what about Hero upgrades outside of Hero-cards? is that forbidden too when there are too many of it? Like Warrior uses Sulfuras and Scourgelord at the same deck.

I would say it's totally fine to have multiple hero-cards and hero-power changing cards.
02/19/2019 04:57 AMPosted by WingedKagout
02/19/2019 04:13 AMPosted by wannabehero

The only deck that plays both Deathstalker Rexxar and Zul'jin (ie. Spell Hunter) is a Tier 3 deck at best (and much more likely a Tier 4 deck). It has fairly poor matchups against almost every Tier 1 deck and bad matchups against a decent portion of Tier 2 decks.

Zul'jin doesn't show up in any of the most played (and highest winrate) Hunter decks. He just doesn't synergize enough with them to be a solid inclusion. And he definitely does not synergize with Deathstalker Rexxar, if anything it's closer to anti-synergy. Zul'jin is a (hopefully) massive tempo turn and a mediocre Hero Power, while Deathstalker Rexxar is a moderate tempo swing (but only if the opponent has minions) for a long term grind value Hero Power.

In any match where you'd want to play both, playing Deathstalker first only makes sense if you really need to switch back to a slightly upgraded version of the basic Hunter Hero Power.

I should have mentioned specifically Zuljin being used in spell hunter decks. Zuljin is a mediocre card, but the way the card is designed, it is not meant to be played on it's own. The hero power is worse than Deathstalker Rexxar's. Most players, if not all should only use him for the initial effect when he is played. That's the main issue I have with that card. Players use Zuljin as a safety net to get back their secrets and to fill the board with 3/3 wolves. which is played in such a way that make the turn Zuljin is played on feel like a win condition.

However, if what you say is true about spell hunter not being a top tier deck, (especially after the nerf to lesser spellstone) in comparison to other decks such as secret odd mage and midrange hunter, then I will believe that it's just a personal problem that I am having and that I will have to adjust.
02/19/2019 04:41 AMPosted by minami
What about no?

No one would say that if they weren't hero cards.
Sorry to say but synergy exist and it isn't only allowed but is also funny.

Pardon me, but would you elaborate on your comment? I'm not fully comprehending on what you have typed.
02/19/2019 05:02 AMPosted by Warsong
So what about Hero upgrades outside of Hero-cards? is that forbidden too when there are too many of it? Like Warrior uses Sulfuras and Scourgelord at the same deck.

I would say it's totally fine to have multiple hero-cards and hero-power changing cards.

I actually forgot about the hero powers that are obtained through baku/ greymane and quest cards, well specifically the hero upgrades from warrior. I see plenty of baku paladins. I can agree that Scourgebane in conjunction with the hero power that deals 8 damage to a random enemy can be troublesome.

Thank you for bringing that up.