The main reason Genn and Baku are absolute trash - deck diversity.

Play Mode Discussion
Genn and Baku kill deck diversity. This is seen by the devs printing cards that are obviously being targeted for even and odd decks. Cards like daring fire eater and jan alai for mage. They also need to consider odd and even decks when crafting every card. Is it going to be overpowered in odd paladin? It is going to completely trash up the meta even more?

This leads to the same decks over and over again and completely kills experimentation within the meta. Cards like daring fire eater are not going to be good in any other mage deck than odd. Having a 1/1 for one that lets your hero power deal 2 damage for a single turn is terrible. This then forces the meta into even more genn and baku decks. Then you have the nerfs to odd and even cards that then weaken decent cards in a vanilla hearthstone deck which then favors genn and baku.

For the health of this game, they need to trash genn and baku. They need to do a huge dust refund for next expansion. If not, the meta is just going to be flooded with the same odd and even decks that just win due to hero powering every turn thereby killing any type of meaningful experimentation outside of odd and even.
Uh... I don’t disagree with the broader point, but Daring Fireeater is used in both Odd and non-Odd Big Spell Mage. That +2 damage can be pretty useful with Frost Lich Jaina’s hero power.
I don't disagree w/ your observations Op, but I'll ask you.. so what?

The only diversity being killed is not being able to put an odd card in an even deck and vice versa.

If you want to mix them up, you can. Here...

Class restrictions kill deck diversity. This is seen by the devs printing cards that are obviously being targeted for Certain classes. Cards like daring fire eater and jan alai for mage. They also need to consider neutral card decks when crafting every card. Is it going to be overpowered in paladin? It is going to completely trash up the meta even more?

Why can't I have hunters mark and blessing of kings in my mage deck!

Make an odd, even or both deck, hmm, sounds like MORE diversity.
So what if a hero power just wins you the game? Take odd paladin for example. You either need to keep up with their infinite 2 1/1 minion generation or the game runs away from you very quickly. Or how about odd warrior that just armors up every single turn and many times takes the game to fatigue just by virtue of hero power.

It's an upgraded infinite resource that you can't stop. Games shouldn't be decided by a hero power. Odd paladin is still going to be a tier 1 deck next expansion. Not because of the cards that are made to facilitate good deck building, but because of a hero power. That's terrible design in my opinion.

Genn and Baku absolutely kill deck diversity. I accept that different heros are going to have different cards to keep that deck the hero flavor.
02/20/2019 06:19 AMPosted by MoarRNGplz
obviously being targeted for even and odd decks

well cards costs can only be odd or even
02/20/2019 06:43 AMPosted by Boreas
02/20/2019 06:19 AMPosted by MoarRNGplz
obviously being targeted for even and odd decks

That's a great observation. You can count. The problem is that they have to keep the power levels in check for even and odd cards. Meaning they can't print a really good 4 drop if it's too powerful in an even deck. Thereby nerfing vanilla decks.
02/20/2019 06:47 AMPosted by MoarRNGplz
02/20/2019 06:43 AMPosted by Boreas

That's a great observation. You can count. The problem is that they have to keep the power levels in check for even and odd cards. Meaning they can't print a really good 4 drop if it's too powerful in an even deck. Thereby nerfing vanilla decks.

That should have been your OP, not the rant. It explains your true concern way better.

I just don't know if I agree. You have a better example?

I guess I can see a paladin card 3/3 give all your minions +2 attack not being printed because it synergies way too well w/ the hero power.

So I guess the "weight" would be weighed ONLY against the hero powers because that's the only thing that changes.
Genn and baku are unsolvable.

That because they aren't even overpowered. It is just that they are really predictable and take the base of the power curve of a deck above in trade of loss powerspykes.

They in fact not have balance issues. It is just that it is boring in the long term due to being predictable.

And it isn't fault of blizzard or anyone here. It is really a fatality if you see the full picture behind they creation.

That because make decks more consistent and less dependant of card draw was the feedback at said time.

That not means that blizzard has no fault because baku and genn are just the extreme opposite and they should not do full 180 flips in the game like that.
Just that people need to think more before say that RNG is just bad.
did we ever have so many different tier 1 decks before grenn and baku?
Genn and Baku kill deck diversity but in the way most think.

Basically, if a class has a strong hero power it's decks must be Odd, Even, or have extremely powerful combos. General deck building need not apply.
Honestly, I think Death Knights do more to kill diversity. When is the last time you played a mage deck that didn’t include FLJ?
02/20/2019 07:48 AMPosted by VictoriousDN
Honestly, I think Death Knights do more to kill diversity. When is the last time you played a mage deck that didn’t include FLJ?

Tempo mage didn’t use FLJ... but I haven’t seen one since Mana Wyrm got squashed by the nerf bat.
02/20/2019 07:48 AMPosted by VictoriousDN

It’s the ultimate non interactive element of the game. There’s 6 weapon tech cards, but only a very weak one against Hero powers.

It didn’t have to be that way. They could have printed a 2 mana battlecry minion “Hero Powers are disabled for 3 turns” thereby allowing you to out tempo a Genn/Baku/DK deck.