Ban class in wild and Bigpriest

Play Mode Discussion
Although it would be nice to introduce such a function in the standard mode, you should start with the wild mode. Because 100% of the players will ban the priest, which is represented, in fact, by a single disgusting deck. If the developers cannot fix the resurrection mechanics, then the option I have proposed remains. Of all the restyled and nasty decks of the wild regime, only he was left afloat. He is the only one who introduces a huge imbalance and negative emotions from playing in this mode. Other decks were fixed, although not as quickly as we would like, but still. And this has been terrorizing the wild regime for 2 years now and as it should be. Maybe we will cut this abomination out of the game?
I am going back to sc! I just have had about enough of the biggest pile of nonsense I have ever seen in any game.Sc does not have priest nonsense in it and is in fact a far superior game

Edit:let us bann the pile of nonsense already or I am done.
so I am losing game after game right what do they give me PRIEST NONSENSE!

i got so angry I had a hard time breathing and my hands had a tingling sensation.Sc never makes me this angry.No my fellow players either let us bann priest nonsense or we leave
02/24/2019 04:07 AMPosted by FaboanGrosb
Because 100% of the players will ban the priest, which is represented, in fact, by a single disgusting deck.

Nice joke, but my mill rogue invites big priests and my even shaman has no problems with it as well.
The shaman does not do too well. The mill mechanics are no better than this, perhaps even worse.
I actually may quit hearthstone for a while until big priest is dealt with. Its literally unbeatable so naturally 75% of wild is priest.
02/24/2019 03:22 PMPosted by Direhelm
I actually may quit hearthstone for a while until big priest is dealt with. Its literally unbeatable so naturally 75% of wild is priest.

No. Did everyone here not follow the Wild tournament?

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/wild-open-2019-qualifiers-winners-deck-lists/

Naturally unbeatable....

Ummm....

Aggro: Aggro Mech Hunter & Kingsbane Aggro Rogue trash it
Midrange: Even Shaman (which is still a deck in Wild) does fine against it
Control: Control Dragon Priest puts up a decent fight

It is obviously isn't unbeatable when it is currently not even page #1 on HSR Wild decks by winrate (and not even Priest #1 that is Dragon Control). The deck is annoying with Barnes' impact on it but let's not spout BS like you are:

Big priest is the #6 most played against deck (and dropping it appears since Kingsbane Aggro Rogue is #1 and just eats Big Priest alive) and we'll need to wait for a post-patch meta report but on glance form HSR it looks to be, at best, strong tier 2.
And what, other decks except aggro are not eligible to win? Yes, you can win on agro decks, you can even win on control (if the enemy is not lucky), but does that make this deck less unbalanced? I do not know where the dragon priest plays there, but at 5-1 ranks there are some big priests.
Moreover, Barnes has nothing to do with it, if there are decks without him. The problem is in the mechanics of resurrection and in the statues.
I play Dragon Priest in wild using my own recipe and I'm doing actually pretty fine ... just not against that cancerous deck type. If you play any midrange deck or control deck against this deck, you most likely lost then and there. And because priests have an aweful weak core set, Blizzard keeps pushing new aoes down their throats with every new expansion making them more and more geared towards aggro (which is fine but not if you do nothing for 4-5 turns BUT aoe).
02/24/2019 04:04 PMPosted by Silverangel

No. Did everyone here not follow the Wild tournament?

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/wild-open-2019-qualifiers-winners-deck-lists/

Tournaments and the other 1% of the community matches are absolutely 100% IRRELEVANT. These matches are played in a closed circuit, against predetermined enemy decks and players. In regular play you could Never find this out. As such, yours and anyone else’s arguement that priest is not played in tournament and isn’t a problem as a consequence does not know what they’re talking about.

Where are you taking your statistics from? Personal experience? No, Priest is nowhere near of what you claim. From my personal experience, using HS deck tracker data, I only played against 14 Priests in my last 100 Games (Wild Ranks 15 to 10). Where in the same 100 Games, I played against 20 Mages, and 16 Hunters.

While yes, Priest decks are strong, and really difficult to beat, but also, not as prevalent as you might think. And your confirmation bias does not help you here.
My even shammy does well against it. My mechathun Reno lock does too.
02/25/2019 01:30 AMPosted by Mazvis
No, Priest is nowhere near of what you claim. From my personal experience, using HS deck tracker data, I only played against 14 Priests in my last 100 Games (Wild Ranks 15 to 10)

But, as I wrote above, from 5 to 1 rank 100% big priests. Others simply do not exist there.
02/25/2019 02:31 AMPosted by FaboanGrosb
No, Priest is nowhere near of what you claim. From my personal experience, using HS deck tracker data, I only played against 14 Priests in my last 100 Games (Wild Ranks 15 to 10)

But, as I wrote above, from 5 to 1 rank 100% big priests. Others simply do not exist there.

OH, then just make a mill deck. Mill is the best counter to such decks. If you want, I can share the deck I use, and it is really good against such decks.
02/25/2019 05:02 AMPosted by Mazvis
OH, then just make a mill deck. Mill is the best counter to such decks. If you want, I can share the deck I use, and it is really good against such decks.

Mill decks are another problem to fight. Such mechanics causes no less negative, and even more than a big priest. The enemy should not interact with my cards at this level.

HSR from rank 5 through legend has Big Priest as the 6th most played deck in the past 7 days behind:
Kingsbane Aggro Rogue
ACH Paladin
Mech Aggro Hunter
Even Shaman
Cubelock

If you look at winrate instead of play rate (the data is 200 games @ 10 unique users minimum) Priest's top deck is Dragon Control (62.7%) and Big Priests top build is at 52.8% WR

As fro matchup, the build I am using as PoM for Turn 4 then you can steal/scream anything you don't want to deal with for a bit.

As for anecdotal evidence I looked at my rank 5 to rank 3 data in Wild and I've played against 2 Priests in 18 games (not primarily playing HS). To compare I have played against 5 Rogues in that set. The more kingsbane Aggro Rogues (and Mech Hunters) the less you'll see of Big Priest I would imagine.
02/24/2019 06:43 AMPosted by FaboanGrosb
The shaman does not do too well.

as I wrote above, from 5 to 1 rank 100% big priests. Others simply do not exist there.

Ok, here are my opponents stats with mentioned even shaman for run from rank 5 till legend:
Class % Winrate
Druid 2 50
Hunter 10 70
Mage 11 64
Paladin 18 61
Priest 11 55
Rogue 12 67
Shaman 11 64
Warlock 20 70
Warrior 5 40

You obviously do something wrong.
If you rarely come across such priests, this does not mean that the overwhelming majority of players meet him very often. Personally, I met him yesterday for 15 games 8 times. This is more than half. And I will repeat again, where does the agro deck here? There should be no decks that are conquered by just one archetype.
02/25/2019 07:02 AMPosted by FaboanGrosb
If you rarely come across such priests, this does not mean that the overwhelming majority of players meet him very often. Personally, I met him yesterday for 15 games 8 times. This is more than half. And I will repeat again, where does the agro deck here? There should be no decks that are conquered by just one archetype.

I pulled HSR (meta) data that shows Big Priest isn't the top deck by play rate. Most annoying? Sure, but at this point in time you're saying that your small data set > HSR. Dragon Priest feels like it is a 50/50 matchup how I have mine designed right now but we won't see matchup meta data for a bit.